problem+suggestion - hidden buttons on GUI

Started by am, Sun 20/04/2003 21:34:13

Previous topic - Next topic

am

I got a GUI with 28 items (0-27) (buttons, txt boxes and slider), when ettempting to add another item, it sais that I got the max (30) items, that is because I put in a txt box and deleted the text from it, leaving it impossible to delete ....

Q: Is there a way delete the empty txt boxes?

Suggestion: Adding a "item select" up-down arrows like in the area part of the room edit, for fast selection of items based on their number.

Pumaman

hmm, why can't you delete it? Even if it's got no text, you should still be able to select it and delete it.

am

Found it (it was the same colour as BG), but can't select it ...

BlackBaron

He can't select it because he can't find it, probably after he deleted all text it turned to point located in the top left corner of where the original box was.

I know it's hard, but I think you're only chance is to click all around that place (the top left corner of where original box was) until you find it.
"Do you thirst for knowledge no matter the cost?"
            -Watrik, master glassblower

am

No luck finding the corner ... :-(
Is there a scripting command that will show me where the corner is?
also, I only found one of the two missing GUI items (a label) I know the number of the other one but I don't even know what it is, is there a way to find out?

Pumaman

It's possible that it is underneath another control, or possibly dragged off the bottom of the GUI (try enlarging the GUI temporarily to check).

I appreciate the GUI editor could be better, but since it's not a part of the editor that gets used on a daily basis, it hasn't been a priority to improve.

BlackBaron

I know it's not priority, but until you get the chance to improve it, it would be nice to at least have an option to cycle troughout the GUI objects, I don't know, something, like pressing the ">" key selects the next GUI object and pressing the "<" key selects the previews one.

Thanks a lot.
"Do you thirst for knowledge no matter the cost?"
            -Watrik, master glassblower

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk