What is the best game of MAGS April?

Frightfest: Dracula vs Frankenstein vs The Mummy by Slasher
7 (63.6%)
Research Resident by FunkPanzer
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Mon 16/04/2018 01:14:48

MAGS Host

The voting is over and the results have been carefully counted.

The winner is:

Congrats, Slashman. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for May.

Research Resident by FunkPanzer

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

Please vote using the poll above.

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database

Voting Ends: April 15th

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic: Three's a Crowd
This month's guidelines were set by Slasher

In this game you will need three characters (as in three's a crowd). Each character may have his/her own agenda or they may all have the same agenda...Either way ONLY ONE character can be chosen for the game.Think Maniac Mansion.

You could make a game where you just change the character view... but NO NO NO... The games must all be slightly different ie some text changes at the very least to differentiate between the characters. You may even choose to make three different games, one for each character chosen...

Whatever you decide to create have fun and I wish you all the best of luck.

Ending:  March 31st

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

• You may work in a team to produce an entry.
• You are not allowed to use any material created before the competition. Your game must be completely new! An exception is music and sound; you can use any audio that is freely available to the public.
• Any modules and templates featured in this board are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

Slasher

Come on guys... 48 views and no takers as yet....?

I'v got my notepad and pen out and I am sketching out a few ideas...

Not quite sure what I'll be doing yet, but as soon as the 'magic idea' hits me it will be steamroller Slasher (laugh)

Hope to see entries here soon.... (nod)

KyriakosCH

Hm, well, i might try, but i am not making any promises ^^
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Slasher

After deliberating for a few hours and having a few choices I decided to create a game based on this:

He who dares....(laugh)

Slasher

Have spent the last few hours setting up the game and have come up with this intro screen:

in production

Looks like I'm committed now (laugh)

Mandle

Haha... classic Slasher-esque game by the loks of it!

I'll be sitting this one out... still gotta finish the last one and, as the story is complete in my mind, I have to get it done!

WHAM

Going to discuss ideas for this with a friend over the weekend and see if we come up with something that works.

Friend is out of the picture for now, but I have a small idea brewing I might go for. Will have to see how the early planning turns out.

I'm out. :(
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Funkpanzer

Still working out the concept but I think this is going to be a botany based survival game.

[imgzoom]http://www.charlietwitch.com/ags/reRes/biodome_pre.png[/imgzoom]

I realize I could have given them all the same body and not needed to make 3 completely unique walk cycles but where's the fun in that? ;-D

Funkpanzer

Still not really a "game" yet but the limb damage, and skill check systems are in place! You'll be tasked with documenting 15 plant specimens in a neglected research facility all while braving mortal danger and, depending on who you play as, personal limitations!

horusr

Working on something! I hope it fits to theme. There is 3 character you can select and 1 NPC. The only difference is views and monologues actually.

It is very simple game without puzzles that inspired by saw series. You all are kidnapped and 1 of you has to decide who will die. You learn their relationships and thought on each other while progressing.

The problem is I don't have any PC to create the game, so I need someone who have one and want to be my teammate.

Also I work very slow on art, but since there are not much art to do, I can complete it before deadline. It is day 3 and this is what I have for now. Work in progress background and 1 of 4 character's portrait(which sucks):

[imgzoom]https://i.hizliresim.com/m2p614.png[/imgzoom]

Slasher

Looks like we have two nice entries on the boil (nod)

My own game is starting to shape up...

HanaIndiana

Some great ideas this month :grin:
I like the security camera idea! That's what I wanted in my Wilfred game... several rooms you can see via camera. But I ran out of time.
Funkpanzer... botany based, and mortal danger? I'm in!
And as far as monsters go, I'm team Dracula all the way. He's such a snazzy dresser.

Slasher

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Fri 09/03/2018 19:00:28
Some great ideas this month :grin:
And as far as monsters go, I'm team Dracula all the way. He's such a snazzy dresser.
You bloodsucker you (laugh)
Why not help poor Frankenstein become handsome and find true love? (laugh)
Or what about helping The Mummy dress in something dandy?

Your choice (nod)

Oh, and a Werewolf makes some guest appearances (nod)

Game progress: 70%

DBoyWheeler

If two's company and three's a crowd, then what are four and five?  Nine!

(Sorry, it had to be said.)

Anyway, best of luck to all who enter this month's MAGS competition.

Slasher

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 11/03/2018 11:52:27
If two's company and three's a crowd, then what are four and five?  Nine!

(Sorry, it had to be said.)

Anyway, best of luck to all who enter this month's MAGS competition.

Actually "It's a PARTY" (laugh)

Slasher

After Dracula hears howling:

Game Progress: 80%

CherishKuddleMonster

I would like to join also, I'm a bit late and never made a game before but this would be good practice!

Slasher

Go for it CherishKuddleMonster...there is still time...

You don't need a complex game or lots of rooms...just a good story and game play based on the topic... (nod)

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 13/03/2018 01:39:33
Go for it CherishKuddleMonster...there is still time...

You don't need a complex game or lots of rooms...just a good story and game play based on the topic... (nod)

And for a first attempt it doesn't really even have to be that.

Just get started and don't be embarrassed if it's not all that great. It's first steps that matter and they are fun to look back on later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk