Steam disjoint plugin problem

Started by The creature, Wed 14/03/2018 13:12:41

Previous topic - Next topic

The creature

I'm just looking for a little help with initializing the plugin.

I am running AGS Editor 2.4.0.16 and downloaded both the AGSteam-disjoint.dll and steam_api dll files. I have both files situated in my editor directory and both files in my debug and compiled directories.

My problem is when I load up the editor and right-click on the Plugin icon there is no import option.

I'm just wondering if someone could shine a little light on what I'm doing wrong. The dll files I'm assuming are the latest from the:
Steam Thread

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: The creature on Wed 14/03/2018 13:12:41
I'm just looking for a little help with initializing the plugin.

I am running AGS Editor 2.4.0.16 and downloaded both the AGSteam-disjoint.dll and steam_api dll files. I have both files situated in my editor directory and both files in my debug and compiled directories.

My problem is when I load up the editor and right-click on the Plugin icon there is no import option.

You mean AGS 3.4.0.16, I believe?

You do not need to copy plugin dlls to compiled and debug directories, they are supposed to be copied there by Editor when game is compiled.

Then, plugins are not imported, their names should automatically appear in Plugins node, as greyed out items. Then you right click on them and choose "Use this plugin" for your game.

There is a issue when plugins may randomly not appear in the list for unknown reason. I heard that restarting Editor may solve that. But first of all, double check that you have necessary plugin DLLs in Editor's program folder, and that this is exactly the folder from where you launch AGS.

The creature

Sorry, that is the version I am using.

I'm also sorry for being very stupid. Placing the dll files in the dir that has my ags 'Game' is not the same as putting them in my actual AGS Editor folder....

Scratch this post. And thank you so much for helping me.

Khris

As is obvious from the screenshots of your game, which for some weird reason also feature the window border, you're clearly using a 3.X version, not 2.4 from 2002 or whatever.

Edit: The game looks and sounds absolutely awesome, btw!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk