Which story? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 23/03/2018 14:41:49

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

If you like, you can tell me which of the three following plots seems more of interest to you. :) Ultimately one of them will be chosen as the idea for a new short story...

1) Tribal custom; a seemingly simple ceremony, involving a lie, which later on is revealed to be holding back something terrifying. The trick seems to be to make one forget of the danger, so as to carry on.

2) Invalid person that keeps doing the same thing over and over (eg carving lines on some piece of paper or other object), and someone argues it is a code.

3) Large area (eg some vast building, or even a city) which has built-in collapse-points, ie if some objects in a room are moved then the whole collapses.

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Danvzare

I really love the first one. Just take out the tribal part, and it sounds like it would make an incredible horror story.

My little brother prefers the third one though.

TheFrighter

3)seems very bizarre to me, and I like it.

_

selmiak

what about a Large area, a barren land under which lava flow, which has built-in collapse-points on which some person sits, if said person is removed then the whole land collapses and all inhabitants are doomed. That special person keeps doing the same thing over and over (eg carving lines on some piece of paper or other object), and someone argues it is a code, that reveales something terrifying, which all others believe so they have to get rid of him or go crazy with their lies and false believes.  :-D

KyriakosCH

Thank you all.

Selmiak, this isn't Monkey Island :=

Though, ultimately, all works are connected. In my case all my works are (below the surface) about checks and balances (and inevitable gates and gaps) in the mental world :) Symbols will refer to that, though usually not meant to be picked up, thus the story has a different surface.

lorenzo

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Fri 23/03/2018 14:41:49
3) Large area (eg some vast building, or even a city) which has built-in collapse-points, ie if some objects in a room are moved then the whole collapses.
This plot is similar to the short story Il Crollo Della Baliverna ("The collapse of the Baliverna") by Dino Buzzati.

Spoiler
The Baliverna is a building used to house homeless people. While climbing a wall of the building, a man accidentally breaks a metal bar on it, and that causes the building to collapse, killing all the people inside.

The man is left wondering if he caused the collapse or if it was just a coincidence. Of course, is unthinkable that a single metal bar holds an entire building, but the man can't help but feel guilty as if what happened is some sort of punishment.
[close]

KyriakosCH

javixblack

I liked the second one! :)

Grim

Number three grabbed my attention the most.

CherishKuddleMonster

KyriakosCH

Thank you all ^^

Hopefully at some point in time my work will become more known. Currently i estimate that point arriving in 200 years (laugh)

Jojo_the_monkey

I would stick to the 2nd story as a starting point. You can expand to many branches along to various interpretations.
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

KyriakosCH

Re your avatar, many years ago i had written a small novella about a pianist who was being haunted by a monkey - the latter didn't allow the pianist to achieve much, and would at times play some false notes on the piano.
8-)
Maybe i should try to rewrite that story in the future. It generally alluded to psychological issues getting in the way of achievement.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk