RunAgsGame issue

Started by The creature, Tue 27/03/2018 18:44:47

Previous topic - Next topic

The creature

Hi

I have a button on my main menu that I want to load a new AGS game (essentially a duplicate of the base game but will have new art).

I'm just using the simple:
RunAGSGame("AgonyMA.exe", 0, 0); in my script.

I always thoroughly google and look at the AGS bible but I cant figure this out. When I click on the button the game room fades out and seems to load the original game.exe. There seems to be some subtle differences but it seems to be the same as the base game with no change. There is no crash and both exe's are in the compiled folder. It is very odd...

Any help would be appreciated.

Khris

I gotta ask: exactly how sure are you that AGS did not load the 2nd exe? How subtle exactly are those differences?

The creature

Well I think it is loading the new exe but something is going amiss.

It looks like it's just reloading the original game again the only difference is that the main menu UI seems to be that of the new EXE.

I have a non-saving Logo screen that the player passes through before the main menu room in the main game, this room doesn't exist in the new game exe. When I click on the button to switch to the new exe though, the logo room is displayed and then leads to the main menu room (not sure how this is possible). From there it's just the base game as normal (despite a player character sprite change). The main menu on the new EXE is missing the button to start the new game which is correct but is also missing some art here and there. :/

The creature

FIXED

It was the naming convention of the EXE it didn't like. it's interesting how it was kind of working. Thanks for all the help and quick response :)

Thank you.

Khris

Glad it's working, but can you tell us what exactly the issue was and what you did to fix it, in case somebody else finds this thread?

The creature

As stated, it was simply the name of the EXE. I had spaces and a hyphen. Removing these did the trick :)

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk