Strangeland

Started by Pinback, Tue 27/03/2018 23:44:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinback

Well it's been half a decade or something - seems like about time for us to produce another point and click!

Strangeland

A man awakes in an otherworldly carnival and watches a gold-haired woman hurl herself down a bottomless well for his sake. He seeks empty answers from mocking ravens, an eyeless scribe, a living furnace, a mismade mermaid, and many more who dwell within the park. All the while, something awful screeches from the top of a towering roller-coaster, and he knows that until he destroys this Dark Thing, the woman will keep jumping, falling, and dying, over and over again ....

TRAILER

For more details check out our official announcement;

ANNOUNCEMENT

facecrab3a" border="0
</a>

Stupot

Looks great. Best of luck.

TheFrighter

Same kind of Sanitarium?

_

ManicMatt

Games with this much brown aren't usually good looking games, you broke the mould! Intriguing universe. 

selmiak

That face house looks scary. Would totally enter :D

Good luck on producing this game and keep us posted :)

Click'd

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 28/03/2018 11:00:51
Games with this much brown aren't usually good looking games, you broke the mould! Intriguing universe.
Take a look at Primordia.

Looks A LOT like a darker version of the dream sequence in Shardlight (save for the screenshot with the big face). I'm sold.

Riaise

This looks amazing! ;-D

ManicMatt

Take a look at Primordia.

True, I bought that as well, but like most pc games I haven't got around to playing any for some time. Anyway, I was trying to say something positive believe it or not, ha.

Click'd

Durq

So excited for this one!

Cassiebsg

Looking awesome and intriguing!
Good luck with production. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

kconan

Looks great Pinback!  I'm eager to walk through that awesome doorway and start the adventure.

josiah1221

Great news! I loved Primordia. This is looking really good as well, definitely looking forward to it ;-D

Blondbraid

This looks absolutely gorgeous and I'm curious to see if the world in the screenshots are from a dream sequence or another dimension.
Either way this looks great! ;-D

Pinback

Thanks so much for the comments y'all!

I'll try to keep an eye on/update this thread with more details when time permits - so yeah watch this space.

I like the palette comments and comparisons to Shardlight - hehehe very kind. :)

@blondebraid All shall soon be revealed in the waxing of the moon... Or posted here as screenshots, one of the two!

SilverSpook

Day 1 purchaser! Full marks for art, concept, and trailer. Primordia converted me to AGS, and I think that Strangeland may keep me in AGS a bit longer!

Two Tales

Ooo...This looks exciting. Can't wait to see a bit more.

Surdy

Hello Pinback,
Is it Miranda Gauvin's voice in the trailer? Is she playing a role in the game (voice or something)?
Graphics look so great & remember the same Sanitarium's spooky head of clown circus & amazing so dark mood :D
Can't wait, folks & remember: keep up the good work!

Pinback

Quote from: Surdy on Wed 11/04/2018 19:41:03
Hello Pinback,
Is it Miranda Gauvin's voice in the trailer? Is she playing a role in the game (voice or something)?
Graphics look so great & remember the same Sanitarium's spooky head of clown circus & amazing so dark mood :D
Can't wait, folks & remember: keep up the good work!

Yes! Indeed it is Miranda Gauvin and yes, we're hoping to have her as part of the voice cast for Strangeland - I won't say to what extent yet because I don't want to spoil anything.

Sanitarium has indeed been a fairly big inspiration (at least on the art/atmosphere) side of things.

Thanks @SilverSpook & @Two Tales!

Pinback

Little update; testing is underway but we're doing some major retooling alongside - part of this process will be adding vision sequences, and here's a taste of that;

facecrab3a" border="0
</a>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk