MAGS surprise

Started by Klaus, Mon 21/04/2003 07:12:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

Some weeks ago I already mailed this to the MAGS team - now here it is for all:

Since I like the idea of the MAGS competition I thought about how to support this project. I had a look at the current MAGS site and saw that it's still under construction. Nowhere was a complete MAGS history, everything's spread on various pages and boards. So I had the idea to create a functional website for MAGS just the way that it was discussed in another thread here in the forums. Well, I searched for almost every MAGS related link on the internet, took screenshots, puzzled it all together and put the site to reality :)

Now you can have a look at it: http://www.mags-competition.tk

The site offers a database of all former MAGS guidelines, games and winners. It lists the current rules and an online voting system is also included. But I'm not sure if really every competition and game is listed yet. Also some winners and screenshots are missing because I couldn't find out. So it would be nice if you could tell or send me the missing rules, winner names and shots to complete the list.

Perhaps this site could be the official MAGS website - of course only if the MAGS teams agrees, else I'll run it just as an inofficial MAGS fan site.

Okay, that's it. I hope you all enjoy...

Nostradamus

Thumbs up dude!
Very well done!

Timosity

excellent site, I can see a lot of work has gone into it.

very extensive.

well done

Barcik

Holy shit this rocks!

You got my email wrong though.  >:(

(barcik86@yahoo.com)
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Dave Gilbert

Nice work, dude!

Although some descriptions of the individual games would be nice.

Klaus

Thank you all.

Barcik: No need to be sad, your e-mail is correct :) I think you just read the javascript code of the e-mail link. This includes some additional letters to prevent from spam mails. If you click on the icon the "clean" address will be used.

Dave: I also already thought of a short description or review of the games. It wouldn't be a problem to show this on a detail page for every game. But I wasn't sure if it really is needed: Should one know the story before playing the game or is it enough just to see a screenshot accompanied by the general guidelines like it's offered now..? Perhaps there will be some more posts concerning this feature or other requests. We'll see then...

frobozz

Klaus

I'm glad to see that you all like the site, but it still isn't complete yet. So if you have any further information about missing guidelines, games or screenshots please send them to me (site@mags-competition.tk) Also I don't know by now if most of you want additional game descriptions or if I should leave the site as is. Thanks for your support.

Pumaman

Wow yeah, great work - looks very professional :)

remixor

Wow  :o  Very well-laid out and cleanly-designed site.  I've never been involved with MAGS but it seems like fun.  Hopefully I'll get the opportunity at some point.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

jannar85

I like it alot...!

Btw.. I can't download The Mystery of Hackenslash Island, by necro.
Anyone has it?

*** edit ***
Huh? I'm part of the crew? But... what...?
I didn't know I even was in the staff - before I read the site!

What should I do? What should I do? What SHOULD I do? ;)
I mean, there must be something who has to be done, right?
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Klaus

CJ: Thank you. So if you ever need someone to redesign the official AGS site don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be happy to hear from you :)

Jannar: Ouch, seems as if I got something wrong here then. I took this information from the forums. In "MAGS needs you" the final entry by Magintz says "... the MAGS team, i.e me and jannar ..." and "... so Jannar will help ...". So I thought it's correct like that. Sorry. Well, I should better remove your name from the editorial, right? How confusing... :-\

jannar85

I mean, that's correct, but... I just didn't know that I was still in it, since MAGS is really held by the winners.

Esseb

That's pretty damn nifty.

Two complaints though, the little boxes used for links such as e-mail etc. are way too small, at least for 1280*1024 res. Maybe make them wider or something, and/or a different colour than the background.

Plus, the headline has the same colour as the links which made me confused at least. Probably missed a few links I thought were just blue for emphasis. Also on the history page you really mix with the link colours a lot. On the "Show by names only, including a winner" sentence I clicked show two times before realising the links where to the right.

Ah well, better than I could do, so don't feel offended :).

DGMacphee

Holy shit.

This is a million times better than that first shitty webpage I created for MAGS.

I'm so pleased that people have supported this and developed it from my small seedlings!

It kinda brings a little tear to my eye!

Thank you!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Klaus

Jannar: Okay, so I leave it as it is for the moment. Perhaps we get closer information about this when next month's competition starts.

Esseb: Good critics. I knew the links were not set continuous to the same colour. But now they are: All links (and only links) are shown in a dark blue now. Perhaps navigation is a little easier now for some users. The icons: I also use 1280px and for me it's working fine, so I don't really want to change their size. I checked other colour combinations but they all appeared to be too shocking. Blue still seems to be the best choice. I hope you don't mind me keeping it all almost like before.

DGMacphee: What could be a better praise than a little tear of the original MAGS host? :) Thank you. By the way: Do you still have some of the missing game screenshots..?

magintz

Jannar - Yeah don't worry, you are part of the team, as is the winner, but when we sometimes need to discuss winners rules, or maybe if noone enters

*looks at last month*

When I get home i'll post next month
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

jannar85

Yay! :D
I'm in MAGS!!! :D

Igor

Fantastic! Really amazing looking site :)

RickJ

Nice work Klaus.....  :D

Klaus

Of course I am happy about all your positive response, but I still need your help concerning the missing items on the new MAGS site. As I didn't yet get any information about these here's my final try to get your support. This is what still is needed in detail:

-1- Missing screenshots. I wasn't able to find/capture shots of these games:
Ernie's Big Adventure Part 2, Monkeyville, The Dog Kennel, Pixely Pete and the Schpeitzfeld Mansion, Indiana Jones and the Lost Chamber, Fad of Devil's Hash, Tiny Green Piece of Crap

-2- Missing winners. Who won these contests:
2001-12, 2002-06 (TV), 2002-07 (Mittens), 2002-09 (Male/Female) ?

-3- Missing guidelines. What were the rules for 2001-12 and who set them up ?

-4- Anything else that you think is missing so far.

Please help me to complete the site. Thanks a lot...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk