MAGS May “Rats” (RESULTS)

Started by MAGS Host, Mon 30/04/2018 23:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS May?

Rainbow Skunk Prism and the Vermin-Truder
2 (11.1%)
The Rat Pack Do Cheesy Castle
2 (11.1%)
The Rat Pack
2 (11.1%)
Commando Raid
5 (27.8%)
Rat Playing Game
1 (5.6%)
The Burgomaster
1 (5.6%)
Lab Rat Maze!
0 (0%)
Echo in the Clouds
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: Mon 25/06/2018 00:11:30

Stupot

Good to see some progress being made. How are the games coming along? Just 3 days to go.

Also, where's Slasher? He hasn't posted for a week.

VampireWombat

Well, my game's not going as well as I'd like. I hit an art block every time I try to make backgrounds. And I have yet to find a proper balance of handling clues. So I'm probably going to simplify things and maybe even dummy out the clue board. And probably only have 3 endings.
Today I'm going to force myself to make backgrounds and use whatever comes of it. And tomorrow I will tie up any loose ends, with final tests on Thursday.

Cassiebsg

I only need to implement the last puzzle and do some final adjustments/bug desinfection... only I have a "little" problem with the way I want the last one to work, and for that I need Gurok... (wtf) But I'll code it as is now, and hope he can figure a way to fix the problem... otherwise the "problem" will be less of one for the player to solve... (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 29/05/2018 00:35:44
Good to see some progress being made. How are the games coming along? Just 3 days to go.

Also, where's Slasher? He hasn't posted for a week.
Unfortunately I had been quite ill during the last week but feeling better now.

It was just as well that my entry was practically done, though I don't have time for proper testing so i'll have to go with what i have.

I will upload it later this evening and hope for the best (laugh)

Meanwhile, i am excited by all the entries this month and they all need a pat on the back (nod)

regards

Slasher

Stupot

Glad you're back and feeling better, mate.

Slasher

There is a game upload to database error 403..access forbidden.

Cheers Stupot (nod)

Slasher

This game deals with oppression and having the courage to face the oppressor.
It's a kind of Robin Hood story.

You may notice a link connection with the characters and the topic (laugh)

Storyline:

There had been years of oppression and cheese starvation under King Rat. One day, after having had enough Del, Rodney and Trigger pluck up the courage to put an end to it and plan taking all of King Rat's cheese and feeding the cheese starved. So they pack their lunchboxes and set off to King Rat's Cheesy Castle. Of course getting there is another story as they have to first make their way through a wood to find Checkpoint Charlie, and so their journey begins.

Once they eventually arrive at Cheesy Castle they need to avoid being seen and sneak into the castle. If seen they are put into a dungeon. Once inside the castle they must search the tower and take any cheese they can get. Their eventual aim is to get King Rat and his rat soldiers out of the tower and go to the top of the tower where you can take all the cheese that is there which includes melted Camembert running down the walls and a floor of cheddar cheese.

Beware that you don't get caught as King Rat's soldiers are cut-throats that like to skin lesser rats!

Along the way meet Bovis a villager, Clive who is King Rat's jester, Duncan the Donkey who has an injured leg, a wild Coyote and a rat soldier who want to jazz up his cheese sandwich!

All solutions to problems can be solved with food... Yes, food.

You can switch the main character to Del, Rodney or Trigger during the game. Keep an eye on your 'Cheese-ometer' as it shows the current weight of cheese taken.

Once you get to the castle you may if you so wish abort and go home.

Be aware that there is some humor towards the end that may offend some! (but not me...he who dares ;))

You may notice the link connections between the characters and the Topic.

Screenshots

Specs:
640 X 480 resolution
32 Bit color
Direct3D9 hardware acceleration

Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2256/

Cassiebsg

glad you feeling better. :)
But you do realize there is still 2 days? plenty of time for testing and debugging. (nod)

Slasher

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 29/05/2018 17:54:32
glad you feeling better. :)
But you do realize there is still 2 days? plenty of time for testing and debugging. (nod)
I meant testing by someone else.. I'v been over it quite a few times...but it's always someone else that finds things (laugh)

Until Database error is fixed here is a direct link to The Rat Pack Do Cheesy Castle:

Direct Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yv86mm8f12fhu7g/The+Rat+Pack+Do+Cheesy+Castle.rar

Radiant

Well, I had some nice ideas for this month but didn't get further than the drawing board. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Kastchey

So did I... it's been way too long since the last time I really used the editor so a customized GUI defeated me this month. It was a good exercise, though.

In an attempt to make myself useful I stuffed some graphics down CaptainD's throat instead.

Cassiebsg

Well, ours is almost done... there's one only "little small" bug to be fixed... well, okay, it's a big bug since it crashes the game, but on the plus side it's right at the end and all that is missing for the player to do is to run out to freedom!
Hope Gurok can fix it. :)
Then I just need to fix the usual problem with the restart point tomorrow and do a play run from the start. (laugh)

Slasher

The Rat Pack Do Cheesy Castle..

New Build uploaded.

Typo's / wrong grammar spotted...Fixed.
Cheese chute issue with Rodney and Trigger...Fixed.
And few few other minor bits.

Cassiebsg

Seems like ours is now sort of finished, still need to do a play run and look for eventual bugs, but I think it's playable from start to end, and that restart now works as it should.  :-D
But now I want to enjoy the good weather and have a dip in the pool. later all

Mandle

Oh dear... Oh deary, deary me...

I really thought I would get my game finished today, and now, don't get me wrong, I worked on it for 12 hours getting it to do what I want 20% of the time and not doing what I want 80% of the time...

I guess it's make or break tomorrow or...

Any chance of an extension over the coming weekend?

Hobo

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 30/05/2018 16:34:29
Any chance of an extension over the coming weekend?
I wouldn't mind a weekend extension. I'm probably going to release an early build or a demo no matter the deadline, but a few extra days always helps.

And then I'll keep working on it over the summer to flesh it out and add some polish. I really feel like my original plans for a tiny jam game with few simple puzzles and a cobbled together story don't do justice to Pinback's and selmiak's awesome visual contributions and Myshkin's music. It definitely deserves more time and effort put into it.

Slasher

Hobo: If you really can't complete the game to full justice in time I would defiantly go for the short demo. If you do that very well, and the player enjoys it they may well want to play more more more... in which case your rating will go up (nod)

Plus you will have unlimited time to really work on it...

Hobo

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 30/05/2018 20:44:45
Hobo: If you really can't complete the game to full justice in time I would defiantly go for the short demo. If you do that very well, and the player enjoys it they may well want to play more more more... in which case your rating will go up (nod)

Plus you will have unlimited time to really work on it...
Yes, end it with a cliffhanger (nod)
Ugh... unlimited time. I've been making Kingdom of Ehcilc with unlimited time limit and it's been in production for four years :)
I'd rather wrap this one up in a month or two.

Cassiebsg

Well, "finished" mine for today. :) Total play time (knowing exactly what to do and where to go) ... 15 min (laugh)
If I have time I'll do a second play run tomorrow, just to see if I can add a last "feature" to it, plus I noticed something that I should fix (just cause you guys like to break stuff! (roll) ).

@Hobo, careful, as soon as you have "unlimited time" and the pressure is off the polish might end up dragging for ever... (roll)

morganw

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 18/05/2018 21:03:45
I borrowed some motives from a famous medieval artist, can anyone guess which one?
Is it Albertus Pictor?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk