There seems to be some problems with AGS Site.

Started by RetroJay, Wed 29/01/2020 22:10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroJay

Hi, all good peeps.

I have been informed today, by one of my game testers, that there seems to be some problems.
When I use the search for any of my games, or other games, I receive a "No results found".
By finding my games in the "Completed games" thread and clicking the download link I get the "Oops" page.
Also... I am writing this because my game testers profile seems to have vanished.
When she tries to log on it just says "Username doesn't exist".
Has anyone else been experiencing problems?

Yours, Jay.

Cassiebsg

Okay, I did a couple checks:

- Searching by name is case sensitive! Meaning that typing retrojay won't find you, but typing RetroJay will.

-  Not sure if something wrong with that "oops" page. but I tested with one of my games and a new window pops up so you can decide what version to download (new feature that AGA is currently implementing). Maybe you just hit it while he was applying changes. Or something needs fixing with your game.

- Don't know about your testers profile. Maybe case sensitive also?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

RetroJay

Hi, Cassiebsg.
Great to hear from you. :)

AHA! You are right.
Just tried the "Games" page again and typed in a game using the appropriate upper and lower case letters and it works. :-D
Is that a new feature? suppose it must be because I never had to do that before. :-\

Hmm... It seems that I have a few broken links, here and there. I need to sort these. 8-0

As for my testers profile... It appears that a character in her name has been changed to a lower case letter, for some odd reason.
She will try again tomorrow, all being well.

Thanks for your reply.
Yours, Jay.

P.s.
Yeah, the link to "The Lost Prince of Lorden" has been changed. Now the page where my game is, actually has the name in the address.
Strangely, though, "The Decorcist" hasn't got the name in the link and that still works. :-\
Anyway... It's all working again, for now.
Thanks for your help, Cassie. ;)

Cassiebsg

I noticed they now have the name in the link, but just the game number works as well, thank God.  :-D

Np.
And yes, I'm surprised about case sensitive in the search box as well. Not sure if it was intentional, or an accident. Guess we'll have to wait for AGA to answer on this one.  :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

The case sensitivity was an unintented side effect of something else I did.  Should be fixed.

All the links are backwards compatible, as Cassiebsg says.

What is the username that has been changed?  And what should be changed character have been?

RetroJay

Hi, AGA.

That's great to hear that the case sensitivity issue has been solved. Works fine now.
For the links. Strangely it was only one of my games that the link appeared to be broken for and when I checked the game download page the address was different.
Not to worry, though. It all works fine now.

The username that was changed is "BarbWire". For some reason the W had changed to lower case, although this is also working fine now.

Thanks, Jay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk