Text doesn't change size after changing the resolution of the game

Started by FM_Luder, Thu 24/05/2018 18:58:17

Previous topic - Next topic

FM_Luder

Hi everyone,

I'm new to AGS. Working on my first game right now. I watched the whole Tutorial by densming on youtube, read the Tutotrial on the AGS Site and searched the Forum but somehow I couldn't find the solution to a relative simple (I think so) problem. So excuse me if I just overlooked something (or being just stupid;)).

I changed the resolution of my game from 320 x 240 to 200 x 100. But the text which is shown in the game doesn't change size. It just stays too big (in the size of the old resolution).

Thanks for your help!
Greets Ludre

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: FM_Luder on Thu 24/05/2018 18:58:17
I changed the resolution of my game from 320 x 240 to 200 x 100. But the text which is shown in the game doesn't change size. It just stays too big (in the size of the old resolution).

Fonts in AGS are not automatically resized, with the following exception: when your game has 640x400 or higher and you disabled "Fonts are designed for high resolution" option in General Settings. In such case they will be scaled x2. But this is a legacy option, and usually should not be touched. Also that does not seem to be your case, since your game is even smaller (200x100).

So what are your options. If you are using bitmap fonts (WFN) then your only solution is to manually scale them down in the bitmap font editor, or find smaller font.
Font editor plugin/standalone tool: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48527.0

If you are using TTF fonts, you may reimport them with different font size (open font in AGS editor, click "Import over" button, and choose same font file again. It will ask you of font size, set that to something smaller than you already have.

If nothing of this works, or font does not look good in smaller size, you will have to find another suitable font.

dayowlron

Really fonts are set to be a certain size no matter what the resolution of the game is, however you could try a setting in "General Settings"
Look under the Heading of "Text output" for a setting called "Fonts designed for 640x480". Try switching this and see if it helps.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

FM_Luder

Sorry for my late answer.

I imported a smaller font over my old fonts. That just worked fine! Thanks a lot for your help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk