Organizing GUI elements on HD screen

Started by Silent Bob, Sat 26/05/2018 13:05:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Bob

Hello there :wink:

I've got some technical issues. My game has 1920x1080 resolution. When I enter to my GUI preview which has the same diemensions (but it mostly contains alpha) and there are some buttons placed on it, I can't scroll down the GUI's window, and due to that I'm not able to put those buttons at the bottom of mentioned GUI (AGS editor just don't show the scrollers). My monitor is also 1920x1080, and I'm guessing if it's resolution could be a little bit higher then it wouldn't be a problem. I figured out some work-around solution - my button graphics has some alpha left at its top, like 300 extra pixels, and this gives me possibility of grabbing them and move around when I don't even see button's graphics any more.

Is there any other solution - more user friendly? :confused:
If you wanna do something - you seek for solution, if you don't want to - you seek for a reason.

Matti

There's no good solution. You can of course set a button's coordinates manually instead of dragging it around. Or you can try this.

Crimson Wizard

I cannot believe these scrollbars are still not implemented!

First of all, you may position controls on GUI by selecting them in the list at the top of the properties pane, then setting their Top/Left properties.

I heard in the past someone did following solution: split GUI in 2 or more parts, and display them together, visually merged. You may write helper function to show/hide them all at aonce:
Code: ags

void ChangeGUIVisible(bool visible)
{
    gGUIPart1.Visible = visible;
    gGUIPart2.Visible = visible;
    ... etc
}

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk