MAGS June "Ice" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/06/2018 00:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS June?

Groundhog by Slasher
2 (15.4%)
To the Mountains of Madness by Mandle
0 (0%)
Ice in the Air by Cassiebsg
1 (7.7%)
Comet Collision by VampireWombat
1 (7.7%)
Don't Ice your Cool by Hobo
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Mon 16/07/2018 00:16:44

Stupot

Enough of the puns. Shouldn't you all be working on your first draughts.

selmiak

don't you mean thawts?

I have a great idea but decided to put it on ice...

Slasher

Hi

My shortish Game 'Groundhog' is now at 99.99% complete and testing is next on the list.....

It's a fantasy / romance type game..

VampireWombat

99.9% complete? Wow.
I didn't even have a real idea until almost bedtime last night.
I'm not even completely sure what mine is going to be other than having 1-3 characters lost somewhere with snow and ice.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 04/06/2018 12:44:36
99.9% complete? Wow.
I didn't even have a real idea until almost bedtime last night.
I'm not even completely sure what mine is going to be other than having 1-3 characters lost somewhere with snow and ice.
Having decided to make a less time consuming game I opted for something shorter to create.. though I am playing the percentages.... the chances of getting the full solutions correct on the first go is very very slight...it may take many more goes and that expands the time.

So a game that could be completed in two minutes will probably take 10/15 minutes or even longer...

Groundhog:
"Bill Rutherford is an ordinary eight-to-five type guy. He works in a local bank doing a job that he finds rather stuffy. He is single and hopes that one day he will meet the girl of his dreams. He does not know it yet, but he is about to step into something mysterious that will change his life... forever."

This is a fantasy / romance game.

Maybe you should go for something similar?

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 04/06/2018 13:35:59
This is a fantasy / romance game.

Maybe you should go for something similar?
I haven't really played those types of games, so I'm not sure how I'd do it.
But it does give me an idea that I could make it more of an interactive story. That would solve the problem of trying to figure out puzzles.
Thanks for triggering the idea.

Slasher

GROUNDHOG

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2261/

"Bill Rutherford is an ordinary eight-to-five type guy. He works in a local bank doing a job that he finds rather stuffy. He is single and hopes that one day he will meet the girl of his dreams. He does not know it yet, but he is about to step into something mysterious that will change his life...forever."

He goes to the Silver Caf'e for coffee when he bumps into Carol and it is instant attraction.

The idea of the game is to get to know Carol in as few days as possible. You do this by guessing her favorite things such as drink, food, song etc etc.

You need to get all subject options correct to go to the next scene..... failure of any subject dialog option will make you relive the day again.

Will Bill get the girl and most importantly, how many days does he need to relive before he does?

Fantasy/Romance.

Game is based on Dialog Option choices.

You cannot Save (short game) and the only cursor is the Pointer.

Slasher

Come on guys,

show us your wares (laugh)

My game: Fixed some missed text...

VampireWombat

I could show pictures of silverware.
Research and starting the AGS project file are all I currently have done. I don't have a name or anything.
I was going to at least start work on graphics this weekend, but I ended up playing Kerbal Space Program yesterday and have been distracted by other things today.
I'm not even sure if I'm going to make graphics using Inkscape and Spriter or in Blender with cartoonish shading.
I do know that there will be a way for your penguin to die with every decision given. And that there will be 2-4 settings for violence level.
Edit: Okay, here's a quick version of the player penguin made in Inkscape.
Not Safe For Mandle
Spoiler
[close]

Mandle

Errrr... I'm finding the positioning of the penguin's tail a little disturbing to my eye... (laugh)

VampireWombat

Cassiebsg

I suspect the opposite is actually better.

See here: https://www.arkive.org/king-penguin/aptenodytes-patagonicus/image-G57835.html
Right to the ground level, wider, and even though it's black, maybe paint the tip dark grey (to suggest it's further away).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

I don't think that was what Mandle's wicked soh was ranting on about  (laugh)

VampireWombat

I'm a little confused at being shown a link to a king penguin adult when my penguin is an emperor penguin chick. And I'm pretty sure that if I made the tail anything like the image linked that it would be worse for Mandle.
But neither of my images are final. Just quick versions. The second was purely a quick change in hopes to make Mandle less... idunno, embarrassed?
I will most likely completely redo the penguin.

Cassiebsg

Oh, it's a chick!

Well, problem solved then... no tail! Just a huge fluffy furball !(laugh)
https://www.masterfile.com/image/en/700-02670605 ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

That would stop Mandle in his tracks (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 11/06/2018 13:22:19
Is this better?

It is pretty cold down there so... Shrinkage!!!

(And yeah, what Cassie said plus this: maybe you don't need to even show the tail in front view? Do baby penguins have that long a tail?)

VampireWombat

It's difficult for me to properly tell the length of the tail for a baby penguin in front view because pretty much any front view I've found has snow.
But yeah, I probably will remove the tail completely from the front view. I'm going to attempt making it in Blender first. If I can't make an acceptable version by next Monday, then I'll just redo the Inkscape version.

Layabout

Baby penguins drag their butt on the ground, you shouldn't see the penguins 'tail' at all in the front view.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Mandle

Things are heating up! Ironic!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk