MAGS June "Ice" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/06/2018 00:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS June?

Groundhog by Slasher
2 (15.4%)
To the Mountains of Madness by Mandle
0 (0%)
Ice in the Air by Cassiebsg
1 (7.7%)
Comet Collision by VampireWombat
1 (7.7%)
Don't Ice your Cool by Hobo
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Mon 16/07/2018 00:16:44

Stupot

The voting is over and the results have been carefully counted and:

Don't Ice Your Cool by Hobo. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for August.

Thanks to everyone who entered.

Groundhog by Slasher
To the Mountains of Madness by Mandle
Ice in the Air by Cassiebsg
Comet Collision by VampireWombat
Don' Ice your Cool by Hobo

Topic : Ice
This Month's guidelines set by: TGames

With the hot summer months finally upon us, we need something to cool us down.

Ice must be incorporated into your game in any form. Perhaps the setting is an icy tundra. Maybe the player is searching for an icy treat. Maybe a character is made out of ice. The topic is open to be interpreted as you wish and the possibilities are endless, as long as ice is somehow in your game.

There is no restriction on art you can use in this competition. Previously made art assets and public art assets can be used.

Ending:  June 30th

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

? A working download link
? The title of your game
? A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

selmiak

Slasher

I feel a draft coming on......a cool idea is in my mind (laugh)

VampireWombat

Must resist the urge to make a Vanilla Ice adventure game...

CaptainD

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 01/06/2018 14:28:10
Must resist the urge to make a Vanilla Ice adventure game...

DO NOT RESIST!

VampireWombat

Oh sure it may sound like a good idea now. But I'm sure that the Hammerman cartoon sounded like a good idea to someone.

Radiant

What an ice idea. Does this mean that all AGS'ers are now making ice games before they become cool?

TGames

Slasher

Thought it was time I kept my own diary of my progress in MAG competitions.

https://sites.google.com/view/slashersbolg-diary/home

TGames

I've been so anxious to start working on this MAGS. I'v come up with an idea for a game where you have to investigate a Yeti attack in a Nepali village.

Stupot

Okay these puns are getting fridgiculous now.

VampireWombat

For some reason I find myself wondering if rubber bat nipples exist from the chill of puns.

I also wonder if I should go through with the Vanilla Ice adventure game. It could be fun. But I fear that it would be unleashing a horrible monster constructed out of the corpses of cartoons and other media from the late 80s/early 90s.
Is the world ready for a game inspired by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Kidd Video, Hammerman, Captain Planet, Captain N, the Super Mario Super Show, and Saved By The Bell?

Mandle

CaptainD

CherishKuddleMonster

I didn't make it for the other one but I'm going to try to for this one. If I don't make it at least I learned.

:smiley:

Stupot

Quote from: CherishKuddleMonster on Sat 02/06/2018 23:23:13
I didn't make it for the other one but I'm going to try to for this one. If I don't make it at least I learned.

:smiley:
That's what it's all about, CKM :-) Good luck.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 02/06/2018 17:36:38
This MAGS theme is already on the rocks...

The topic is just too polarizing.

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 02/06/2018 23:42:54
Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 02/06/2018 17:36:38
This MAGS theme is already on the rocks...

The topic is just too polarizing.

Well that just about caps it off for today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk