MAGS June "Ice" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/06/2018 00:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS June?

Groundhog by Slasher
2 (15.4%)
To the Mountains of Madness by Mandle
0 (0%)
Ice in the Air by Cassiebsg
1 (7.7%)
Comet Collision by VampireWombat
1 (7.7%)
Don't Ice your Cool by Hobo
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Mon 16/07/2018 00:16:44

Slasher

Groundhog...

Some typos/grammar amended...

VampireWombat

So, my game is going to be changing a bit. I've been struggling with trying to figure out a story. And last night I had the idea to make it sort of Windows 3.1 emulator. How much is included depends on various factors. But I am definitely including an internet client based on Prodigy, Compuserve, and AOL. I'm planning to have email, various ice related stuff, and a few mini games.
If I have the time, I also want to make some Shareware style games.

KyriakosCH

Hm... Excellent topic, so general that it allows for many personal ideas :)

I may try - but i am not sure if i will manage to have something ready...!
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Slasher

Groundhog...

Tweaked...

VampireWombat.. Hope you manage to succeed your entry (nod)

Slasher

Where is everyone?

I was hoping we would get as many entries as last month..(nod)

Still, early days...

VampireWombat

Guess pretty everyone expended their time, energy, and creativity for month.
I know that I'm struggling to get anything done. But I promise I will have something for this month. Even if it's just sending and receiving 1 email and having a rock/paper/scissors minigame...

Mandle

I might have an ice demo at least in the works...

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 21/06/2018 17:17:09
Come on... We need Mandle games (nod)

Do what you can mate ;)

Mandle

Very early testing screenshot, but it does show just a little bit what it might be like for Bill Fisher to arrive in the merry old port of London CIRCA 1920....

Spoiler

[IMGZOOM]http://i67.tinypic.com/28i6sls.png[/IMGZOOM]
[close]

Hobo

I might jump in with a tiny weekend project to add some competition. Finished some EGA assets yesterday and set up the interface and couple of puzzles today. I'll throw in a few animations tomorrow and try to wrap it up. And if I have time during the week, I'll add some additional polish.

[imgzoom]https://imgur.com/DM4wJ4C.png[/imgzoom]

selmiak

I solved that puzzle already :D
Looking great Hobo!

Mandle

A rather ugly screenshot showing a concept GUI where you select your 3 out of 7 possible characters for the game:
Spoiler

[close]

So yeah, the GUI was pretty much made up on the fly to try to fit everything in. It's confusing as hell but shows maybe a bit of the scope I want for this game.

There's no way the game will be ready for this MAGS by the way, only a demo, sorry.

VampireWombat

Eh, demo is better than nothing.

I'm going quantity over quality with mine. I just started the rpg portion of mine on Friday and it's going to be more proof of concept than anything else. And I haven't even started on the email or Alien portions yet...

Slasher

Interesting possible entries guys (nod)

I will sit and hope.....(nod)

Stupot

I thought I posted this yesterday. Maybe forgot to press 'post'.

Basically I'm pre-empting any extension request and giving you an extra 24 hours whether you like it or not. I'm not going to have time to set up the voting and stuff until the next day.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 27/06/2018 00:19:44
Basically I'm pre-empting any extension request and giving you an extra 24 hours whether you like it or not.

Y...y...you MONSTER!!! (laugh)

So, that's until the end of Sunday? (Monday morning here in Japan?)

Stupot

Yeah Monday morning for us.
I work Sunday mornings which is bad enough but it's gonna be extra hard this week because I'm gonna be up late Saturday night.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 27/06/2018 04:53:39
I work Sunday mornings

Dude, how'd you get suckered into that?! A boss once offered me 30,000 yen per day if I would work like 3-4 hours on Sundays and I still turned it down.

Probably wouldn't these days though I suppose. That was back in the 90s when money flowed like the Arakawa if you were a gaijin in Japan.

I'm guessing the late Saturday night has something to do with a certain Cup? (laugh)

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 21/06/2018 17:17:09

A nice demo you say?

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk