Sketches.

Started by danman23, Sun 03/06/2018 04:55:41

Previous topic - Next topic

danman23

Me vs girlfriend. She is the talented one :P .  Painted sketches. Let me know what you guys think.

Cassiebsg

Uhm, not sure about the first one, seems to have a lot of mixed technics but doesn't know what it wants to convey.

Love the second one though. Onlu think that I find enerving/unsettling is that fact that the rock doesn't seem to be there... it's like someone just placed it it visialy but has no affect on the water... maybe it's levitating so much that the shadow is would cast on the water is out of the picture... (roll)
My suggestion would be to work on the connection of the rock with the water. If it's rising from bellow, then there should be a darker shadow underneath it going into the depth of the sea and some water breaking on the rocks. If it's levitating it should at least cast a shadow on the water. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

ManicMatt

Oooh I thought it was one big image, I couldn't understand what was going on or why it got better further down!

For the first image, it looks rushed and um, it's bright and colourful. I think it would help to look at actual landscape photos for reference. This looks like you just tried to conjure it up in your head and this is the result. I don't want to discourage you though, keep at it and look up tutorials, and you'll improve over time. Talent is debatedly a factor, but just having raw talent doesn't make you instantly good at drawing or whatever. The field here looks like a steep climb up, like part of the mountain. The tree looks like a stick haha. Sorry!

The second one is yes, much better. I agree with Cassie about the disconnect with the water. Although with the sort of style you have here, I personally would go with a sort of frothy ring around the rock on the water. The water itself looks like I can see broad strokes of the brush which look somewhat rushed. Maybe try and blend those in better?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk