Author Topic: My Burden to Keep - An Interactive Short Story  (Read 485 times)

RiotEsper

• You spoony bard!
My Burden to Keep - An Interactive Short Story
« on: 03 Jun 2018, 19:09 »

Game (soundtrack included!) available now for $3.90 on itch.io. Click the logo above!

STORY
It is May 3rd, 1941.
Just as the sun peeks over the horizon on that cold spring morning, a harrowing report comes in to the sheriff's department. The mayor has been murdered in his home.

Solve the murder/Clear your father's name. Two wills struggle on separate paths towards the same goal, to find out what really happened. Who killed mayor James Scott?

Play as detective Francis Dale and as the murder suspect's son Gabriel Heinrich in this short point and click adventure game. Featuring rich, detailed pixel artwork and animation and an old-school inspired soundtrack, with a few modern design conveniences. (No incessant saving-dying-loading!)

RELEASE TRAILER

SCREENSHOTS

Finally releasing a game (not counting a MAGS entry I posted with my old account many, many years ago) feels really strange. In a good way!
It's been a long journey to get here, with many smaller school projects and cancelled fan-games along the way, since back in my pre-teen years. :D

Huge thanks to everyone who's stopping by. I couldn't have mustered the energy to pick this project back up again if not for all the cool AGS projects that are already out there in the wild. Keep making amazing/intriguing/hilarious games, everyone! :)

Re: My Burden to Keep - An Interactive Short Story
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2018, 20:54 »
I must remember how slow it can be on the AGS forums when I post my in progress game up! I'm commenting because this game looks like it deserves some attention! Good use of lighting, lovely graphics, and congratulations on releasing your game! ;-D

« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun 2018, 20:12 »
Very nicely done game...I completed it in about 30 minutes or so.  I had to play the ending again, just to see if I could get a different outcome...;)

I loved the graphics—very nice.  I almost always download anything with these kind of high-end pixelated graphics, and the storyline was good too.  All in all, a neat little game.  I didn’t realize you’d been working on it for so long—-good job finishing it!

Hope there will be more to come someday from you...

Sarah  :)

RiotEsper

• You spoony bard!
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 2018, 20:28 »
I must remember how slow it can be on the AGS forums when I post my in progress game up! I'm commenting because this game looks like it deserves some attention! Good use of lighting, lovely graphics, and congratulations on releasing your game! ;-D
Thanks a lot for the comment, ManicMatt! Much appreciated. ;-D

Very nicely done game...I completed it in about 30 minutes or so.  I had to play the ending again, just to see if I could get a different outcome...;)

I loved the graphics—very nice.  I almost always download anything with these kind of high-end pixelated graphics, and the storyline was good too.  All in all, a neat little game.  I didn’t realize you’d been working on it for so long—-good job finishing it!

Hope there will be more to come someday from you...

Sarah  :)
Thanks so much for checking out the game, Sarah! Really happy to hear that you enjoyed it. :)
Having finally finished MBTK has made me want to get started on another adventure game, but we'll have to wait and see what's next. So many ideas, too little time! ;-D

KyriakosCH

• Alien spiral maker
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2018, 08:27 »
Looks VERY cool!

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #5 on: 08 Jun 2018, 15:32 »
Can't wait to get a bit of time to play this!!!

RiotEsper

• You spoony bard!
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2018, 19:44 »
Looks VERY cool!
Can't wait to get a bit of time to play this!!!
Thanks a lot for the comments! It means a lot. ;-D