Kiddens - Mittens with Kids

Started by cat, Thu 21/06/2018 11:40:51

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Hi there!

A few days ago we visited abstauber and his family on our way back from our summer vacation. It was great to meet again, get to know his kids and talk about AGS, games and nerdy stuff ;-D Our kids also enjoyed it a lot.
We also talked about that it would be great to meet other AGSers with kids, especially veteran Mitteneers that can't attend Mittens now because they have kids.

Who would be interested in attending a Mittens with kids?

CaptainD

I love the idea, it's going to be some years before I could afford it though.  Hope others are in a better financial state and that you can meet up with some of them! :)

KyriakosCH

Well, here are some kids with cats, though probably not quite what you meant? :=

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

tzachs

noavana

abstauber

Me and Christina are of course interested as well. We had a great time hosting cat and her family! To be honest it almost felt like a tiny real mittens including "show and tell", geek talk and all the positive atmosphere.

@CaptainD: I just bought your game and once hopefully more people will do it you'll join us in no time :-D
But I actually bought it since cat highly recommended it to me.

CaptainD

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 21/06/2018 21:41:57
@CaptainD: I just bought your game and once hopefully more people will do it you'll join us in no time :-D
But I actually bought it since cat highly recommended it to me.

My thanks to both of you!  Sales aren't enough yet to think of a trip but maybe a couple of beers in your honour 8-)

milkanannan

Hello! I would also be interested in this.

cat

My boss asked me about my vacation plans today. So I thought I'd dig this thread up again.

Who is still interested?
When do you have time?
How far are you willing to travel?

milkanannan

I'd be good to meet during my vacation in July, but we would need something drivable from Ottawa, Canada.  :embarrassed: Were you thinking Canada/US? Europe somewhere? I never attended a Mittens, but always wanted to give it a go!

AGA

Quote from: manifest class on Mon 21/01/2019 15:41:08
I'd be good to meet during my vacation in July, but we would need something drivable from Ottawa, Canada.  :embarrassed: Were you thinking Canada/US? Europe somewhere? I never attended a Mittens, but always wanted to give it a go!

'Grown up' Mittens is likely to be Australia this year. This thread is about a more family friendly spin off.

cat

For me, it would definitely be Europe.

milkanannan

Quote from: AGA on Mon 21/01/2019 16:47:43
Quote from: manifest class on Mon 21/01/2019 15:41:08

'Grown up' Mittens is likely to be Australia this year. This thread is about a more family friendly spin off.

That's what I meant. I would be going with my wife and son.

tzachs

We're still interested. We can do Europe, either in the beginning or end of August (we'll be in Israel mid august).

cat

Great! The beginning or last week of August would work for us.

abstauber

Aww.. we used up all our vaction to spend a month in Finland. From the mid of June to the mid of July we're could meet theoretically somewhere in Finland (preferably Lapland).

But maybe we could join for an extended Weekend in late August, as long as it is nearby.

tzachs

We were thinking of an extended weekend in late august in Berlin. Does that work for you guys?

cat

An extended weekend in Germany would work for us, but we don't really want to do Berlin sight-seeing with a kid. We'd prefer a place like we had during Mittens Berlin.

Creamy

Deleted.

cat

So, what about a late August weekend?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk