Help with The Clockwork Labyrinth

Started by elentgirl, Sat 30/06/2018 22:04:34

Previous topic - Next topic

elentgirl

Quote from: dbuske on Sat 30/06/2018 16:38:51
I am stuck on finding the way to find the ticket

Spoiler
If you look at the ticket machine, you will be told what you need.  If you look around you will find what you need, but you may need to find something else to access it.  Everything is there in that one location.
[close]

Good luck
Elen

Shadow1000

I'm glad you started this thread!

I'm completely stuck right at the beginning
Spoiler
I'm at the fuse box for the elevator. I see a bunch of fuses and a message about the positive connection and negative connection requiring a certain number of red and blue. There is also a tester on the bottom right that will light up a left or right light when of of those items are plugged in. As far as the red and blue, I see some wires that are red and blue and some vertical bars holding fuses that are red and blue. The hint of "including" a red and blue probably refers to one of the above.
[close]

I am not sure what to even ask because I don't see any objective for this puzzle about 45 minutes other than the obvious
Spoiler
complete the circuit
[close]

Thank you

Sinitrena

@Shadow1000

Spoiler
The colour of the cables is irrelavant. You're interested in the vertical bars.
[close]

Spoiler
Tester: Green means it works, red means it doesn't.
[close]

Spoiler
Not all cables lead somewhere useful. Some built a circle.
[close]

Spoiler
Ignore those / Use them to get rid of the fuses that do not work.
[close]

Was that useful? I'm never sure how to give good tips without spoiling the puzzle.

I have a question myself. I'm slightly further, basically in the area following the elevator:

Spoiler
What can I do with the four playing card things? I can open the card slot and circle through the cards but there are a couple of buttons that do not work, no matter what I do. I think I have to do something somewhere else in the labyrinth, but where and what? Maybe I'm just not ready for this puzzle yet.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sun 01/07/2018 06:31:19
@Shadow1000

Spoiler
The colour of the cables is irrelavant. You're interested in the vertical bars.
[close]

Spoiler
Tester: Green means it works, red means it doesn't.
[close]

Spoiler
Not all cables lead somewhere useful. Some built a circle.
[close]

Spoiler
Ignore those / Use them to get rid of the fuses that do not work.
[close]

Was that useful? I'm never sure how to give good tips without spoiling the puzzle.

I really appreciate that! I would never have guessed that on my own.
Spoiler
which one is green and which one is red? I cannot tell the difference visually
[close]

Sinitrena

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 01/07/2018 06:45:53

I really appreciate that! I would never have guessed that on my own.
Spoiler
which one is green and which one is red? I cannot tell the difference visually
[close]

Spoiler
Left is red - doesn't work; Right is green - does work.
[close]

elentgirl

Re the electric box for the elevator:
Spoiler

To operate the elevator requiress a positive and a negative circuit with active transistors. The first task is to trace the correct circuits. There is only one positive circuit (red wires) that passes through both the Rectifiers (blue tops - left of centre) and the Resistors (red tops - right of centre). There is also only one negative circuit (black and blue wires) that passes twice through the Rectifiers. Once you have traced these two circuits, you need to remove and test each transtor on these cicuits in turn and return it if it is active (green light), or change it for another one if it is dead (red light).
[close]

Regarding the playing card puzzle:
The  Clockwork Labyrinth is generally non-linear in design.  You  can explore the game's environment and tackle the puzzles in any order you wish.  There are a few that must be solved before you can access certain new areas of the game, but generally, seeking a clue to a difficult puzzle elsewhere in the game is more productive than blind perseverance.  Clues to a puzzle in one part of the game can often be found in another location.
Spoiler

This is certainly true of the playing card puzzle, and if you don't eventually figure it out, there is a solution included later in the game!
[close]

Good luck
Elen

Cassiebsg

Uhm... actually Shadow1000 is color blind... we're so used to red=wrong and green=right that we forget about color blind people. :-[ Sorry, my fault here.

@elentgirl : Maybe do a little game update and add a wrong/right sound to the tester? Or just remove the red color, so if it's wrong it just won't light?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

dbuske

Still stuck trying to find either the key, coins, and ???
Maybe I should try to get into full screen to see something small?
Found the key, never thought to look there.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 01/07/2018 08:08:01
Re the electric box for the elevator:
Spoiler

To operate the elevator requiress a positive and a negative circuit with active transistors. The first task is to trace the correct circuits. There is only one positive circuit (red wires) that passes through both the Rectifiers (blue tops - left of centre) and the Resistors (red tops - right of centre). There is also only one negative circuit (black and blue wires) that passes twice through the Rectifiers. Once you have traced these two circuits, you need to remove and test each transtor on these cicuits in turn and return it if it is active (green light), or change it for another one if it is dead (red light).
[close]

I am still completely clued out here.
Spoiler
I don't know what you mean when you say "circuit". Do you mean from positive to negative passing through the vertical bars in middle? Most of the wire paths are difficult or impossible to follow because at some point they just get lost or "buried".
[close]

And before I put more time into this game, are there other puzzles that assume that the player can tell colours apart and know what different colours represent?

Thank you

elentgirl

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 01/07/2018 14:36:54
Spoiler
I don't know what you mean when you say "circuit". Do you mean from positive to negative passing through the vertical bars in middle? Most of the wire paths are difficult or impossible to follow because at some point they just get lost or "buried".
[close]
Spoiler

I agree that tracing the two circuits is more difficult when you remove the colours of the wires.  I am sending you a keyed up screenshot to help you work it out.
[close]

Cassiebsg

@eletgirl I have done that already. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 01/07/2018 21:30:11
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 01/07/2018 14:36:54
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler

I agree that tracing the two circuits is more difficult when you remove the colours of the wires.  I am sending you a keyed up screenshot to help you work it out.
[close]

As Cassie said, she's already sent me a complete solution and I've progressed.

Thank you

Sinitrena

Okay, I figured the playing card thing out. I'm stupid, had the right idea, misclicked and then thought I had the wrong idea. (roll)

Anyway, I have very little left to do, so I think I'm getting close to the end but I'm stuck now at all of them.

Shangri-La:
Spoiler
I got the right order for the symbols and the character said there was a click or something inside the box. Now I can't do anything with it, but I didn't notice it doing anything for me either. Have I solved this puzzle or not?
[close]

St. George:
Spoiler
He always dies. I assume the right combination of sword and shield let's George win, but I found no hint for what this combination would be.
[close]

Gnome Garden:
Spoiler
Drawing a complete blank.
[close]

Ornate Frames:
Spoiler
Found four (coin, key, ring, bell) and I think I tried activating them in all possible orders. Am I missing something?
[close]

Others:
Spoiler
I also found the entrance to Marisandra's grave but can't open it. I think I'm not supposed to yet. And the second control panel for the revolving door. I don't think I have found the combination yet.
[close]

In my inventory I have:
Spoiler
Three pages from the professor's journal, a teleporting devise, a little bit of money and a lamp. I've used the holy symbols, the star turn crystals, a crystal for the Shangri-La photos, key, bell, coin and diamond ring in the ornate frames, scarabeus and two "wings" and I think that's all I ever had in my inventory. Am I missing something?
[close]

A hint for any one of them would be nice - but preferably not for all of them. I want to figure out as much  as possible on my own.

elentgirl

Hello Sinitrena

You are doing very well, but still have a bit more to do.

Quote from: Sinitrena on Mon 02/07/2018 21:36:09
Shangri-La:
Spoiler
I got the right order for the symbols and the character said there was a click or something inside the box. Now I can't do anything with it, but I didn't notice it doing anything for me either. Have I solved this puzzle or not?
[close]
Spoiler
The click you heard was a locking mechanism undoing.
[close]

St. George:
Spoiler
He always dies. I assume the right combination of sword and shield let's George win, but I found no hint for what this combination would be.
[close]
Clues to more than one of the puzzles you are stuck on you have almost certainly seen in your exploration of the Metal Maze. You can check...
Spoiler
by looking at the pirate's map.  One of the clues for the St George puzzle you have not yet found.
[close]

Gnome Garden:
Spoiler
Drawing a complete blank.
[close]
Spoiler
You are looking for clues to an order for five coloured flowers.
[close]

Ornate Frames:
Spoiler
Found four (coin, key, ring, bell) and I think I tried activating them in all possible orders. Am I missing something?
[close]
Yes, you are still missing something.

You still have a few places in the labyrinth to visit and a few more things to find.  If you need any more definite hints, let me know.
Good luck
Elen

Sinitrena

Shangri-La:
Spoiler
Please tell me what got unlocked - the box or something else? - because I can't do anything else with the box, even though I can still open the close-up of it. I'm confused. It feels like I should be able to open the box but I can't.
[close]

Solved the Garden Gnome :-D

elentgirl

Hello Sinitrena

Quote from: Sinitrena on Tue 03/07/2018 00:06:47
Shangri-La:
Spoiler
Please tell me what got unlocked - the box or something else? - because I can't do anything else with the box, even though I can still open the close-up of it. I'm confused. It feels like I should be able to open the box but I can't.
[close]
I'm sorry you are having trouble with this.  I hope you haven't found an obscure bug! ???
Spoiler
Once you have unlocked the private box, if you click on the lid in close-up view, it should open.  Please let me know if it doesn't and I will investigate.
[close]

Good luck
Elen

Sinitrena

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 03/07/2018 09:55:54

I'm sorry you are having trouble with this.  I hope you haven't found an obscure bug! ???

I have, unfortunately. I loaded an older safe and tried it again. Now it worked. I guess I'll have to redo a couple things. Luckily, I have extensive notes.

elentgirl

Quote from: Sinitrena on Tue 03/07/2018 10:43:01
Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 03/07/2018 09:55:54

I have, unfortunately. I loaded an older safe and tried it again. Now it worked. I guess I'll have to redo a couple things. Luckily, I have extensive notes.

I'm pleased that you have managed to get past the point where you were stuck, but I'm concerned about why it would not work.  I don't suppose you can identify anything that you did differently on the two occasions, when it worked and when it didn't.  It's not something the testers found and it's never happeend when I've played through the game.  I'd like to idebtify why it happened to you.

Many thanks,
Elen

Uziel

Love the game. Solved everything so far in the Metal Maze, except for:
Pipe puzzle - I'm sure it's easy. I've spent so long spinning these around. Can't ever seem to connect the pipes to all the outlets at once... Aaargh. Because I can't do this puzzle, pretty sure I can't enter Caves, Crypt & Museum as there's no pressure.
Card game - 4 of them. Referred to info board to see which "deck" for each one. Tried a number of things... got nada.
Lock - inserted key. Says I need to do one more thing... err?

Sinitrena

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 04/07/2018 10:48:40
Pipe puzzle - I'm sure it's easy. I've spent so long spinning these around. Can't ever seem to connect the pipes to all the outlets at once... Aaargh. Because I can't do this puzzle, pretty sure I can't enter Caves, Crypt & Museum as there's no pressure.

Spoiler
Three door, three (coloured) pipes to conect. Who needs to conect them all?
[close]

QuoteCard game - 4 of them. Referred to info board to see which "deck" for each one. Tried a number of things... got nada.

You're on the right way.

QuoteLock - inserted key. Says I need to do one more thing... err?

You need something else - somewhere else...

Stuck, again.

Skulls:
Spoiler
I used the second panel of the revolving door, locking me in this part of the labyrinth. The next lock obviously requires a combination from the skulls behind the chalice puzzle (which I solved, and put the chalice in the last ornate frame) but it feels like I tried every halfway logical combination from it. I tried adding them up, subtracting, multiplying, using the lower numbers as positions and the higher ones as the combination, and vice versa - and a lot of other things that seem not logical enough for a puzzle limited to such a small space. After all, there can't be a hint anywhere else - correct? -because I can't go back there. Are there really roman numerals on the skulls or is it something else? Am I supposed to do anything with the skulls except getting a close-up (can't click them)? This feels like it should be easier than I make it.
[close]

Still stuck on St. George.
Spoiler
I can't go back, but I don't think I've seen any new hint for it. I did see the Information tablet for it in the Metal Maze but that's all. Still no idea.
[close]

I know what to do with the ornate frames but before
Spoiler
I solve the skull puzzle, I can't go back.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk