Help with The Clockwork Labyrinth

Started by elentgirl, Sat 30/06/2018 22:04:34

Previous topic - Next topic

elentgirl

Hello Sinitrena
Quote from: Sinitrena on Wed 04/07/2018 13:41:12
Skulls:
Spoiler
The next lock obviously requires a combination from the skulls behind the chalice puzzle. Are there really roman numerals on the skulls or is it something else? Am I supposed to do anything with the skulls except getting a close-up (can't click them)? This feels like it should be easier than I make it.
[close]
Spoiler
They are Roman numerals on the skulls.  If you look carefully, you will see that there is also something else different about each skull, which might remind you of the border pattern around the turning gate control!
[close]

Quote from: Sinitrena on Wed 04/07/2018 13:41:12
Still stuck on St. George.
Spoiler
I did see the Information tablet for it in the Metal Maze but that's all. Still no idea.
[close]
Spoiler
Was there nothing about the figure on the Information panel that might link with one of the sword names? The other clue you need you can only find after you have solved the turning gate skulls puzzle
[close]

You are nearly there now - keep going!
Good luck,
Elen

Wiggy

For Uziel;

You don't need to connect all the pipes.
Spoiler
Connect one, then use that system. Once that door is open connect another. You are only trying to plumb steam from the left outlet to the upper systems identified by the colour on the outside of the tank.
[close]

I hope that helps.

Wiggy

I need a spoiler.
Spoiler
I am in the Caves of Confusion in the central room. I have 3 pages of Maximus' notes, and 6 sacred objects. From the notes I know that the feather follows the sun which is probably number 1, and the doll follows the cup with the monkey on it. This leaves the bear teeth either before or after the cup, with the possibility of the skull taking any of the 6 positions available (from the notes). I swear I have tried every possible combination to no avail.
[close]

Please help!

elentgirl

Quote from: Wiggy on Fri 06/07/2018 05:00:06
I need a spoiler.
Spoiler
I am in the Caves of Confusion in the central room. I have 3 pages of Maximus' notes, and 6 sacred objects. From the notes I know that the feather follows the sun which is probably number 1, and the doll follows the cup with the monkey on it. This leaves the bear teeth either before or after the cup, with the possibility of the skull taking any of the 6 positions available (from the notes). I swear I have tried every possible combination to no avail.
[close]

Spoiler
There are still two more clues to find that will help you work out the correct sequence.
[close]
Many of the puzzles in the Clockwork Labyrinth cannot easily be solved when you first meet them.  As you explore more, a bigger picture emerges and clues are gathered from various places to give you the solution.  I recommend that you leave this one for now and continue exploring.

Good luck,
Elen

Wiggy

Okay, I've left that puzzle. Can anyone help with:
Spoiler
The Egyptian rooms? I've found 3, one each in the metal maze, caves and crypt. I assume that I need the scarab and wings to unlock the museum. In all my wanderings I have not found any heiroglyphs apart from these rooms. There must be a clue somewhere, but I can't see it.
[close]
I'm tearing my hair out over this.

EDIT: Solved! I've got to be more observant.

Wiggy

Great progress has been made, but I am stumped, bamboozled and stuck on this:
Spoiler

I kind of get the impression that I have to fix the projector to solve Shangri-La, which will open the tomb, which will lead to other progress. I have nothing in my inventory to use. (Items I have are the 4 notebook pages, torch and teleport device.) The pirate's map shows I've picked up all treasures from the Metal Maze. I cannot get further into the Cryptic Crypt, and I've solved the Caves of Confusion. I've gone all over the game board back to the elevator, finding nothing new.
[close]
Any ideas anyone?
Love the game!

Cassiebsg

Actually I found that item quite by accident even before I knew I needed it... (roll)
Spoiler

There's a puzzle in the metal maze, with the horoscope/zodiac drawn in the back. (maybe the one with the fortune teller?).
If you have found it but are still stuck:
Spoiler

You need to get one of the crystals that is encrusted on the wall... just click each until you find one that is lose.
[close]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Wiggy

Thanks Cassie,

I had a feeling that room was important - I just couldn't find a hotspot. Trying again!

elentgirl

Quote from: Wiggy on Sun 08/07/2018 06:43:04
Spoiler
I kind of get the impression that I have to fix the projector to solve Shangri-La, which will open the tomb, which will lead to other progress. I have nothing in my inventory to use. (Items I have are the 4 notebook pages, torch and teleport device.) The pirate's map shows I've picked up all treasures from the Metal Maze.
[close]
Thank you, Wiggy for your enquiry. 
Spoiler
Cassiebsg has already given you a hint/solution, but you alerted me to the fact that there was an error in the pirate's map - it should have shown a treasure not found.  It turned out to be a mis-placed flag viarable.  I am very sorry for this slip-up. :-[
[close]
Good luck with the rest of the game,
Elen

Cassiebsg

Yeah, I never got to test that map, since by the time I got there I had already found everything... (roll)

Wiggy

Thanks for everything, but even now I can't finish that puzzle. I see the 5 things I need, press the buttons in the order it was presented and - nothing. Tried reverse order, all permutations and still nothing. I'm thinking of restarting and deleting my saved games, I don't believe this puzzle is quite "bug free", and hence the game is not so "non-linear" as you would desire. Fortunately I have over 60 pages of notes (!!!!) so it won't take too long; if that doesn't work I'll just give up. Thanks anyway.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... this puzzle isn't about going back. (wrong)
Can be solved on the spot as far as I remember. But also took me a long while to get the "right" elemets in the "right" order...
Spoiler

You need to pay good attention to the pictures, and note the order at which element shows up.
Remember, it's 5 images you are searching for, in the order they are shown... It's a bit tricky, yes.

I also at one point thought that maybe there was more to it... but it turned out it was just me miss interpreting an image or two.
To help solve it, I paused the game at each slide (I was playing windowed mode, so I just clicked outside the window). I had drawn the box images... but I think taking a screenshot of it might be more helpful (which I also did)...
[close]

Wiggy

Thanks again Cassiebsg, but it's not working.
I can see all 5 symbols, and the box will not open. I tried the windowed mode, screen print, open in photopaint, enlarge etc.
Imagine the box being 2 lines of 5 symbols:
1   2   3   4   5
6   7   8   9   10
I have entered all 5 symbols as presented, and no-go. Can you give me a spoiler as to which numbers worked for you? Actually it's not a "spoiler", as all enjoyment I've had from this game has evaporated. They talk about the 7 stages of grief from denial to acceptance - well I've discovered the 7 stages of adventure gaming: Amusement, consternation, frustration, annoyance, aggrievance, despair and resignation. I am well into the latter stages.

elentgirl

Quote from: Wiggy on Sun 08/07/2018 22:24:55
Imagine the box being 2 lines of 5 symbols:
1   2   3   4   5
6   7   8   9   10
I have entered all 5 symbols as presented, and no-go.
To open the private box:
Spoiler
Press five buttons in this order: 9,1,3,7,5. You should hear a noise and get a message: "Something clicked inside the box".  If you then click on the box lid, it should open.
[close]
If none of the above happens, return from close-up view, then go into close up again and click on the lid. Do you get a message about the lid being locked? If not, something has gone wrong, which I will try to sort out for you.
Good luck,
Elen

Wiggy

Thanks so much Elentgirl - I can now progress, but there is a problem. I'll spoiler tag it:
Spoiler

I have tried that combination before, and it didn't work so I tried something else. After you gave me the solution (which must work - it didn't. So I tried it again and second time lucky. I did not mis-click, it really took 2 attempts.
[close]
Back loving the game, but I'm sure there's a bug lurking in there. Once I was successful, it all happened just as you said it would.

elentgirl

Hello Wiggy
Quote from: Wiggy on Mon 09/07/2018 07:39:19
Back loving the game, but I'm sure there's a bug lurking in there. Once I was successful, it all happened just as you said it would.
I'm pleased that you have managed to progress.  I think that you might have hit an obscure bug that another player found a few days ago - unfortunately one that slipped past the testers.  If you press all the right buttons but leave the close-up view before clickling on the lid, when you go back into close-up view, it no longer responds to clicks.  This will be fixed in the next version of the game, but if you hit it in the current version, you need to reload before trying the box and make sure you complete the process before you leave close-up view.  I'm sorry for all the confusion and frustration this one little bug has caused!
Good luck,
Elen

Wiggy

Hi Elen,

Finished! I tell you that 2nd to last puzzle (the picture frame) was diabolical!!! Great game, but I don't think you fully comprehend the bug in "Shangri-La", and it is dependant upon when you do it. E.g. I did a "run through" from the beginning and attacked that puzzle ASAP- knowing the answer. It worked like a charm, exactly as you intended. I reloaded my savegame where I had troubles, and Bingo - solution don't work unless you run through it twice. All buttons were clickable, but the puzzle had to be done twice. Would you like me to send you my savegame so you can try it yourself?

Anyway awesome effort, congrats and thanx, Wiggy.

dbuske

I feel the game goes from one over tough puzzle to another. I feel you went to far in toughness.
For this game a walkthrough is necessary!!!
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Mandle

Quote from: dbuske on Sat 18/08/2018 11:52:53
I feel the game goes from one over tough puzzle to another. I feel you went to far in toughness.
For this game a walkthrough is necessary!!!

I found a few puzzles to be really tough, but never felt that any were unfair except for one I pointed out during playtesting for which a further clue was provided.

Some parts got frustrating but never to the point where I just wanted to give up.

And if you need a walkthrough, then just use one. No shame in that.

elentgirl

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 19/08/2018 11:51:26
And if you need a walkthrough, then just use one. No shame in that.

Unfortunately I am not aware of anyone having written a walkthrough for The Clockwork Labyrinth.  I have been toying with the idea of maybe writing a User Guide, with hints and solutions, rather like the one I made for Adventure Island.  The problem is that the most of the game can be played in any sequence, so a traditional walkthrough would not be suitable.  I did hope that I might have provided sufficent clues for a walkthrough to be unnecessary, and I have included solutions to a few of the harder puzzles in the Museum of Curiosities.

I also try to answer personally any cries for help on individual puzzles.  If you send me a PM I will always answer it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk