Author Topic: MAGS July “Shocking” (OPEN)  (Read 723 times)

Jojo_the_monkey

• Pick up Jojo
Re: MAGS July “Shocking” (OPEN)
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jul 2018, 12:59 »
Hi there!! If you need some audio for this month mags game, please let me know. If you have already a story or some art, it will be perfect for getting some inspiration. Thanx!!! :)
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

VampireWombat

• Not a chupacabra
    • I can help with animation
    •  
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
    • I can help with characters
    •  
« Reply #21 on: 12 Jul 2018, 13:27 »
As much as I'd love to have original music for my game, I fear I'm just not far enough into it. Since Loom is one of the major influences for what I'm planning to do, I'll probably end up using some sort of classical music.
Saturday will probably be the soonest I'll even have anything more than a vague storyline.

Stupot

• I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jul 2018, 10:56 »
How’s things going?
Any secret entries?

Jojo_the_monkey

• Pick up Jojo
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jul 2018, 16:36 »
Classical music is not my comfort zone; but that would be a challenge, especially for a mags game! I will follow the topic for updates.
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

VampireWombat

• Not a chupacabra
    • I can help with animation
    •  
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
    • I can help with characters
    •  
« Reply #24 on: 14 Jul 2018, 16:53 »
Actually, classical music was just an idea because it's something easily found and Loom used a variation of Swan Lake.

But thinking some, I do kind of have an idea for music that could be useful. Something that conveys a feeling of isolation, specifically being isolated underground.

Buckethead

• No m8...
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 09:05 »
I'm working on an entry as well:

I have one puzzle that is finished right now. Still need to do a few more. Also everything is very bare right now, no reactions or hints yet when you look at something. So still a lot to do, but I should have a game with a beginning and an end before the month is over.

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
    • Cassiebsg worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 12:45 »
That looks awesome Buckethead. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 14:26 »

It's so pretty I actually thought I was in the Guess The Game thread by accident.

Buckethead

• No m8...
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 14:40 »

It's so pretty I actually thought I was in the Guess The Game thread by accident.

Wow that's quite the compliment. I hope you will enjoy playing the game also.

« Reply #29 on: Today at 07:50 »
How’s things going?
Any secret entries?
i was cooking something up, got most of the code finished (though not entirely tested) and i was about to do proper graphics (or ask for help :wink:) when it hit me - i am partly using an idea i had for last months MAGS that i did not enter due to lack of time so that would be basically cheating.

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #30 on: Today at 13:00 »
i was cooking something up, got most of the code finished (though not entirely tested) and i was about to do proper graphics (or ask for help :wink:) when it hit me - i am partly using an idea i had for last months MAGS that i did not enter due to lack of time so that would be basically cheating.

Wait, was it just an idea or had you actually created assets for it last month that you were using this month?

The former is fine but, yeah, the latter might not be okay.

« Reply #31 on: Today at 14:19 »
no assets, no code, just a plot idea that had its ending. this month i thought of extending it a bit:
Add spoiler tag for Hidden:
ice is expanding from a certain part of a universe and the goal was to get from one planet to another where the cannon is located and fire it to melt the ice.
this month i thought about an extension that the cannon needs some power core to make it work - finding it is the current goal (the game starts with us already standing next to the cannon).

« Reply #32 on: Today at 15:22 »
no assets, no code, just a plot idea that had its ending. this month i thought of extending it a bit:
I think it's perfectly fine if you enter with that. The rules even allow pre-made assets, who cares about a few ideas or plotlines.