MAGS July “Shocking” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/07/2018 00:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS July?

Stories of the unexpected: 'Until further notice'
1 (5.6%)
The Lightning Spell
4 (22.2%)
Welcome to Nod River
2 (11.1%)
The Shaft
10 (55.6%)
Pizza Calls
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: Thu 16/08/2018 00:10:17

Jojo_the_monkey

Hi there!! If you need some audio for this month mags game, please let me know. If you have already a story or some art, it will be perfect for getting some inspiration. Thanx!!! :)
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

VampireWombat

As much as I'd love to have original music for my game, I fear I'm just not far enough into it. Since Loom is one of the major influences for what I'm planning to do, I'll probably end up using some sort of classical music.
Saturday will probably be the soonest I'll even have anything more than a vague storyline.

Stupot

How's things going?
Any secret entries?

Jojo_the_monkey

Classical music is not my comfort zone; but that would be a challenge, especially for a mags game! I will follow the topic for updates.
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

VampireWombat

Actually, classical music was just an idea because it's something easily found and Loom used a variation of Swan Lake.

But thinking some, I do kind of have an idea for music that could be useful. Something that conveys a feeling of isolation, specifically being isolated underground.

Buckethead

I'm working on an entry as well:

I have one puzzle that is finished right now. Still need to do a few more. Also everything is very bare right now, no reactions or hints yet when you look at something. So still a lot to do, but I should have a game with a beginning and an end before the month is over.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 15/07/2018 12:45:37
That looks awesome Buckethead. (nod)

It's so pretty I actually thought I was in the Guess The Game thread by accident.

Buckethead

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 15/07/2018 14:26:33
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 15/07/2018 12:45:37
That looks awesome Buckethead. (nod)

It's so pretty I actually thought I was in the Guess The Game thread by accident.

Wow that's quite the compliment. I hope you will enjoy playing the game also.

slumber

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 14/07/2018 10:56:09
How's things going?
Any secret entries?
i was cooking something up, got most of the code finished (though not entirely tested) and i was about to do proper graphics (or ask for help :wink:) when it hit me - i am partly using an idea i had for last months MAGS that i did not enter due to lack of time so that would be basically cheating.

Mandle

Quote from: slumber on Mon 16/07/2018 07:50:19
i was cooking something up, got most of the code finished (though not entirely tested) and i was about to do proper graphics (or ask for help :wink:) when it hit me - i am partly using an idea i had for last months MAGS that i did not enter due to lack of time so that would be basically cheating.

Wait, was it just an idea or had you actually created assets for it last month that you were using this month?

The former is fine but, yeah, the latter might not be okay.

slumber

no assets, no code, just a plot idea that had its ending. this month i thought of extending it a bit:
Spoiler
ice is expanding from a certain part of a universe and the goal was to get from one planet to another where the cannon is located and fire it to melt the ice.
this month i thought about an extension that the cannon needs some power core to make it work - finding it is the current goal (the game starts with us already standing next to the cannon).
[close]

Hobo

Quote from: slumber on Mon 16/07/2018 14:19:26
no assets, no code, just a plot idea that had its ending. this month i thought of extending it a bit:
I think it's perfectly fine if you enter with that. The rules even allow pre-made assets, who cares about a few ideas or plotlines.

Slasher

I'm back from Holiday. Well, if you can call it that.

My brother and I took my father to Great Yarmouth for 7 days.

My father is 90 and has dementia.

If you have ever lived with a person with dementia you will know how it went.

Anyhow, back to normal and on with the game (nod)

Retro Wolf

With Kweepa's module I've created an electric fence on a procedurally generated desert.
This is actually the same AGS room reloaded, you can walk forever in either direction and it will always be the same when you come back. How I'm going to put that into something that's fun to play I haven't decided yet. The more pieces and rules I add the more interesting and diverse the backgrounds become.

[imgzoom]http://s20.postimg.cc/o2a9ikljh/sand2.gif[/imgzoom]

If I don't finish I will at the very least release the secret technology!
I could see this being useful in a King's Quest like RPG game that's designed to simulate a long journey. You'd still have hand crafted rooms such as castles and pubs, but if you wanted a large forest or desert in-between these locations for random encounters and levelling up.

@Slasher: Sorry to hear that mate.

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 17/07/2018 12:18:30
If you have ever lived with a person with dementia you will know how it went.

I haven't lived with one, but my father had dementia in his last years and I saw the effects of it on my mother and her lifestyle.

If it's not too painful for you or if you could use it as a way to deal with such feelings: The experience could make for an amazing "game"...

Cassiebsg

Uhm... I wasn't planing to enter... but I just now thought I could do "Shock in the Air"... (roll) (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

You should do it. Make the clown neighbor fly a kite and get electrocuted or something.

slumber

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Tue 17/07/2018 12:31:42

this is amazing! to a noob to AGS like me it seems like rocket science :shocked:

KyriakosCH

Hm, can the game be shocking in a metaphorical sense? (eg very violent, etc)
I was thinking of something about a series of murders, to be exact.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk