Escape the room? Save feature added, download updated

Started by Glenjamin, Sat 07/07/2018 04:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenjamin

It's just another fun "escape the room" game, right?

The player wakes up in a room and they need to solve puzzle to get out. The formula's there. 

But something's amiss. Puzzle elements start to get more and more abstract.

You keep escaping room after room after room for what? There's just more rooms! It's like you're not even escaping at all.

There's more at play than just four walls...

Download:

Direct
Itch.io
AGS - TBA

Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]

Mandle

This looks like it goes to all the strange new places!!!

Can't wait to give it a try!

Cassiebsg

Congrats on releasing it! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Glenjamin

QuoteThis looks like it goes to all the strange new places!!!

Can't wait to give it a try!

That it does! I'm really interested to hear what you think.

QuoteCongrats on releasing it! (nod)

Feels strange that I announced it back in December. These week/month-long projects always end up being a lot bigger than I thought.

Glenjamin

Just wanted to mention there's been reports of a few gamebreaking bugs since yesterday.

If you encounter anything let me know. They'll be fixed in an update at the end of the week.

Shadow1000

I played until
Spoiler
I got to this area with 2 orange pixel guys and a boar. I got some berries.
[close]

I couldn't figure out what to do so I gave up. There's no save button so I think I'll stop here. You weren't kidding about "abstract". This is one WEIRD game!

Glenjamin

QuoteI couldn't figure out what to do so I gave up. There's no save button so I think I'll stop here. You weren't kidding about "abstract". This is one WEIRD game!

I'll consider posting something along the lines of a walk through at some point. It's defiantly weird, I was just having fun and getting my hands dirty. (laugh)

Thanks for playing.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Glenjamin on Thu 12/07/2018 00:56:58
QuoteI couldn't figure out what to do so I gave up. There's no save button so I think I'll stop here. You weren't kidding about "abstract". This is one WEIRD game!

I'll consider posting something along the lines of a walk through at some point. It's defiantly weird, I was just having fun and getting my hands dirty. (laugh)

Thanks for playing.

How about a save button? I recommend that if the game is more than 20 minutes or so that you let the player save progress and come back to it. I had no choice but to just abort the game because I just did not have the time to continue.

Just a suggestion

Glenjamin

Alrighty, the game now has a save feature!

Also for all of those who have download direct, I've neglected to update the direct download version.

Now it's up-to-date with ETRv4.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk