Author Topic: Commissar's Contrapasso  (Read 402 times)

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Commissar's Contrapasso
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jul 2018, 17:44 »
Selmiak - Thanks for pointing out the typo!
As for your question, I've started a Hints and tips thread and will post the answer there.
wohah, I feel stupid now for not getting the clue :P

anyways, I finished it and recorded a smooth longplay/walkthrough

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
    • Cassiebsg worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jul 2018, 18:43 »
Now, here's where I get a little bit critical:
Add spoiler tag for Hidden:
(...)

At the point fixing the truck engine I got a bit excited that I might have to figure out a puzzle but it was just a joke solution.

(...)

(The grenade inside the Russian doll puzzle was nice but was solved by mashing after dying many times).

(...)

(a hesitant kiss might have been nice).

Thought I would reply to these bits, more as player feedback than anything else. ;)
1) I also thought, that for a change there I was going to solve a real clever puzzle... And then I got to the truck, open the door and took the "item" (I was looking for items to repair the motor)... I continued exploring, and checked afterwards the motor. Thought it would have been nice if his comments about the parts inside reflected the fact that I had already solved the "puzzle"... something like "It's a metal part that I have no idea how it works, but since I already found the problem I don't need to know."...

2) I died once. But the fact that I followed the WIP thread so close, kind of solved the puzzle for me, as I remembered the rolling doll cutscene... (roll)

3) I don't think a kiss would have been appropriate, as Victor didn't seem to be gay to me. He has a wife and kid on the way. A kiss at that time could have felt to him as "sexual harassment" and would have been definitely awkward.

And now a few comments that come to mind:
Moment of despair: Captured by the Germans, when I realized I would have to start the entire scene from the start after Victor used the gun... Why not just place the checkpoint at that scene, instead of forcing the player to to all the dialogue again? I ended up dying a couple more times, cause I was fast clicking through the dialogue and clicked on the wrong option.

I'll get back, as my kid has now completely broken my concentration... >:(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

« Reply #22 on: 14 Jul 2018, 09:36 »
Shadow1000, Thank you so much, I'm happy that you liked the game!

selmiak, Thanks for making a video of my game, I really appreciate it!

Cassiebsg, I'll admit that the card scene in the trailer doesn't show up in the game, I just added it as I wanted to have a closeup of the commissar as well as referencing my previous games. I hope you're not too disappointed in the lack of card stacking!
As for your feedback, I'm really glad that you liked the game, though sorry if I kind of spoiled the puzzle for you! :)

Tabata

• mouse-fetishist & smiley-maniac
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jul 2018, 09:39 »
... another entertaining game - YAY! :cool:
I had fun playing it and enjoyed the grafics/animations and puzzles a lot. (nod)

That especially includes the already mentioned ones with the truck and the doll.
For me it has been refreshing to see a puzzle been solved in a different or (at least for me) new way.

Great job!