WEREWOLF GAME (GAME OVER & DISCUSSION)

Started by Mandle, Sat 14/07/2018 17:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

I claimed no knowledge of werewolves. Which is why I asked questions. I also didn't claim to own the book I mentioned. I was suggesting it if anyone happened to have a copy.
As for being a vampire, I am as close to drinking the blood of humans as a vampire bat is to drinking the blood of leaf nosed bats.
Anyway, I have nothing to hide. I fully admit to howling, blacking out, and then waking up naked.

(Okay, I'm now kind of confused on the setting. Having a village idiot made me think it was a more medieval setting, but other things make me unsure.)

VampireWombat

As for a leader, dayowlron was the first to even mention needing one. Anything I said about one since was to keep dayowlron from being in power. It now seems that perhaps it would be best not to have a leader at all.
As for my joke about about blacking out, it's what happens most of the time when I go drinking.
But no one else has any suggestions on a test we could attempt? I'm willing to be the first to be tested upon since as I said, I have nothing to hide.

Riaise

So I suppose the main question now, leader or not, is: do we want to lynch anyone at all?

If we DO lynch someone, we have the possibility of taking out a werewolf. If we DON'T lynch anyone this time, then we give the seer a chance to gain some useful information before we make a choice, so we have less chance of accidentally lynching one of our own. Then again, we also give the werewolves a chance to attack during the night, so there are pros and cons either way. :-\

Stupot

One way to avoid any unfairness in the event that someone does edit their post is to subscribe to the notifications. You'll get sent the original message. So if there is an edit made you can check the emails and see what edits were made.

VampireWombat

Not lynching anyone means that everyone at least gets to live a bit longer. But it also means someone is likely to watch in agony as a werewolf snacks on their liver.
This is why I want a test of some sort. Something that normal people might not like, but wouldn't be fatal. But would be something a werewolf would like even less and might even somehow blow their cover.
What about smoking wolfsbane?

dayowlron

Hadnt thought about it that way. a seer could find out information on one of the others to determine if they are good or bad, but can he tell anyone what he finds out? Even if the seer can tell what they found out would they want to in the thread because that would cause them to expose themselves as a seer, and if they PM the other members (if thats allowed) it would do the same thing, so whatever information the seer gets he has to keep it to themselves pretty much.
ok, no leader it is.
It would probably be prudent that the werewolves would attack someone each night since they do know who they all are and would diminish the town each turn. if we didnt succeed in getting rid of any of the werewolves then in 3 nights they would have won, and its a possibility their first attack may get the "seer". so we could vote in the thread whether we lynch anyone or not. or just wait and see what happens.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 18/07/2018 15:07:10
One way to avoid any unfairness in the event that someone does edit their post is to subscribe to the notifications. You'll get sent the original message. So if there is an edit made you can check the emails and see what edits were made.

True, but it's much less of a headache for everyone if people just follow the simple rule of no edits.

Also, at this point I'll just notify that there are about 24 hours left in this Day Phase.

Sinitrena

We really do need to be careful with the lynching. After all, we could accidantially lynch the seer - who is our only line of defense.

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 18/07/2018 15:08:16
Not lynching anyone means that everyone at least gets to live a bit longer. But it also means someone is likely to watch in agony as a werewolf snacks on their liver.
This is why I want a test of some sort. Something that normal people might not like, but wouldn't be fatal. But would be something a werewolf would like even less and might even somehow blow their cover.
What about smoking wolfsbane?

I'm all for smoking wolfsbane, even though I generally am against smoking. Maybe rub it over our bodies instead? Seems healthier for the lungs. Unfortunately, according to the mysteries we are familiar with (aka the rules of the game) only the seer can test all of us. But who knows - maybe he uses wolfsbane in his tests.

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 18/07/2018 13:01:50
(Okay, I'm now kind of confused on the setting. Having a village idiot made me think it was a more medieval setting, but other things make me unsure.)

And I sure hope we are not in a too medieval village. Otherwise, we might end up burning the witch instead of the werewolves :shocked:

Cassiebsg

Wait! Didn't we summoned a town meeting? There are a few people that are still AWOL...
This makes me wonder what they have been doing during the night that they are taking extra long sleep time... (wtf)

So are we set we wait on lynching this turn, or we take a little paper out of a hat with a name and vote that person to be lynched? Risking to accidentally lynching an innocent, or the seer, and thus giving the advantage to the werewolfs in one round, they can take 2 of us! 8-0
Outch, I think I'll make sure I go early to bed and lock the windows and doors!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

Well, I wasn't suggesting any one person to conduct tests. More of a taking turns kind of thing. And sure, the seer is the only one who can tell 100% sure who is a werewolf, that doesn't mean we can't at least make attempts at making educated guesses.
Unfortunately there's no good solution at the moment. I don't see locks being much good against something able to rip a sheep apart like it's a loaf of bread.
Of course we could just all get drunk and at the least it would make it less painful for whoever gets ripped apart tonight...

dayowlron

Well if we don't lynch anyone, you can bet the werewolves will attack someone because it does them no good to not attack someone and that someone would be guaranteed to be part of the "town" and not a "scum" since they know who all are "scum". That will make it town 5 - scum 3.
If we lynch someone and they happen to be town then that could be worse so that after the night phase it would be town 4 - scum 3.
But if we lynch someone and they happen to be scum then it would be town 5 - scum 2.
the alpha wolf is just like any other wolf except they get to decide which one to attack, however the town has the different roles of which obviously the seer is the most powerful so they would be the one we would like to protect.
If the seer is lucky enough to find the bodyguard and neither of them are attacked and killed then the seer could inform the bodyguard and the bodyguard could protect the seer.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

Wow, that's a lot of ifs. Sounds like we're basically screwed.
Anyone want to join me in some wolfsbane mojitos until we can find a plan that doesn't rely entirely on luck? If I'm going to be eaten by a werewolf tonight, I want to at least give it major indigestion.

dayowlron

I will join u in some wolfsbane mojitos. I wonder if a vampire or a wombat is poisonous to a werewolf? Maybe you can take one down by being eaten. Maybe an owl is poisonous to a werewolf. surely one of us could at least be distasteful.

Cassiebsg

I would love to join... but looking at you I'm afraid I'll get eaten around midnight!
Guard! Can you protect me please? I'm scared of the night...

VampireWombat

I figure the wolfsbane would be what's poisonous. Though it might not hurt if we also wear silver crosses. At the least those might get caught in the werewolf's throat.

Cassie, I think that dayowlron and I are probably the ones you should fear least.
At this point I'd think Selmiak, Riaise, or PrivateerPuddin are more suspicious.

Cassiebsg

Yes. selmiak and Privateer haven't even said a word yet.
Also, guess I shouldn't judge you by your avatar, cause if yours looks like it's about to transform and eat me, mine looks like it's already transformed. 8-0

VampireWombat

Exactly. While dayowlron and I have been quite loud.

Yes, judging by avatar alone could be bad. Otherwise I might assume you're the spawn of a Ro-Bear Berbil and an Ewok. And that thought in and of itself is frightening. Besides, vampire wombats prefer marsupials and the occasional monotreme.

VampireWombat

I proved my own point about not judging by an avatar. What I thought to be a robot bear is apparently a robot dog suit worn by a chimp.
Let us all eat, drink, and be merry for I have seen Harry Potter Jr. hugging a robot dog chimp.

Riaise

I'm not staying quiet on purpose, I just don't really know what I can add to the conversation until the first night has passed and we have more information about who we're up against. At the moment all we can do is make random guesses, and I don't see the point in doing that because we'll just end up going around in circles. Sorry if that makes me seem suspicious. :(

I can sing a song if you like: 10 WOLFSBANE MOJITOS HANGING ON THE WALL..... (laugh)

Sinitrena

OHHH, a tavern song! With alcohol and dance! In the face of the devil, when your death approaches on silent feet (silent, that's a thought, are the werewolves silent?) what better way to spent your last hours than with song and dance and merryment?

But it should be

9 WOLFSBANE MOJIOTOS HANGING ON THE WALL

After all, our town is small and has only nine inhabitants. So, let's sing:

9 WOLFSBANE MOJITOS HANGING ON THE WALL
WHO DRANK THE FIRST ONE OF THEM ALL?

And after the song we wait for the nigth. I'm already starting to tremble. The wolves are comming soon...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk