WEREWOLF GAME (GAME OVER & DISCUSSION)

Started by Mandle, Sat 14/07/2018 17:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

THE TOWNSFOLK AWAKE IN THE DISMAL DAYLIGHT OF DAWN TO DISCOVER THAT THE DOOR OF ONE DWELLING DANGLES DISTRESSINGLY OPEN...

A SET OF BLOODY HANDPRINTS OUTSIDE ON THE FLOOR OF THE PORCH INDICATE THAT THEIR MAKER HAD TRIED TO FLEE BUT HAD BEEN TAKEN DOWN AND DRAGGED BACK INSIDE...

INSIDE, WHERE THE TRUE CARNAGE AWAITS: THE HOUSE'S OWNER HAS BEEN RIPPED TO SHREDS AND PIECES OF THEM LAY STREWN ABOUT THE ROOM. THE BITE AND CLAW MARKS ON THE PIECES OF THE DECEASED AND THE TUFTS OF BLACK, MATTED HAIR LYING HERE AND THERE LEAVE LITTLE DOUBT:

THIS IS THE SITE OF A SLAYING BY WEREWOLVES!!!

THE HOUSE IN QUESTION BELONGED TO...

Spoiler
DAYOWLRON!!!

Further investigation of his home reveals that his role was:

Spoiler
THE FOOL!

(A three-pronged hat with bells on their ends, a plucked chicken toy, and a lifelong subscription to
"Ye Olde Madde Magazine" never lie!!!)
[close]
[close]

TURN #2
DAY PHASE

[IMGZOOM]http://i68.tinypic.com/n21ydi.png[/IMGZOOM]

Players:

(In order of sign-up)
Spoiler

Josiah: Alive
PrivateerPuddin: Alive
VampireWombat: Alive
Cassie: Alive
Sinitrena: Alive
Dayowlron: DEAD. Role: The Fool (Killed by werewolves in Night Phase #1)
Stupot: Alive
Selmiak: Alive
Riaise: Alive

(I have removed numbers and extra letters from some players' names to make it easier for people to remember how to type them during the game)
[close]
Current Roles:
Spoiler

Villagers: 3
Seer: 1
Fool: 0
Bodyguard: 1

Werewolves: 2
Alpha Werewolf: 1
[close]

The Day Phase 0f Turn #2 now begins with the same rules as before, except for the extra one that the deceased may no longer post in this thread.

The deceased may, however, communicate with other players by PM (within the rules) and, of course, follow the progress of the game passively in this thread.

Also, please note that checking the activity of the players on the AGS forums within the last 24 hours means nothing as it is legal for players to PM the game host with their night actions before the Night Phase begins if they are likely to be inactive in AGS forums during that time. ;)

Let the discussions begin!

VampireWombat

Well, this is sad news. I was right about him being a fool and that he should be kept around as werewolf fodder. But he was also fun and I didn't expect them to take him out first.
Thank you for your sacrifice dayowlron. May your death not be futile and may any werewolf who ate you vomit for days from the wolfsbane you consumed.

Riaise

Aww, poor dayowlron. Not even a fool deserves such a fate. :(

Sinitrena

Oh no, not dayowlron!

I tried to get anything from everyone's posts and determine their roles here - and I had dayowlron down as a likely candidate fot a wolf. (I know, I know, don't talk bad of the dead guy.) I guess he played his role well. That is exactly what we were supposed to think.

Poor owl. :~(

But I must tell you, this night was agonizing; lying in bed, waiting for morning and then the howling in the dark...

Has anyone seen anything? Did anyone get a glimpse of one of the wolves? Whatever are we supposed to do? Let them run arouned unchallanged for day after day and night after night?

VampireWombat

I for one didn't sleep beyond a few cat naps. I heard plenty of howling, but never close enough to be useful.

As for what to do, I gave all the ideas I had yesterday. I will be attempting to nap in a corner if anyone needs me or has any useful ideas.

selmiak

I'm sorry, but I have to leave the village until sunday, maybe I'll come back on saturday already, but I doubt it, the weather is also nice somewhere else. This is not because I'm afraid of something...
Did I send any PMs to the host? Just in case I have to, be assure I did! cya, don't kill me in any way, even if I'm not here :P

selmiak

oh, and if we finally decide to lynch someone, stupot didn't say anything to him being  a wolf, so there goes this vote... hi stu, I heard you growl last night.

VampireWombat

I guess we could lynch stupot. It would at least be doing something. Not that there's any reason to do it. But it doesn't seem as if anyone has any better ideas. I suppose we could just lynch everyone one by one until it'd down to just the werewolves and I. Which doesn't sound like a great plan.
We could make the lynching completely random. Or we could just continue doing nothing. Maybe we could prepare some nice side dishes for the werewolves.

Sinitrena

I guess we do have to lynch someone? I mean, what other choice do we have? If we keep on doing nothing, the wolves will just pick us apart, one after the other.

Is stupot a wolf? Leading his pack in silence? Does selmiak know something we don't? I hope so, because otherwise we are lost.

I can't spent another night like that, waiting in agony, doing nothing but listen to the howls and cries.

Stupot

Sorry for my absence. I've been... err... fasting... that was the growl you hear, Selmiak. I heard the wolves got someone. Screw them hairy bastards. Why? Surely I'm not under suspicion? I'm an upstanding pillar of the community.

And why do you all smell of wolfsbane mojitos?

Privateer Puddin'

Thought I'd round up dayowlron's quotes, in case they're any use.

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 17/07/2018 21:54:28
town meeting come to order. first act of business it to pick a leader. to save time i self proclaim that i am the leader and we need to pick someone to lynch before nightfall. I would say we could go alphabetically but that would get me lynched on the second day. Maybe we could go by the number of letters in their name? Can we lynch Mandle for not sharing that beer with the town?
I am pretty hungry myself I say we roast any remaining pigs. Fruit sounds good also. I am going to hop down to the market to buy supplies.

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 17/07/2018 22:16:51
It could have been you also. and I told you why I should be leader, cause to save time i am self proclaiming myself.
Just to start it off and I can change it
Vote: Cassiebsg

Quote from: dayowlron on Wed 18/07/2018 02:44:20
as far as discussing werewolves was a human that could transform into a wolf. modern folklore says this happens at night on a full moon and uncontrolably. Earlier folklore werewolves could decide when they wanted to transform and it didn't have to be at night. I am thinking we are adopting a more modern folklore in that they transfer into werewolves at night.
If it is not required to lynch a player what happens if just a few vote for someone to lynch? With 9 players does it mean there must be 5 votes for someone in order to get someone lynched?

Quote from: dayowlron on Wed 18/07/2018 11:26:16
If no one gets lynched then the game will never progress. We do need to kill the werewolves.
I am not saying specifically I should be leader. They said they needed a leader so why not me.
Anyways, would we want to vote on a leader? maybe we can just vote the alpha werewolf as a leader?

Quote from: dayowlron on Wed 18/07/2018 15:11:33
Hadnt thought about it that way. a seer could find out information on one of the others to determine if they are good or bad, but can he tell anyone what he finds out? Even if the seer can tell what they found out would they want to in the thread because that would cause them to expose themselves as a seer, and if they PM the other members (if thats allowed) it would do the same thing, so whatever information the seer gets he has to keep it to themselves pretty much.
ok, no leader it is.
It would probably be prudent that the werewolves would attack someone each night since they do know who they all are and would diminish the town each turn. if we didnt succeed in getting rid of any of the werewolves then in 3 nights they would have won, and its a possibility their first attack may get the "seer". so we could vote in the thread whether we lynch anyone or not. or just wait and see what happens.

Quote from: dayowlron on Wed 18/07/2018 17:04:50
Well if we don't lynch anyone, you can bet the werewolves will attack someone because it does them no good to not attack someone and that someone would be guaranteed to be part of the "town" and not a "scum" since they know who all are "scum". That will make it town 5 - scum 3.
If we lynch someone and they happen to be town then that could be worse so that after the night phase it would be town 4 - scum 3.
But if we lynch someone and they happen to be scum then it would be town 5 - scum 2.
the alpha wolf is just like any other wolf except they get to decide which one to attack, however the town has the different roles of which obviously the seer is the most powerful so they would be the one we would like to protect.
If the seer is lucky enough to find the bodyguard and neither of them are attacked and killed then the seer could inform the bodyguard and the bodyguard could protect the seer.

Quote from: dayowlron on Wed 18/07/2018 20:07:44
I will join u in some wolfsbane mojitos. I wonder if a vampire or a wombat is poisonous to a werewolf? Maybe you can take one down by being eaten. Maybe an owl is poisonous to a werewolf. surely one of us could at least be distasteful.

Quote from: dayowlron on Wed 18/07/2018 22:01:52
As far as the tavern song goes "100 beers on the wall" it doesnt say anywhere in it that you only get to take 1 down, just that you take 1 down at a time so it could be 1 person drinking all 100 bottles of beer so the number of people doesnt have to determine the number of wolfsbane mojitos are on the wall, but I will continue with (i believe) 8 wolfbane mojitos on the wall...
As far as judging someone based on their avatar I tried to put an avatar on my profile a while back but it never would save it so I just said forget it rather than asking for help but now I think i need to figure out why I couldnt get an avatar on here so I am not judged based on being avatar-less.

Privateer Puddin'

Jokingly or not, wanting to be the leader is a good reason for the wolves to go after him. I've been guilty of it so far, but being quiet plays into their hands so it makes sense to go after the active ones.

There's only one vote there for Cassiebsg. How many people actually voted day 1? They could be trying to frame Cassiebsg but seems a bit too obvious!

Cassiebsg

Oh! I never suspected dayowlron for being the fool! Actually though he was the Alpha wolf trying to protect himself from being lynched. :-\
As far as I know that was the only vote in day 1. Guess it make sense he picked me, since he wanted to get lynched. I was actually going to vote for him, but then we decided not to lynch anyone and give the seer a chance to find the wolfs.

But how do we use the seer's to our advantage now? Hopefully he scanned one of us last night, and with luck he has either found a wolf or the guard... if he found the guard he might seek his assistance to stay alive, but if he found a wolf... how will he give us that info so that the wolfs will not realize he's the seer? ???

This problem is complex. Maybe we should have a new town meeting and try and figure this out!?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Just a heads up... I'll be closing this Day Phase in about 24 hours from now.

VampireWombat

The town meeting went nowhere last time. But it's at least the best option so far.
All I know is there's not been enough information so far to decide anything. And if Privateer Puddin' is right about why they went after dayowlron, then I'll most likely be their next target. Unless they change strategy to throw us off.

Riaise

I'm not sure how useful dayowlron's quotes are, given that he was actively trying to get himself lynched. Although he made a good point about the seer and the bodyguard finding each other. Hopefully, as Cassie said, they've managed to get in touch with each other. Otherwise, the only other information we've got to go on is selmiak's vote to lynch Stu. Does he have reason to believe that Stu is a werewolf? Or was he just trying to throw us off his own scent? ???

Privateer Puddin'

Well, only he knew that. Out of all of us, he stood out as the one to kill on the first night. Not much to go on at that point, but maybe there's something in there.

VampireWombat

Sometimes a fool can see things the wisest of us can't.
I'm sure there's at least some truth sprinkled in what dayowlron said and did. I'm just not sure how much.
As for lynching Stupot, I never saw or heard any actual evidence for it. If anything, a growling stomach would be proof against him being a werewolf.
If we're going to lynch someone, there needs to be real reason for it.

Riaise

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sat 21/07/2018 13:35:13
Well, only he knew that. Out of all of us, he stood out as the one to kill on the first night. Not much to go on at that point, but maybe there's something in there.

OH. Sorry, I get what you mean now. I thought you meant that his quotes might be useful to us in some way now, rather than to work out why he was chosen. But yeah, I can't really see anything that would make him a target in particular. Although, didn't VampireWombat say something about him being werewolf fodder? Perhaps that influenced the decision? :-\

About the lynching, I'm not sure we're ever going to have real evidence for lynching anyone. All we have is our gut instinct.

Stupot

How about we share our top 3 gut instinct suspects for who the werewolves are? I'm going Selmiak, Sinitrena and Josiah.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk