AGS Image Host?

Started by Gurok, Thu 26/07/2018 13:50:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

In case of our sig I am using an url-shortener.
I made my account at imgur because of shorter urls some years ago. Afterwards I found out about url shortener and now I use whatever host is more comfortable for me without minding the length of the urls given. You need even less space than for the short imgur urls and it gives you space for more pics than you can place in our sig :wink:

Cassiebsg

Yes, I already have more stuff on it than it what fits the wide of my browser... (laugh) I was going to add a "moving" tag, but there was not enough characters left for it... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

abstauber

Quote from: AGA on Sat 28/07/2018 15:20:42
Quote from: abstauber on Fri 27/07/2018 13:35:54
The only thing that would make sense in my eyes is to support direct image uploading in the forums. But that would cause even more traffic and generate costs for AGA and so on.

I can do that.  Bandwidth isn't really an issue.

It would make a lot more sense for images to be hosted here, where basically they'd stay until AGS is no longer a thing...

Please do (nod)

Blondbraid

Quote from: abstauber on Mon 30/07/2018 13:24:57
Quote from: abstauber on Fri 27/07/2018 13:35:54
The only thing that would make sense in my eyes is to support direct image uploading in the forums. But that would cause even more traffic and generate costs for AGA and so on.

It would make a lot more sense for images to be hosted here, where basically they'd stay until AGS is no longer a thing...

Please do (nod)
That'd be great, I always feel sad when I look at old forum threads and all the pictures are gone because whatever site they were hosted on is gone.

Snarky

Sure, that would be nice, but could you please fix the Games DB search first? It's been broken for ages now, and it's the kind of thing I think really affects both download numbers for individual AGS games, and the popularity of AGS as a whole.

(I'm specifically talking about the "Search Games by Title or Author:" search bar, which always goes to http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/namesearch/ and gives me a 403 error when I search. I'm able to run (single-word) searches correctly by manually adding the search term to the URL, but no random visitor is going to realize that.)

AGA

Search is already fixed.  It'll go out In the Next Releaseâ,,¢,

Snarky

Well that's great! Thanks! Looking forward to that release, then.

Gurok

Hi again,

http://ags.pics/ is up and running.

I've created accounts for anyone who seemed to express interest in using it. If you'd like an account and I haven't made one for you, just PM me -- it's a 5 minute process.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AnasAbdin

Thanks Gurok! My current profile pic is from ags.pics! How cool is that! I feel I'm part of the engine (laugh)

VampireWombat

Now I finally have image codes where pngs actually end with png instead of jpg. Maybe zoomable images will actually look right now.
Thank you very much Gurok.

morganw

Is it web interface only, or is there some way to access some storage directly?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk