A cat outside the building

Started by KyriakosCH, Sun 29/07/2018 09:03:14

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Some very obviously newly-born cat, with golden-white fur, apparently decided to use the entrance of this building as its main location. Today, as i exited the building, it befriended me, mewing and pressing itself onto my shoes/lower part of the leg. So, given i went out to buy something to eat, i gave it a bit when i returned.
I found it curious that the creature felt the urgent need to seek something from myself, given that tendency could have been very misplaced, or even be a grave error if the person had been mean-spirited. I wouldn't approach a giant, trying to get them to show interest on myself, but the cat seemed to me to do just that.
Granted, it has been located in that position for a few days now, and originally it just went away, in fear, each time i approached. Maybe it regarded the building itself as forthcoming with source of food, given another person here seems to have fed it a few times.

Still, i think it is probable that the very young cat just means to stay as far away from the territory of the older cats, and simply identified that no other cat placed itself in the entrance of this building. But this won't last for long, particularly if people keep feeding this one; an antagonist will be attracted, and more than likely the other, larger cat, will use violence to take over the position. Which would be pointless, given the people won't just switch to feeding the older, and rougher cat; but such is the tragic ignorance in the actions of those creatures, who forever misunderstand the whims of the humans they seek to gain out of.

-do you think the cat's fate will be different than the one i imagined?
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

mkennedy

Hopefully the kitten will find a good home. You may want to consider taking them to an animal shelter though.

Slasher

Cats know when their well off and will adopt most people if they feed it.. that's natural... As mkennedy said: Take it to a shelter, Cats protection or other establishment or post a 'found kitten' card in local shops.. before other cats decide to investigate your premises and hope for a free lunch.....

Mandle

I was once sitting on a stair outside having a smoke when a cat of about 2-3 months old ran all the way up to me, up the stairs, reached out and touched me on the knee and then ran away.

I went home to my apartment about 200 meters away thinking little more of this.

I was watching TV when I heard a cat mewling up from the 3 stories below.

I looked out from the balcony and, yep, it was the same cat.

I went down and let him in, and when my girlfriend at the time came home told her we had a guest over for the night.(He was crashed out on a cushion after I fed him).

We ended up keeping this cat for 7 more years.

I still wonder, to this day, how "Tickle" figured out I was the one he needed to approach that night.

Cats use spooky action at a distance?

Blondbraid

Like what the others said, if the cat is still young it should have decent chances to be adopted in an animal shelter.

KyriakosCH

Anyway, the cat now has a trey with cat-food, and water. Although the location isn't optimal; it is next to the yard of some ground-floor of the next building, where kids routinely play making a lot of noise. Also, i am surprised that no other cat went to steal the food; though there rarely are male cats around.
Btw, most male cats i have seen have the expression of serial killers :=

Wiggy

That's a touching story,

The best cat I ever had sought me out and found me. 10 years later when we had moved cities and I took her to the vet for a check-up, the vet asked how I came to have her. I told the story, and the vet remarked "They are the best cats!". Note that the kitten must have been introduced to humans in the first 8 weeks of its life, otherwise it would be permanently and irrevocably feral. A Queen (momma cat) will have her litter in a private nest and when their eyes are open, she will bring them out to introduce them to the rest of her family - yes, that's right, when you have a dog it becomes a slobbering noisy intruding part of your family, but when a cat spends time with you, you become part of its family. They are amazing animals and poorly treated by most humans, but absolutely intriguing to observe. If you're in a position to have a full time pet, go for it, reasearch the whole cat ownership thing and enjoy unconditional company and love. If not, I hope somebody else does. I hope it works out!

KyriakosCH

I am not much of a pet person... :) Also, at this time i really cannot afford having a pet 8-0

Anyway, the cat wasn't attacked by other cats. It seems to stick around, and apparently it is being fed by some people in the neighborhood. It did grow a lot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk