Board Games

Started by Slasher, Sun 29/07/2018 11:24:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Does anyone think that board games can be a part of AGS games such as Monopoly or Cluedo etc etc?

If you do, then what would you like to see as a board game?

Cheers

Cassiebsg

Of course they can. (nod)
Single player is a nice thing, but maybe you could use the irc plugin (the one used for the awards) to make a multiplayer option too. that would be cool! (nod)

I have no preference for any board game.
Cluedo sounds fun, and I used to play monopoly alone already, so why not? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

I used to play Cluedo on the old Amstrad. An AGS version would be cool.

I'm pretty sure Trivial Pursuit has also been made into a computer version. That would also be great as an AGS game.

Frodo

I would love to see Monopoly, Cluedo, Backgammon, and Scrabble on AGS.  :wink:

Riaise

Definitely Cluedo! Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble would be good, too. ;-D

Danvzare

Jinsei!
Since I really want to play an English version of that game.

As a matter of fact, there's a lot of great Japanese boardgame games that I want to play in English. Too bad the only one that ever gets translated is the Mario Party series. >:(
Apparently there isn't an audience for them here in the west.

But as for western boardgames. Cluedo I guess.

Crimson Wizard

Board game is a good candidate for multiplayer AGS game, using AGSSock plugin.
Also games like "Mafia"/"Werewolf" (I guess).

Mandle

I actually started work on an AGS version of Clue with characters from AGS games/notable AGS users as the suspects, famous items from games as the weapons, and well-known game locations as the rooms.

"Stupot, in the Adventurer's Guild (Heroine's Quest), with the Ghost Hoover (Donald Dowell)", for example.

I had planned to just release it as printable decks of cards and board to be physically played, possibly at a Mittens event or somesuch, with blank card templates allowing for people to include different stuff as they wished.

I didn't get far on it though but, if someone was to make a version of Clue along the same lines except multiplayer through IRC like the Awards Ceremonies, I think it would attract more AGS users to play it than just regular Clue.

There are already official online multiplayer versions of most, if not all, famous boardgames so it might be a slight waste of time to recreate them in AGS except if they were adapted to an AGS games theme (or just adventure games theme in general).

OR, if they were to be played inside a larger game. For example: a multiplayer adventure game with the option (or need) to sit down and play a boardgame as part of the plot.

Slasher

I've started making a board game to get back into the feel of scripting one..

I've titled it 'Pursuit of Cash'..

The game is not too hard and it's easy to play.....

* Single player
* Choose a counter like a car or a turtle
* Select Man or Woman contestant
* Enter name
* See the Man/Woman and see them talk
* Host who references the contestants name
* Answer questions on various topics you land on such as Music or History. Get questions right and you win money or lose money on certain tiles
* Random topic questions
* Bank balance display
* 26 walk Tiles
* Roll a dice with a tumbler and the counter will auto move around the board

Hopefully, on completion it will entice me to make a more complicated type of board game later on..

Cheers guys

Danvzare

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 31/07/2018 12:16:54
Hopefully, on completion it will entice me to make a more complicated type of board game later on..
If it does, and you want any help, feel free to ask me. :-D

I look forward to seeing this "Pursuit of Cash".

Slasher

Danvzare.. I might let you be the first to play it (laugh)

selmiak

I teamed up with shade some time ago and we made Mastermind
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1669/

shade made some more unusual or unadventury games in AGS like

Yahzee
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1016/

and

Magus
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1564/

edit:
if someone wants to code some RISK clone with good AI and multiplayer in AGS I'd do some GFX for that :)
hell, this would be great for a multiplayer game with chatroom ;)

Cassiebsg

yes :)
We're sitting in there anyway, might as well make some games to pass the time as well :D

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

elentgirl

One of my games, Haunted Castle, is based upon an original board game that I made back in the 1960s.  It is a turn based game that plays like a board game, for family fun!: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1820/

Mandle

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 03/08/2018 08:52:53
One of my games, Haunted Castle, is based upon an original board game that I made back in the 1960s.  It is a turn based game that plays like a board game, for family fun!: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1820/

And it's really fun! Although I only played it against myself. I imagine it's a lot more fun to play against other hotseat players and if it could be adapted to online multiplayer with the above mentioned plugin it would be amazing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk