MAGS August "Censorship" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/08/2018 10:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS August?

Cola Skunkette: A Bit of Cleanup
0 (0%)
The Campaign Of Daphne White
2 (16.7%)
Cyborg Seppuku
9 (75%)
The Man Who Liked Cats
0 (0%)
Vacant Bodies
1 (8.3%)
Fists of Murder
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Mon 17/09/2018 05:06:38

The Outer Zone

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 01/08/2018 21:50:51
You could add biopunk elements like XiStenZ did. Or you could make things more along the lines of solarpunk. Or make something that mixes elements of Total Recall and Inception.
As for me, I think I'm going to try something along the lines of mixing Surrogates, The Final Cut, Dark City, The Sixth Day, and dreaded live action Aeon Flux.

All good stuff. eXistenZ and Total Recall are some of my favorites.
Could also go sci-fi without going "futuristic". Hmm.. lots of choices :)
The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

VampireWombat

Yes, retro futuristic/zeerust could work. The Fallout games made good use of such. An Urban Fantasy spin could work. Or even somehow flat out doing fantasy. With enough thought, some form of cyberpunk/biopunk/whatever punk could work in any setting. Like, what if The Wizard of Oz was cyberpunk.

Stupot

Nice to see lots of buzzing in here already.

Welcome on board, The Outer Zone. Voting is now open for July's contest. Just visit any page in that thread and look for the poll near the top of the screen.

Slasher

Welcome to ags 'The Outer Zone'..

Meanwhile, I have a list of 18 censorship's....

That gives me a choice of 1 or more (nod)

Hope to see a few ******* entries this month.. (laugh)

EDIT: Whilst most of you will no doubt be the oppressed my game will be the oppressor (laugh)

I claim the title: "The campaign of Daphne White (aka Mrs Whitehouse.)"... Subjected...

Now the hardest part: making the game....(laugh)

VampireWombat

The game itself going to be the oppressor?
Careful it doesn't become an AI and take over the world...

The Outer Zone

Thanks a lot you guys. What a nice welcome ;-D
Monday will be my first day of diving into the engine. Can't wait!
Now let's make some games!
The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

VampireWombat

This game is going to get the love and attention my previous games didn't. The last game taught me 2 things. Work on the game every day, even if it's just a single piece of dialog. And never ever import graphics into AGS directly from Spriter or Inkscape.
I have enough of an idea where to take the game that I can do some coding today and at least start work on designing the player character.
Unless something changes, the game will be called Vacant Bodies.

The Outer Zone - First time ever? Good luck. Hopefully you have some experience with other engines or at least have discovered tutorial videos.

Slasher

Hi,

I've change to the oppressed rebellion (laugh)

VampireWombat

For some reason that made me think of Punk rock.

As for me, today I plan to at least make a sketch version of the first background and at least partially script for the first room. I also plan to have some version of the player character drawn and to test a hybrid interface based on what I did last month, but with an option of a regular verb list at the bottom.

Slasher

Daphne White is an nieve political jobsworth who has presented the 'House' with various censorship laws and these include the recycling of nudie books and other censorship laws that cause her constituency to protest in the 'House'.

A series of individual quests...

I have 3 rooms almost completed..

Adding more puzzles to this game...

VampireWombat

Wow, you're really burning the midnight oil.

All I've managed to do is test to make sure that I can easily use the verb coin and verb list. It'll requite some tweaking, of course.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sat 04/08/2018 13:23:58
All I've managed to do is test to make sure that I can easily use the verb coin and verb list. It'll requite some tweaking, of course.

Is it really worth the time-consuming effort with the time restriction of a MAG competition?

But I wish you luck whatever you choose... (nod)

VampireWombat

Maybe, maybe not. It's not like I'd spend more than 2-4 hours on tweaking it anyway. The main thing I need to figure out is which things should happen with mouse over the hotspot and which should happen with clicking.
At the least a verb list that I can easily change for the room/hotspot will be useful with the nature of the game.
And it's possible I might just completely drop the verb coin part. But it's easier if I start with the possibility than to decide to go back and add it. Changing interface midway through making a game is what caused me to make a total mess of May's game and unable to finish it.

But thanks for the luck.

Slasher

VampireWombat,
QuoteAnd it's possible I might just completely drop the verb coin part. But it's easier if I start with the possibility than to decide to go back and add it. Changing interface midway through making a game is what caused me to make a total mess of May's game and unable to finish it.
I understand...

This sort of thing really should be fully planned at the start of creation... As you say, changing half way can cause you a total mess...

Slasher

Screenshot in production:

Be aware that this is an adult xxx  game.. (laugh)

VampireWombat

Well, that certainly should be interesting.
You certainly have more done than I do.
I did create a template for making main verb gui at least. And I have enough of a background to do some programming.
So now to design a version of the player character. At least I don't have to worry about a standard walk cycle...

Slasher

In production Video of the first scene to: The campaign of Daphne White

VampireWombat

Nice. I'll watch the video later. If I remember.
No specific goals today. Going to try to figure out the art style some and do a bit of coding.
Will be days before I'll have anything to show since I want to avoid screenshots of the starting area.

Slasher

Emergency.... I have the back screen of death...monitor black and windows not booting up....

Can anybody help!!!!!

I am on sons computer.

Thank you.

Mandle

Maybe a stupid question, Slasher, but have you tried booting up in safe-mode?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk