MAGS August "Censorship" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/08/2018 10:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS August?

Cola Skunkette: A Bit of Cleanup
0 (0%)
The Campaign Of Daphne White
2 (16.7%)
Cyborg Seppuku
9 (75%)
The Man Who Liked Cats
0 (0%)
Vacant Bodies
1 (8.3%)
Fists of Murder
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Mon 17/09/2018 05:06:38

VampireWombat

Slasher

Got new laptop arriving by Wednesday so I hope to catch up after that...

I've lost quite a few days but I will endeavor to meet the deadline...

VampireWombat

Today's only the 11th. I have no doubt you'll be able to do it.

As for me, today I start designing the first NPC. And maybe even attempt designing a 3d food printer...

The Outer Zone

Finally started working on the actual game. Been toying around in AGS for the past week.
Currently making placeholders and setting up the main systems. Hope I will be done with the first full prototype this week.

Here is the sketch for my main scene:

So.. we have three weeks left. Hope you guys are having a good time making your adventures :)

The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

Stupot

It's better if you round down. Tell yourself you have two weeks left, not three. That way you can scale accordingly and make sure you have a finished product. Those extra couple of days can be for the testing and the last minute bug fixes that no one ever leaves time for.

imsomnia212

Well since the last MAGS I didn't have time to finished my game I will join on this. I started to work on the game since the competition was posted.
Are u a tuna?

VampireWombat

Ugh. Still so much to do...
I have no finished graphics yet because I'm still trying to figure out the graphics style. Looking at non-adventure games for reference has helped, but I'm still not quite there. I'm happy with the ideas I'm getting from not forcing them. It's just going slowly.
But I do plan to at least plan out the vending machine area today.

Edit: And... Apparently I'm now going to throw a troll doll in.

Slasher

Got my new laptop.. Lot of fluffing around but it's working.

Just need to learn more about windows 10 now..

So, back again...

Quest 2 almost completed...

Slasher

I've realised that my laptop does not have the F keys (like F5 and F7)..

So I've made S for Save and L for Load instead...

I'm using the Phylactere module for this one.

Meanwhile I am into Quest 3 of 4...

"I mean, what woman wants to buy a see-through nightie that is not see-through?!"   (laugh)

MP Daphne White rules (laugh)

VampireWombat

No Function keys? That doesn't seem right. I did a search about laptops without function keys and found nothing, except for mention of the Fn key which used to be required to be able to use function keys. Maybe the keys are in an odd spot or combined with other keys?

But congratulations on being more or less 3/4 finished.

I'm still struggling with graphics style for sprites. But I decided that if I haven't gotten it figured out by noon on Saturday that I'll just use ultra low resolution graphics...

Cassiebsg

@Slasher, please don't replace them, just add the new keys as alternates but leave the "default" ones that we're so used to. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 15/08/2018 18:29:54
@Slasher, please don't replace them, just add the new keys as alternates but leave the "default" ones that we're so used to. ;)
I intend to, don't worry ;)

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 15/08/2018 18:21:55
No Function keys? That doesn't seem right.

He bought a Sinclair ZX80. ;)

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 16/08/2018 02:21:49
Then I'm impressed he was able to somehow get it to run Windows 10.

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 16/08/2018 02:21:49
Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 15/08/2018 18:21:55
No Function keys? That doesn't seem right.

That's a bit modern for me (laugh)

Meanwhile I am putting the final touches to quest 3 and then it's on to quest 4.

For the amount of time iv'e lost it's surprising i'm where i am (nod)

Cassiebsg

It's not a surprise for us, you normally have already finished and uploaded the game... (roll) (laugh)

VampireWombat

It's not at all surprising where I'm at in my game...
But I have almost 5 hours to meet my deadline for figuring out an art style. I'm fairly close. It's getting the face right that's the biggest problem...
There are a few more things I have to figure out for the story to keep it from being too close to other stuff. But worst case scenerio, I keep those things for the MAGS version and change them for a later version...

The Outer Zone

Yeah I'm also beginning to plan some things for a post MAGS release.. voice acting for example :-D

But my prototype is nearly done. I just need to finish writing all the comments for all the non-progressive "look" and "interact" actions.

Do you guys usually share the prototype during MAGS?
Would be awesome to get some feedback!
If that is the case, how should I upload it? Just send a link to google drive or something?
The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

VampireWombat

Voice acting? Nice...

It's rare, but I don't think there's anything against sharing a prototype.
At the least I'd be willing to play it and give feedback. Though from what I read from another thread, you have much more experience with game making in general...
And different people use different places. I use Itch.io. But Google drive should be fine.

Now if only I can actually get my graphics done...

Cassiebsg

@The Outer Zone, sure, just ask for beta testers, plenty of ppl in the forum will gladly beta test. (nod) It's encouraged to test any game before release... though sometimes with such a short time frame sometimes there's just no time for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk