MAGS August "Censorship" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/08/2018 10:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS August?

Cola Skunkette: A Bit of Cleanup
0 (0%)
The Campaign Of Daphne White
2 (16.7%)
Cyborg Seppuku
9 (75%)
The Man Who Liked Cats
0 (0%)
Vacant Bodies
1 (8.3%)
Fists of Murder
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Mon 17/09/2018 05:06:38

VampireWombat

Well, okay. I guess it's less doubts and more accepting the limitations I have (mostly time at this point). I believe it would be better to end it at the point I currently have in mind than to have it continue into mediocrity. And after playing a Tex Murphy game for a few minutes yesterday made me decide simplification of the interactions is best until/unless there's need for more. The extra verbs make sense with a longer game and the interactions evolving over time, but not with a shorter game where there'd only be maybe 2 extra interactions added.

And thanks for the luck. Assuming nothing horrific happens, it should be no problem finishing up in time since I have most things planned out to a large extent.

Slasher

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 23/08/2018 17:36:09
@Slasher: I should have that machine ready for you, just adding the hoist and then I'll start the other one you sent me... but I'm losing track of what is done and what is missing and what is "waiting" for final version.
Could PM me with the name of each room and current state please? ;)
The hoist is an OBJECT I have.....because i may need to fine line it up...

Slasher

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 23/08/2018 17:36:09
@Slasher: I should have that machine ready for you, just adding the hoist and then I'll start the other one you sent me... but I'm losing track of what is done and what is missing and what is "waiting" for final version.
Could PM me with the name of each room and current state please? ;)

Once the recycle machine is in place we go on to to quest 2.... Out side TV Centre and in control room....will send...
Quest 3: nothing needed.....Quest 4: just need to tart up inside a video game stockroom... will send..

Only 7 days to go..

Cassiebsg

Uhm, too late I already modelled it. :P
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

(laugh)

Well send it and i'll see what i can do...

The Outer Zone

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 22/08/2018 18:58:00
@The Outer Zone: Just played it and finished. Good job. (nod)

A few minor bugs/sugestions:
Spoiler

1) Like VW mentioned the intro is rather long, just add a StarCutscene(ESC Only); (or any key, or something) at the start, and EndCutscene(); once you are done with it.

2) You text if running waayyy too fast. Please either set it to a slower pace (AGS default is too fast), or add an option in the settings.

3) Ask for some help with proofreading. I noticed several spelling errors.
Spoiler alert:
Spoiler

4) When you go in to the elevator a second time, the door closes and only then you remove the player character, leaving the character visible above the door. You can play with the door baseline so the character is behind the door, or just turn the character invisible once he enters, close the door, change room and turn him visible before fade-in.

5) I broke the pipe before I knew which pipe to break (I only noticed the plaque after I broke it). Guess I was lucky to hit the right one at first click? (laugh) (roll) You might want to check that the player knows which one to break before he does it. ;)
[close]
[close]

Those are the ones I caught.
I love the sketch art! (nod) That is definitely different. (laugh) And I loved the puzzles. Hope to play the finished version soon. :-D

Thanks  a lot!!
Really good points. It helps a lot thank you :)

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 22/08/2018 12:38:48

And yeah, you probably didn't even think about the menu because in play testing you know exactly what to do. Of course having a pause before everything starts could work too. But a starting menu also adds a bit more professional look.

Edit: Just finished it. Good job. Definitely better than any of my games so far.

Thank you :) Hope to implement everything that is planned. Doing GUI atm..
The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

VampireWombat

Quote from: The Outer Zone on Fri 24/08/2018 12:23:31
Thank you :) Hope to implement everything that is planned. Doing GUI atm..
Welcome and good luck.
Also, make sure to add a T to the code Cassie gave you to make it StartCutscene instead of StarCutscene.

Edit to no one specific:
With the release of S.A.M. today, I want to clarify that having my main character as a robot is something I've had planned for weeks.

Slasher

Hi

'The campaign of Daphne White' seems to be on course for finishing, although testing is another story.

It's going to be a close call (laugh)

Edit: Quest 4:  Second half is now 98% done and the first half is now 96% done.

VampireWombat

So, I'm a little behind. I have come up with a few more changes that should make the game better at least. My current goal is to have the game fully playable, but with no music and with limited animation sometime tomorrow.

Slasher

VampireWombat: Sometimes a full animation is not necessary and you may get away with what you have.... Music can be done on the final day as it's a really easy part to add once you have the music imported.

Keep chugging along mate ;)

Meanwhile, I'm doing gui and icon cosmetics..

VampireWombat

Yeah, that's why I'm only having the minimal animations done this weekend. But I'll most likely add music before the final day. I want to leave the final day for only minor touch ups of things I missed if at all possible.

KyriakosCH

I am actually working on something. Using a plot I am thinking of for a new story :)

Won't be a long game (15 min, maybe), but it will be quite bleak.

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Slasher

It's self-testing time.

Storyline:
MP Daphne White is enforcing her censorship policies on her constituent public. The public are outraged that their freedom to choose is being taken away so they march to the 'House' to protest against Daphne White's censorship policies. The 'House' turns down their protests. The constituent public decide to take matters into their own hands by defying Daphne White and going about breaking her censorship policies.

"You all know about the censorship policies I have presented to the House."
"There is far too much sordidness going on within my constituency."

There are four censorship quests (different people) that can be done in any order and you can change quests at any time.

Meet Sally, a friendly Labrador and drive a pink convertible... 

This game presents adult themes.

Gameplay: about an hour.

Some Screenshots:
Jim and Bert need to get into the paper recycling plant and retrieve nudie mags.

Brian needs to get into the tv center and enable adult tv programs.

Specs:
1280 X 1024
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

VampireWombat

Congratulations Slasher. An hour? Impressive.

I'm a little bit behind, but I still should be able to at least come close to my goal for the day.

Slasher

Download here   

Storyline:
MP Daphne White is enforcing her censorship policies on her constituent public. The public are outraged that their freedom to choose is being taken away so they march to the 'House' to protest against Daphne White's censorship policies. The 'House' turns down their protests. The constituent public decide to take matters into their own hands by defying Daphne White and going about breaking her censorship policies.

"You all know about the censorship policies I have presented to the House."
"There is far too much sordidness going on within my constituency."

There are four censorship quests (different characters) that can be done in any order and you can change quests at any time.

Meet Sally, a friendly Labrador and drive a pink convertible... You may even come across a smelly skunk (laugh)

This game presents adult themes.

Gameplay: about an hour.

Only tested by yours truly....

Some Screenshots:
Jim and Bert need to get into the paper recycling plant and retrieve nudie mags.

Brian needs to get into the tv center and enable adult tv programs.

Specs:
1280 X 1024
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

Download here

Slasher

Few typos corrected...

Debug now off..

Talk to button: new re-scripting... and a new build uploaded....

Download here....

Kastchey

Slasher, sorry I didn't manage to report a couple more bugs yesterday before you re-posted the link:
Spoiler
In quest 1, it is possible to get stuck by going to the far right of the recycling machine screen. I can get you a screenshot if it helps.
In quest 3, the TV job ad has no mouseover description.
[close]

If you have fixed these already then please ignore :)

Slasher

Quote from: Kastchey on Mon 27/08/2018 07:28:52
Slasher, sorry I didn't manage to report a couple more bugs yesterday before you re-posted the link:
Spoiler
In quest 1, it is possible to get stuck by going to the far right of the recycling machine screen. I can get you a screenshot if it helps.
In quest 3, the TV job ad has no mouseover description.
[close]
:-\

If you have fixed these already then please ignore :)
1: I'll look into that...  DONE
2: I'll look into that...  DONE

New build uploaded.......

cheers ;)

VampireWombat

And I feel so behind now. Yesterday's heat just made me lose most motivation and energy in the afternoon. And today and tomorrow are going to be hotter...
So, yeah. Graphics won't be as nice and polished as I wanted. But I should have a fully playable version Wednesday.

Slasher

You should like in the UK... much lower (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk