I made a thing

Started by CaptainD, Fri 27/07/2018 17:28:25

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I guess it was just reminiscing about the BASIC programs I made as a kid messing about with graphical functions and FOR...NEXT loops that made me do this.  Or maybe I'm approaching a mid-life crisis.  Anyway I'm not sure I'm finished with the actual program so, although it doesn't look as good, I've posted the video.  Music made with Jukebox, a procedurally-generated music creation tool I've been experimenting with recently.

Which then became this:

selmiak

yay, you mades a demo!
nice easyy listening. Imho it would be even better if the colors would not be so random, but closer together but going into a random direction on the colorwheel, R++;G++;B--; and so on. ;-D

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 27/07/2018 17:44:52
Imho it would be even better if the colors would not be so random, but closer together but going into a random direction on the colorwheel, R++;G++;B--; and so on. ;-D

That may well be the next iteration... ;)

Cassiebsg

Looks nice and I like the music too! Good job. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 27/07/2018 20:02:41
Looks nice and I like the music too! Good job. :)

Thanks Cassie! ;-D

Blondbraid

Fascinating video, and very nice and relaxing yet intriguing music!

Babar

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 27/07/2018 17:44:52
yay, you mades a demo!
nice easyy listening. Imho it would be even better if the colors would not be so random, but closer together but going into a random direction on the colorwheel, R++;G++;B--; and so on. ;-D
Those colours aren't random, D's obviously ++ing AGS's colours! :D
I used to do the same thing with BASIC back in the day.I think I probably even still have all the files. They wouldn't be AGS, but I should dig them up and see if I can record them :cheesy:.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Stupot

Nice video. Man, I fondly remember playing around with BASIC as a kid. Doing all the type-ins from Amstrad Action. I don't know why I never pursued programming properly after that and now I suck. But I have good memories of messing around with it.

CaptainD

Thanks Blondbraid, Babar and Stupot+!

Yes indeed, I was using simply ++ing AGS's colours - I would like to do something more subtle but failing to get it to work so far.

CaptainD

I made the thing into a new thing.

KyriakosCH

Hey, can you mod the thing to help visualization with lychrel numbers? Cause i can use money from some math proof grant or something :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

CaptainD

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 29/07/2018 13:46:41
Hey, can you mod the thing to help visualization with lychrel numbers? Cause i can use money from some math proof grant or something :=

Er... it's possible I suppose!  First I'd have to find out what a lychrel number is of course... :grin:

KyriakosCH

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 02/08/2018 13:12:20
Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 29/07/2018 13:46:41

Er... it's possible I suppose!  First I'd have to find out what a lychrel number is of course... :grin:

:D Awesome! We can split the reward if it works := := :=
Lychrel numbers are (apparently) numbers which never will reach the form of a palindrome, regardless of how many times you add them to their inverted digits. Eg 196: 196+ 691 = 887 (non palindrome), 887+ 788= 1675 (non palindrome), and this goes likely forever.
I expect the thing to be altered to cater to this end, by the end of the day :=

More seriously: good work!!! :D
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk