OGV/AVI files and OpenGL renderer

Started by CrashPL, Thu 02/08/2018 18:05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPL

For some reason AVI/OGV files fail to play while the game is set to OpenGl renderer - the screen just goes dark for a split second, and the game resumes normally. The said files are played correctly when switching back to Direct3D/software renderer.

Is this a known issue, or rather a problem with codec/compression settings? Using AGS 3.4.1.14.

Crimson Wizard

Yes, as far as I know they are played through dxmedia interface, which requires DirectDraw 5 or Direct3D to be running.

CrashPL

Ah, I see, thanks! Is there any chance for a quick workaround for this? (unfortunately, ZA is quite dependent on OGV cutscenes, which currently limits the renderer to D3D/software only)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: CrashPL on Thu 02/08/2018 19:48:53
Ah, I see, thanks! Is there any chance for a quick workaround for this? (unfortunately, ZA is quite dependent on OGV cutscenes, which currently limits the renderer to D3D/software only)

Oh wait... OGV is theora video, right? I meant AVI. OGV should be playing I think. AGS simply draws frame by frame on screen, so it suppose to work just like with any other images.

CrashPL

Yes, and huh... I just checked, it only skips certain Theora videos, not all of them (while everything works fine in D3D). I'll try to tinker around a bit with Theora converter settings to see which thing causes this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk