Share your game ideas!

Started by BunnyShoggoth, Tue 07/08/2018 14:48:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Quote from: BunnyShoggoth on Tue 14/08/2018 03:04:40
One more idea of mine is a game about qualia. The concept of qualia implies that different people may actually be seeing the world in different ways; for instance, one person may see a color as "red" and another as "green", but since they both use the word "red" for it, we would never find out that they perceive it differently. I thought that in the game it could be taken to the extreme: you could play as several characters who see the same locations in a very different way (one sees them as photorealistic, another in cartoony CMI or DOTT style with bizarre colors, another in retro painting-esque fashion, etc.), and there could be some puzzles related to that.
That's an incredibly brilliant idea! 8-0
I would gladly pay money to play a game like that.

An idea that I have is slightly similar, but nowhere near as good.
The idea is an adventure game, but where each character has a different interface. One might have a simple left-click right-click interface, and another might have the 9-verb interface. But it would go further than that, because while one character would function like a proper point and click adventure game, another character would function more closely to a Telltale adventure game (with timed dialogs and all), and another character would function like a hidden-object game. Thus resulting in some crazy puzzles.
You'd have to become the hidden-object character to reveal an item for the point and click character to pick up and use on something, so the Telltale character can make a choice which makes the game go forwards. Overall, the game would probably be a parody of all three genres.

BunnyShoggoth

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 14/08/2018 13:23:49
Quote from: BunnyShoggoth on Tue 14/08/2018 03:04:40
One more idea of mine is a game about qualia. The concept of qualia implies that different people may actually be seeing the world in different ways; for instance, one person may see a color as "red" and another as "green", but since they both use the word "red" for it, we would never find out that they perceive it differently. I thought that in the game it could be taken to the extreme: you could play as several characters who see the same locations in a very different way (one sees them as photorealistic, another in cartoony CMI or DOTT style with bizarre colors, another in retro painting-esque fashion, etc.), and there could be some puzzles related to that.
That's an incredibly brilliant idea! 8-0
I would gladly pay money to play a game like that.

An idea that I have is slightly similar, but nowhere near as good.
The idea is an adventure game, but where each character has a different interface. One might have a simple left-click right-click interface, and another might have the 9-verb interface. But it would go further than that, because while one character would function like a proper point and click adventure game, another character would function more closely to a Telltale adventure game (with timed dialogs and all), and another character would function like a hidden-object game. Thus resulting in some crazy puzzles.
You'd have to become the hidden-object character to reveal an item for the point and click character to pick up and use on something, so the Telltale character can make a choice which makes the game go forwards. Overall, the game would probably be a parody of all three genres.

Thank you, I love your idea as well!!! It could also be interesting to combine "classical" 1990s-style adventure and Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain-style interactive drama.

I had an idea somewhat similar to yours which involves an unreliable narrator, inspired by the movies "Mulholland Drive", "Lost Highway", "Secret Window", "Usual Suspects", etc., with the two parts of the game telling the same story from the perspectives of two different characters. The first part of the game would be something very cartoonish/comic in the vein of DOTT or CMI, with an "adorably geeky" protagonist like Guybrush or Bernard Bernoulli and his humorous adventures (maybe with some surreal stuff, i. e. aliens, magic, time travel, etc.) The second part of the game would be told from the perspective of another character, with a darker and more realistic style and maybe different gameplay mechanics (think Darkseed), the guy from the first part would be the villain, and it would be revealed that his story from Part 1 was either his delusion or he deliberately made it up. For instance, in the first part he could be telling his story at a police station, implying that he was just an innocent bystander, and the second part would be from the perspective of a police detective, and the "adorably geeky" guy would be the criminal the detective is after.

Danvzare

Quote from: BunnyShoggoth on Fri 02/11/2018 23:57:49
Thank you, I love your idea as well!!! It could also be interesting to combine "classical" 1990s-style adventure and Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain-style interactive drama.

I had an idea somewhat similar to yours which involves an unreliable narrator, inspired by the movies "Mulholland Drive", "Lost Highway", "Secret Window", "Usual Suspects", etc., with the two parts of the game telling the same story from the perspectives of two different characters. The first part of the game would be something very cartoonish/comic in the vein of DOTT or CMI, with an "adorably geeky" protagonist like Guybrush or Bernard Bernoulli and his humorous adventures (maybe with some surreal stuff, i. e. aliens, magic, time travel, etc.) The second part of the game would be told from the perspective of another character, with a darker and more realistic style and maybe different gameplay mechanics (think Darkseed), the guy from the first part would be the villain, and it would be revealed that his story from Part 1 was either his delusion or he deliberately made it up. For instance, in the first part he could be telling his story at a police station, implying that he was just an innocent bystander, and the second part would be from the perspective of a police detective, and the "adorably geeky" guy would be the criminal the detective is after.

That would be awesome. It would be like getting hearing a story from Moriarty, then from Sherlock Holmes.

BunnyShoggoth

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 03/11/2018 11:16:40

That would be awesome. It would be like getting hearing a story from Moriarty, then from Sherlock Holmes.

If you're interested, you may PM me, and we can try to work out something together.

Danvzare

Quote from: BunnyShoggoth on Sat 03/11/2018 21:09:21

If you're interested, you may PM me, and we can try to work out something together.

Well that might be a bit difficult. I'm planning on participating in the current MAGS. But if I remember next month, I might.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 03/11/2018 11:16:40

That sounds a lot like the classic movie Rashomon (except in Rashomon all narrators are unreliable)!
I'd wanted to see such a plot where you play through the same line of events with different characters explored in a video game for a while now, it'd be interesting to see what you would create!

BunnyShoggoth

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 04/11/2018 16:07:52

Well that might be a bit difficult. I'm planning on participating in the current MAGS. But if I remember next month, I might.

If you're still interested, I've recently seen an amazing movie "Under the Silver Lake" which is a deconstruction of the whole "detective story" narrative: the protagonist, an amateur sleuth, is investigating the urban legends of Hollywood and looking for clues in comic books, images on cereal boxes and pop music; he meets some really strange characters which may or may not be imaginary, crosses moral boundaries, and it is implied that he may be going off his rails. The plot is very adventure game-escue, and I believe it may be a great inspiration for "unreliable narrator" stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgUesU1pz4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk