Grosso guaio a Imola Town (Big Trouble in Little Imola) [ITA-ENG]

Started by Jigen Daisuke, Fri 24/08/2018 09:30:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigen Daisuke

Grosso guaio a Imola Town (Big Trouble in Little Imola) [ITA-ENG]

Hi everybody,
after several months of work (alone) I'm proud to show you my first game. :grin:
I love the art of storytelling but when I decided to create the game I was not a computer programmer nor a graphic designer so I studied and did my best! :wink:
"Big Trouble in Little Imola" is a free amatorial game imagined as a tribute for the eighties and nineties pop culture (including adventure movies, videogames, famous characters etc.) set in my hometown.
My only goal is to make the player relax, smile and enjoy the experience :-D

Story
You're Joe, a famous Adventurer called in Imola, Italy (do you know? the former venue of the Formula 1 San Marino Grand Prix) to recover a legendary treasure.
During your visit to the town you will come in contact with several unexcpected mysteries that may help you (or not...?) :wink:

Written & Programmed by: Jacopo Salvi (original work)
Backgrounds and sprites: Jacopo Salvi (partly original work, partly picked from existing games -credited-)
Music: Various Artists (picked from existing games -credited-)

Features:
   -Full game with full story and -maybe- easter-eggs :-D (Approx. duration of the game 2h 30min)
   -NO unfair puzzles
   -'80s and '90s flavour with many references
   -REAL locations and legends (some minor mods for story needs), you can explore Imola and get many real infos about it.
   -Certainly several imperfections caused by my little experience with games and because I'm not a native English speaker

Screenshots:

Database entry/Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2279/

Jigen Daisuke

Fixed, thank you.

You may see the same screenshots following the "Database entry" link :wink:

CaptainD

I love the title and a tribute to the 80s and 90s can never be a bad thing! :-D

Also, many congratulations on finishing your first game, it's a really great feeling and looks like quite an achievement in terms of ths size of the project.  Nice one!

Jigen Daisuke

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 24/08/2018 10:46:48
I love the title and a tribute to the 80s and 90s can never be a bad thing! :-D

Also, many congratulations on finishing your first game, it's a really great feeling and looks like quite an achievement in terms of ths size of the project.  Nice one!

Thank you very much!
You're right, it's a great feeling be able to complete a videogame :grin:
I hope people may enjoy playing the game as much as me, even non-italian peoples!
I tried to explain everything on the game so a foreigner can also explore the town without problems :grin:

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release. I hope to have time to give it a try once I have time. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Click'd

Quote from: TheFrighther on Fri 31/08/2018 09:33:39
Are you involved in "Slap 'n Beans" game?

"Borrowing" sprites sure is a kind of involvement.

Jigen Daisuke

Quote from: TheFrighther on Fri 31/08/2018 09:33:39

Are you involved in "Slap 'n Beans" game?

_

Nope :wink:

I borrowed sprites from here and there (all credited on ending credits) because I'm not a graphic artist :grin:
Big Trouble in Little Imola is only an amatorial "educational" FREE game born to tell a story (all the screenplay was written by me) and to allow Imola Town exploration ;)

However the Slaps 'n Beans team is located in a city near Imola in Italy :grin: I love their work they're great programmers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk