And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

Kastchey

Josiah, this is awful :< hope the game will be at least a little help in keeping your mind off the sad things.

Last minute entry! I'm in. I'm a little nervous, I have never been to a murder party before...

Mandle

Sinitrena

“Dear _

it is so long since we met in _ and I told you all about the little island I decided to buy and the hotel I wanted to built there. Now, finally, I got my finances in order and the house build. It is beautiful! You would not believe it! It is so much more than I imagined and described to you in the grandest terms. They do not come close to reality.

You were the one to stimulate my imagination all these years ago and even though I neglected all traditions of courtesy and never send a letter like I promised to, I would like to make up for this now.

Please, my long lost muse of architecture and romanticism, visit me on _ island before I officially open the hotel, for a little party and a few days of rest and relaxation. All costs of your travels are already paid for and a room awaits you on the second floor, overlooking the rose garden you once described to me (I just hope it meets your expectations.).

Unfortunately, I might not yet have arrived when you do, but please just feel at home and we will meet again later.

Your old friend

_”

The signature is unreadable but as promised, tickets for a train ride lie in the envelope. You do not remember ever meeting someone like it is described in this letter, but who are you to turn down a free vacation?

Besides, the name and address of the letter do meet your own. So you set out on a journey to a little island you have never heard of before.

All invitations have been sent and all guests will receive their identity in the next couple of minutes by PM. Please don't post in this thread until I start the game with my next post.

Current Phase: Set-up

Sinitrena

The train ride is uneventful. At the end of it, a quaint little fisher village lies before you. The grumpy old fisherman who ferries you over to the islands answers all questions you might have with a guttural grunt but over the gathering storm it is difficult to hear him anyway.

Rain clouds hang deep over the ocean and the wind whips your hair around your ears. Lightning flashes over the island that is nothing but a dark form in front of the horizon in front of you. The sea is wild and throws the little boat more over its surface then that it swims.

You are glad when you finally set foot on solid ground again. And when the fisherman grumbles that he won't be back for a few days when the weather is supposed to be better again, you can't really blame him.

You make your way alone up the steep cliffs towards a house on top of it while the sun sets behind the horizon. It gets darker, but hardly so, the coming storm makes it dark enough already.

The house looks old, but from the invitation you know that it should be new. Flickering electric lights invite you into a lobby where other people have already gathered.

Players:

VampireWombat
dayowlron
Riaise
tzachs
Mandle
cat
Stupot
josiah1221
Kastchey

Role Setup:
5 Guests
1 Psychic
1 Nurse
1 Party Host
1 Murderer

This means we have a proportion of 7 to 2, and the good side should be plenty strong, so no free scan for the psychic.

With that, the first day starts, lasting about 48 hours and ending on 21 August between 4 PM and 7 PM BST.

And now the game oficially starts. Get acquainted to your fellow guests, talk, accuse (of what?), maybe even lynch them and get to know the house.

Current Phase: Day 1

cat

I still feel a bit sick from that boat ride, but I hope I can ease my pain with a glass of champaign. I'm kinda worried that I didn't see a butler on the list of roles :P

Mandle

I guess you are all wondering why I invited you here..

Naw, just kidding. I actually have no idea what's going on and Cat just spoiled my diabolical first post so...

Mandle

..how's it going? Everyone looks a bit wet around the ears...

Let's get this party started!!!

Mandle

Let me introduce myself:

My name is Mandle and I'm rather a big thing on Broadway.

Perhaps you might have seen me in such productions as "The Lurker Of The Theater" or "Prancer In The Park"?

Yes? No? Please identify yourselves! Who are you all?!

VampireWombat

I feel a bit seasick. Why isn't there anyone here to greet us? Does this mean we're going to have to find everything ourselves? If so, I don't suppose anyone happens to have seen some crackers? I need something to settle my stomach.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 19/08/2018 14:53:19
I feel a bit seasick. Why isn't there anyone here to greet us? Does this mean we're going to have to find everything ourselves? If so, I don't suppose anyone happens to have seen some crackers? I need something to settle my stomach.

And who might you be? A little background please...

VampireWombat

Oh. We can't even sit down a minute to settle our stomachs first? I really can't think straight with my stomach doing the Charleston.
Can't say I've ever been to Broadway. New York is a bit too large for my tastes. Too bright and noisy.
I am VampireWombat, but I suppose you can call me VW if you want. Or Mr. Wombat. It's doubtful any of you would have heard of me. The sells figures of my last book weren't even as high as the number of people in this room...

cat

Please forgive my impoliteness, I can't think clearly with my stomach still upset.

My name is cat, and I'm a painter. Maybe you have seen one of my water-color paintings in a gallery in London? My focus lies on landscapes and gardens and I hope I can find some nice motives here on this island once the weather clears up.

VampireWombat

Well, at least one sensible person so far. Pleased to meet you, cat. Can't say I've been to London either. For the same reasons I've avoided New York.
I don't suppose you've seen any crackers or someone who could find crackers?

Kastchey

I'm Kastchey. S T C H, and don't worry, everyone has trouble spelling that. I'm an artist, and this is supposed to be the place I helped design a while ago... A part of it at least. I think. I've done a lot similar jobs in the past... Um, has someone seen a newer addition to this entire complex anywhere and can guide me to it? I'd love to see how it turned out.

cat, is any of your paintings on display here? I've seen some impressive pieces near the entrance.

Mandle

Cat, I think I might know of that watercolor work...

In a London gallery, right? The one second in row down from the corner from that delightful deli that serves free food samples all day long to starving acto... >cough< I mean, unfortunate types...

It was a picture of a cat I believe. Hard to forget considering the signature of "Cat".

VampireWombat

Mandle... Mandle... Hmm. It's starting to come to me. You're that actor who tripped and fell off stage and into the lap of a senator's daughter, right?

Mandle

Greetings also to cracker-man and Katschey, who doesn't seem to know if he is an artist or an architect.

One of those new-fangled interior designers perhaps?

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 19/08/2018 15:25:22
Mandle... Mandle... Hmm. It's starting to come to me. You're that actor who tripped and fell off stage and into the lap of a senator's daughter, right?

Sorry crackers, you mistake me... I've never tripped up... EVER!!!

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 19/08/2018 15:30:16
Sorry crackers, you mistake me... I've never tripped up... EVER!!!
Are you sure? I'm rarely wrong about these types of things. Maybe it was under a different name, but I'm quite certain it was you...

Mandle

Mistaken identities are a theme in your "published" works perchance?

Original!

Noone has ever done that befo... >cough< Shakespeare >cough< ..re...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk