And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Not at all. Most of my work has been in various scientific publications. Nothing you'd be able to understand, of course.

Spoiler
Side note related to the game, but not the actual part now.
I found out a couple minutes ago that the Murder Mystery episode of Saved By the Bell will be on tv in 45 minutes.
[close]

Riaise

Hullo, everyone. I'm not interrupting anything, am I? (wtf)

My name is Riaise, and I am a classically trained opera singer. Is there a butler around here somewhere? I need somebody to bring in my luggage.

VampireWombat

Hello Riase, pleased to meet you. I'm afraid there seems to be no help of any kind here. In fact, I'm pretty sure I just saw a light bulb flicker. I'm not even sure if anyone's been here in months...

Stupot

Wow. What a ride. Am I late to the party? My name is Dr. Stuart Pottington. I'm a GP. Pleased to make your respective acquaintances. I wasn't sure whether to bring a gift for our host so I brought a bottle of red and these back-issues of National Geographic and Woman's Weekly from the surgery if anyone is interested. They're a bit soggy now though, after that journey.

Mandle

* Mandle goes out and brings in Riaise's luggage

M'lady...

Kastchey

I feel honoured to be in presence of such esteemed personas.

Oh and Mr. Mandle, I am an artist AND an architect. But you see, as enchanting as this manor is, I'd recognize my own work and this is definitely not something I had a hand in. In fact, this place is at least 70 years old, from the look of it... which is why I assumed there must be a newer wing.

(I do hope this is not some kind of a mistake. It would be so embarassing.)

Mandle

Wait just a... Ksatchey...

You came here thinking you designed the house?!

What did your invitation say?!

Mine said I was invited here to perform my immortal rendition of that Scottish play...

What did everyone else's say?!

Riaise

Thank you for bringing in my luggage, Mr. Mandle. :-* I was invited here to perform an aria at the grand opening of the hotel.

I must say, I'm not very impressed with our accommodation. And I don't suppose our host has put on any entertainment for us. Dr. Pottington, I'll take an issue of Woman's Weekly, if you don't mind.

VampireWombat

My letter was vague and merely promised that what I'd find here would be useful in my research.

I would like an issue of National Geographic if you don't mind Dr. Pottington. Maybe if I take it apart lay it out on a rock outside it will be readable in a few hours.

Mandle

Hotel?!

This is no hotel!!!

What did everyone else's invites say?!

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this!

VampireWombat

If this is in fact a hotel, then the lack of help is even worse than I thought...
Spoiler
Time to watch Saved By The Bell.
[close]

Stupot

*handing out the soggy magazines*

According to my invitation, I was brought here on the basis of my oratory skills. My being a medical professional is nothing to do with anything. I initially rejected the invitation. My dinner-speaking service does not usually come without a fee. But I was too intrigued by the location. I expect I will bring up the topic of payment at an appropriate time. Where is the host, anyway?

And where are the corkscrews?

Kastchey

I was invited to view my design vision become reality on a blossoming, secluded paradise of an island.

And, uh... I mean, this estate certainly has its own charm... in a way... and um, it might be called a paradise in a different season, perhaps... *cough* I don't mean it in a bad way, not at all, but what I'm trying to say is that this place is far from anything I would envision even in my early years as an architect.

Also, um, would anyone kindly remind me what the host's last name was? I am really quite bad with names, and I wouldn't want to offend our gracious host. The letter has been very... artistically signed. I can't make out what it says.

VampireWombat

I'm not quite as forgiving. This place is a dump and the island is only adequate for sea turtles taking a rest while heading to a better location.

As for the host's last name, I thought that was just a doodle that was scribbled in between thoughts.

cat

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 19/08/2018 15:19:15
It was a picture of a cat I believe. Hard to forget considering the signature of "Cat".
Ah, this must have been "Cat in lavender field".

Quote from: Kastchey on Sun 19/08/2018 15:12:21
cat, is any of your paintings on display here? I've seen some impressive pieces near the entrance.
Now that you mentioned it, none of paintings is on display here. This is really weird, because according to my invitation our host admires my work and asked me to come here and paint his rose garden.

Doctor, I hope you will find a corkscrews soon, I could use some wine right now.

dayowlron

Sorry for the late arrival guys. I am dayowlron or you can call me the owl man. I am surprised I haven't run across Mandle before as I used to run sound, lights and stage direction on Broadway. I have always been a behind the scenes type. Good to be here and think I have finally got over the seasickness.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

dayowlron

As far as my invitation it just said my services could be useful and now I am thinking that maybe it was so I could set up a stage with sound for Riaise to perform that aria. Was hoping for more of a vacation than a working vacation though. oh well.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

Nice to meet you owl man. There is one problem with your theory about setting up a stage. Set up a stage where? And using what equipment?
Unless you brought your own equipment, there doesn't seem to be much chance. Of course I'm not a professional in music or sound, but I suppose it is possible there might be natural acoustics somewhere that could work.
At this point I'm wondering if we're supposed to have a free for all on choosing rooms or if they've been somehow chosen for us. Or worse, what if we have to solve logic based puzzle games to get keys for our rooms?

Kastchey

Quote from: cat on Sun 19/08/2018 20:08:02
Now that you mentioned it, none of paintings is on display here. This is really weird, because according to my invitation our host admires my work and asked me to come here and paint his rose garden.
Oh. My invitation says, in almost exact same words, that the host admired my vision of a manor surrounded by a rose garden that I had sketched for him on a social gathering a few years back. He did express his regret that I had not been available to personally architect this new property for him, but he was hoping I could find time now to design a smaller dwelling for himself nearby.

This cannot be a mistake, now can it...? Maybe there really is a newer building nearby, the one I had designed, with cat's paintings on display and enough space for Riaise and the crew to deliver the performance? Has anyone seen a rose garden around? Or been outside for a walk?

dayowlron

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 19/08/2018 21:22:54
There is one problem with your theory about setting up a stage. Set up a stage where? And using what equipment?
*looks around*
Well that is true, there doesn't seem to be any equipment around. Maybe I can find the sweet spot in one of these rooms that will provide good acoustics.
Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 19/08/2018 21:22:54
At this point I'm wondering if we're supposed to have a free for all on choosing rooms or if they've been somehow chosen for us. Or worse, what if we have to solve logic based puzzle games to get keys for our rooms?
You know that is a good question. Where will we sleep?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk