And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

*walks through the front entrance*
There is no rose garden, in fact there is little to nothing but rocks and this heap of an excuse for a... Oh, my apologies, my name is Josiah and I work for a shipping carrier back in the States. I received a congratulatory letter for winning an "all expense paid luxurious seaside vacation". Needless to say, I was beyond excited! I've never won anything before and it's been years since I've had any kind of proper vacation. So I packed my bag and now here I am. But this is certainly not what I was expecting. Seaside, yes... luxurious... hardly!

tzachs

Hello everybody. I must apologize for my tardiness, yet it's not easy to a man of my age to make this long journey.
Allow me to introduce myself: I am Thomas Jolly the 3rd, son of Thomas Jolly the 2nd, and grandson of Thomas Jolly the 6th.
I come from a long tradition of service providers, and been a butler for most of my life (give or take a few years in which I've tried to be an entrepreneur, but it didn't pan out).
I know I am not as esteemed as you, but I take pride in my work, and have even won several butler of the year awards (although no awards in the last few years, butler is a young man's game). It seems that I am not the only who values my work, as I've received a wonderful letter from our host admiring the service I have once given to the host, several years back.
Though I must confess, I do not remember our host, my memory is not as it once was, I'm afraid.
Anyway, the host has asked me to serve you for the duration of the party, and even though I'm not getting payed, I agreed as I were told that if I would not attend there will be no butler(!), which I found appalling.
I did not receive any further instructions, I'm afraid, so I don't really know where are this house supplies and where are the keys but I'll do my best to provide you the best service on this island.
Let me search the house now for some crackers and wine, as you must be hungry and in need of a drink. Let me know if you need anything, anything at all.

Mandle

Quote from: tzachs on Mon 20/08/2018 01:43:43
Allow me to introduce myself: I am Thomas Jolly the 3rd, son of Thomas Jolly the 2nd, and grandson of Thomas Jolly the 6th.

Fascinating family tree you have there. Is time-travel somehow involved?

Kastchey

No rose garden? No new wing? The butler not being paid for his work? Oh dear. This is not good. Not good at all.

Things have been going downhill ever since the stock prices drop, and I desperately need a new contract...

Mr. Mandle! Miss Riaise! Ms. cat! Might any of you be looking to have yourself built a new glamourous estate, well tailored to your social status? Dr. Pottington, perhaps a famous surgeon such as yourself would be...?

Here is one of my rose garden designs, please do take a look:

I assure you none of my works looks anything like this... curiosity that serves as our accommodation.

VampireWombat

No wonder this place is in such ruins. The owner can't even afford to pay the butler. And now that I think of it, how does this place have working electricity? I suppose it would require some kind of generator. But that would require someone to maintain it. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost all power in the middle of the night.
But I am glad Thomas Jolly III has joined us, even if he's not being paid. Hopefully he will be able to find something of use.
I guess it's time for the logic puzzles? I don't suppose anyone has seen a game board lying around anywhere? Or statues with missing limbs?

Mandle

Good news everyone!!!

I found a leftover dagger at the bottom of my luggage from when I was performing that Scottish play...

I have managed to pry a few corks out of some bottles of wine!!!

Everyone is welcome to some except for tzachs... I don't want to put his other foot into the grave just yet.

Oh, and (breaking the 4th wall)...

tzachs for my lynch vote!!!

Posing as the obvious "the butler always did it" role seems just a bit too clever to me...

Mandle

Maybe in this case we don't actually "lynch" people as it seems a bit out of character for the situation...

Perhaps the game host might agree but I suggest that "lynch" votes could become "lock up" votes where players are locked up in the wine cellar or whatever instead of killed...

Of course the game mechanic is exactly the same, but it just makes the town players seem less bloodthirsty. The "locked up" player is still knocked out of the game as usual and their role is revealed.

Just cosmetic stuff...

So, yeah, I think tzachs might be deserving of being "locked up"...

What do you all think about me saying this?!

Stupot

Well, I for one am famished. And we can hardly drink this wine without something to wash it down with (or should that be something to wash down with it?) Are we getting dinner at some point? What say we locate the dining hall and take it from there?

OOC
It does seem a bit weird having to lynch someone when our characters don't even know that one of them is going to get murdered tonight.

VampireWombat

Ugh. That stuff smells horrible. Are you sure it's not cooking wine?

ooc: Isn't it a bit early to want to lynch, lock up, or do anything else with someone? I mean, if the butler did it, what exactly did he do? It's not like anyone is dead or otherwise harmed yet.

Mandle

OOC: If we don't start playing OOC at some point then the game won't progress far... We can't pretend forever that we, as players, don't know the structure of how the game runs...

I have just put my vote out there and asking what people think of it...

Sinitrena

To be honest, I just didn't expect anyone getting lynched in the first day phase and after that a murder will have taken place, so lynching makes more sense then. Lynching or locking up, this really is just a word for what is from a game point-of-view the same thing. Simply put, "lynch" is just a game term. Call it whatever you want while playing, bolding a player's name is considered a lynch vote for me, even if you say you want to lock up NAME or arrest NAME or whatever else.

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 20/08/2018 16:06:46
OOC
It does seem a bit weird having to lynch someone when our characters don't even know that one of them is going to get murdered tonight.

This is a reminder that the players do not HAVE to lynch anybody.

Mandle

Quote from: Sinitrena on Mon 20/08/2018 16:17:53
To be honest, I just didn't expect anyone getting lynched in the first day phase and after that a murder will have taken place, so lynching makes more sense then. Lynching or locking up, this really is just a word for what is from a game point-of-view the same thing. Simply put, "lynch" is just a game term. Call it whatever you want while playing, bolding a player's name is considered a lynch vote for me, even if you say you want to lock up NAME or arrest NAME or whatever else.

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 20/08/2018 16:06:46
OOC

This is a reminder that the players do not HAVE to lynch anybody.

Yeah, everything I suggested is just cosmetic. The actual gameplay doesn't change. Looking forward to what you do with your writing of each scene this time!

VampireWombat

ooc: To be honest, I see no reason to lynch tzachs. If I were to lynch anyone at this point, it would be Mandle. There's just something off about his character...

Riaise

Oh, good, I'll take a glass of wine! Or three. *hic* (laugh)

Mr. Mandle, I am somewhat perturbed by the suggestion that the butler is up to something. What on earth could he be up to here, on this remote island, with a group of complete strangers? ??? And if we lock him up, who will bring me my breakfast in the morning?! 8-0

I say that once this little soiree is over, and we have all found our rooms, we should try to get a good night's sleep so that we can sort out what is going on in the morning. But until then, more wine anyone? :-D

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 20/08/2018 16:29:25
ooc: To be honest, I see no reason to lynch tzachs. If I were to lynch anyone at this point, it would be Mandle. There's just something off about his character...

OOC:

Then make it an actual vote and let's see how people react.

New players to the WW/Mafia game genre usually just sit out Day Phase #1 thinking that it is not important yet as nobody knows anything so what's the point, right?! The Seer will do their work, right?!

It's an important round to look back on later on and see how people reacted to various votes.

Even if nobody gets lynched it's an important round to at least make a stand and cast a vote in.

cat

Finally some wine!

@Mandle: Could you please hold back a bit with this tactic stuff? I think it ruins our role play experience right now :-\
This said, I'm with Stupot and against lynching anyone.

tzachs

I managed to find crackers in one of the cupboards. They feel a little stale, I'm afraid, but still edible. I've put them in a bowl in the main hall, you may help yourselves.
I see you found wine, I'm happy, as the wine cellar doesn't seem to have any wine. It did have alcohol, though, just not a flavor I recognize.
The label on the bottle says "Wolfsbane Mojito". If you want something stronger than wine you can find it next to the crackers. I took a sip and it's quite pungent.

So, what did I miss?
Oh, what's that?
Lock me up?
Why, I never...

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 20/08/2018 07:37:28
Fascinating family tree you have there. Is time-travel somehow involved?
I was all intending to share my family secrets with you, but now, well, I don't think you deserve this, sir. I'm afraid my family secrets will now go with me in the grave. Which I'm afraid might be soon if you lock me up, I won't hold on for long in there, and my blood will be on your conscience, young sir.

tzachs

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 20/08/2018 15:38:08
Posing as the obvious "the butler always did it" role seems just a bit too clever to me...

Oh, and also consider the option that the butler didn't do it!

dayowlron

I agree with not lynching anyone the first round, just because we need the psychic to have an attempt at gaining some intelligence before much happens, that is why i suggested before the game began that the psychic should get a free scan so the games could begin, but I agree with a slight advantage of (what is it? 7 to 2) that it would work its way out.
I found a refrigerator.
*looks in refrigerator*
hey guys I found some cheese to go with the crackers. not sure why its green though. lol. try at your own risk.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Kastchey

During a quite delightful social gathering, one very esteemed person has told me - in secret! - that she has heard from her uncle, also a very esteemed person, that he had spoken to someone whose trusted friend had witnessed that the butler really did do it! 8-0

On the other hand, I myself have once been mistakenly, outrageously and unfairly accused of coming into possession of a certain very exceptional silver fork, only because I could not compliment its beauty enough the day before. I have eventually been cleared of all charges, but it has been an extremely unpleasant and embarrassing experience which I would not wish upon Mr. Jolly should it turn out he had nothing to do with us being stranded in this place.

OOC:
Spoiler
As far as the roleplay goes, I think our characters *could* cast their lynch vote on the first night without sounding too weird by suspecting, for example, that they have fallen victim to a nasty prank or are being held on the island for a ransom and someone among the group is working with the prankster/criminal.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk