And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

*in deep thought*
Luxurious vacation... all expenses paid...  I should have known it was too good to be true. (wrong)

*thinking out loud*
"Wolfsbane Mojito"? Well, I guess that's as luxurious as it's gonna get.

*heads to the main hall*
It's certainly not gonna drink itself!

Riaise

Wait. Wolfsbane? You...you don't think there are wolves on this island, do you? 8-0

VampireWombat

Wolfsbane mojito? In a bottle? Ugh. Cocktails should never be premixed in a bottle. Especially since if it's like a regular mojito using wolfsbane instead of mint, the leaves should be fresh. But I suppose it has to be better than that dreadful wine.

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Mon 20/08/2018 16:44:44
@Mandle: Could you please hold back a bit with this tactic stuff? I think it ruins our role play experience right now :-\

Hmmmm... This kinda made me feel a bit bad about maybe having spoiled the mood in a casual game that people are having a lot of fun with...

But then I thought about what you might actually be doing. Maybe your plan was to shame me into shutting up for now, until maybe I'm killed in the first night phase?

So, switching my vote to Cat.

Waiting on the psychic to provide everything we need is a pretty sure chance of losing the game. Looking at voting patterns in WW/mafia games is as vital as looking at betting patterns in poker. Anyone who wants to suppress talk about tactics usually screams "scum player".

Not a lot of time left before night comes so let's see some votes!

The roleplaying aspect is a ton of fun but at some point we have to actually start playing the game as well.

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Sun 19/08/2018 21:04:09
I am surprised I haven't run across Mandle before as I used to run sound, lights and stage direction on Broadway.

Oh, at several points in my career I was involved in less well known, but hugely more artistic, projects off-Broadway...

Sometimes way... waaay... off-Broadway...

Nevertheless these are some of the more proud moments of my caree...

Wait, did someone mention cocktails?!

Sinitrena

That is not what you expected. The house can hardly be considered modern, let alone grand, magnificent, luxurious or what else you read in this letter that know seems like some kind of scam to you.

At least, your new acquaintances, various kinds of artists mostly, seem nice enough and so you drink and talk to them late into the night. Still, your host has not arrived when it is time to retire to your rooms and considering the wind howling around the cliffs and shaking the window blinds, the electric lights flickering and the very noticeable cracking and creaking of the whole house, you doubt he will show up any time soon.

Lightning flashes bright and glaring over the house, thunder shakes it to its core and thick rain drops patter against the windows and a roof you have serious doubt will withstand the onslaught of the storm.

At least your room is warm and, even though it is not comfortable, it is at least practical with a large bed and a small washstand in the corner that actually has running water. Granted, it is a bit brown and ice cold but it is better than nothing.

You fall into a light and fitful sleep.

Votes:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: -
dayowlron: -
Riaise: -
tzachs: -
Mandle: tzachs cat
cat: -
Stupot: -
josiah1221: -
Kastchey: -

Nothing happens.
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat
dayowlron
Riaise
tzachs
Mandle
cat
Stupot
josiah1221
Kastchey
[close]

Role Setup:

Spoiler
5 Guests
1 Psychic
1 Nurse
1 Party Host
1 Murderer
[close]

And it is night. I'm sure you know this by now: Night Phase lasts about 24 hours from now on, mainly depending on my schedule, posting is not allowed during Night Phase and players with abilities should send me their actions now.

Current Phase: Night 1

Sinitrena

And wake just minutes later to thunder shaking the whole house. You lay awake in your bed, listening to the sounds of the old house and of your involuntary neighbours. One voice seems to pierce through the whole building, straight into your mind, shrill and screechy.

You are sure this is usually a lovely voice, but coming from somebody drunk and in the middle of the night, all singing exercises just sound grating. You turn around in your bed, press the pillow over your head but the sound just doesn't go away. And once you started listening to it, you can't stop it.

More than once you want to jump out of bed, go to the next room and just strangle this famous opera singer.

At some point, she must have stopped singing, because you then only remember waking up with the worst headache of your life. You stumble out of bed, hoping beyond hope that a breakfast would be provided and meet your fellow guests in the lobby.

They are all there, all looking just as tired as you and only

Spoiler
Riaise
[close]
is missing. No wonder, as she was singing late into the night.

You start to gossip with the other guests, angry that the opera singer just had to practice her arias after midnight, suggesting jokingly that only someone strangling her could have stopped the singing, but when morning becomes noon, you all get worried.

Her room is just as sparsely furnished as your own but she has managed to make it her own in just a few hours. There is
Spoiler
a photo of her singing the Lucia in Donizetti's Lucia di Lammamoor, a costume over the back of an old chair in the corner and a stack of cards with an artistically drawn picture of her and her signature already on it.
[close]

But your look wanders past all this without really noticing, because it is drawn to her bed. The opera singer lies on her back, not ready for bed but instead wearing an elegant cocktail dress. Her feather boa, artistically dragged around her neck was pulled just a bit too tight. It obscures the marks on her neck but it is still obvious. The other end of the feather boa, lilac against the black of the dress, forms the number 7 on her chest.

Spoiler
Riaise
[close]
is dead.

This night
Spoiler
Riaise, who was
Spoiler
a normal Guest
[close]
[close]
was murdered.

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: alive
dayowlron: alive
Riaise: strangled with her own feather boa in Night 1
tzachs: alive
Mandle: alive
cat: alive
Stupot: alive
josiah1221: alive
Kastchey: alive
[close]

Role Setup:

Spoiler
4 Guests
1 Psychic
1 Nurse
1 Party Host
1 Murderer
[close]

The Night is over, the Day Phase begins. The killed players are no longer allowed to post in this thread but may communicated with other players through other means.

The Day will end in about 2 real life days, on 24 August between 4 PM and 7 PM BST.

Current Phase: Day 2

Mandle

During the night I sensed my mind being probed during my deepest dreams of standing ovations and darkest nightmares of audiences throwing rotten fruit!

And such feelings proved to be slightly more than mere fancy.

Before we gathered together this morning a certain someone tapped my elbow as a signal and pulled me aside to whisper:

"I have psychic powers and have seen that you are but an innocent Guest upon this godforsaken island. You must work with me as my mouthpiece!"

And so I'm now asking the Nurse to PM me with their identity and I can tell that person who to guard in the coming night phase...

Of course, who am I to be trusted about anything I say?

I could have had blood on my hands this morning before washing them in the cold water sinks in our rooms for all anyone knows.

The Nurse is welcome to doubt me but it's really just a coin-toss.

If you believe my bold claims then PM me and we can begin to work together to guard both myself and the Psychic. This is a fast-track course for a town win!

If you do not believe me then do not PM me but consider guarding me tonight as the murder(s) will be out to kill the Psychic's spokesman if they have no leads on who the Psychic themself is.

Kastchey

Oh no. No no no no no. Miss Riaise...

Mr. Wombat! I believe I have seen you drinking wine yesterday. Do you not think it was your duty to stay vigilant and protect the diva instead? Have you made any effort at all?

VampireWombat

Kastchey You are mistaken. I took one sniff of that stuff and complained that it smelled like cooking wine.
And why would it have my duty to protect anyone other than myself? If her life is more valuable than anyone else's, then why did you not protect her? Besides, who was I supposed to protect her from? I had no idea she'd sing in the middle of the night and anger one of you enough to strangle her...

Kastchey

I, uh... Why, me, I am obviously not fit to...

Ah, I apologize, Mr. Wombat. I can be quick-tempered sometimes. I may have unfairly assumed that because you are of a lowly profession, it was your duty to stay sober.
You do seem to know a lot about good wine, might you be of a more noble family that has fallen into some sort of a financial hardship...?

cat

How terrible! I mean, the nightly singing was annoying, but nothing that would justify such a cruel murder 8-0

So, we have a murderer among us. We are trapped on this island and there is no way to call the police. What shall we do?

VampireWombat

Writing is considered a lowly profession? I have yet to meet a writer who also is a hired thug. Not that writing is actually my profession. Just no one asked beyond that. I am a professor, even if it at a fairly small university. The writing is mostly to maintain my position and to receive grants.
I also never said I know of good wine. But I have been to enough events to know the difference between decent wine and cooking wine.
I suppose I should have said more sooner, but the nausea from the trip and my annoyance at the circumstances made me be as brief as possible.

dayowlron

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 22/08/2018 18:14:22
If you believe my bold claims then PM me and we can begin to work together to guard both myself and the Psychic. This is a fast-track course for a town win!
I am wondering if this is just a trick to get the nurse to protect you.
That leads me to wonder.
if you are the Psychic you would be a good one to protect, however the murder group would just wait till the next round and kill you since the nurse can't protect you 2 days in a row and you may have given up your identity which doesnt sound like something an experienced player would have done.
if you are the nurse you would need to know who the psychic was to be able to protect them and you wouldn't be asking for the nurse to PM you unless that too is a trick.
if you are just a guest then this would be a way to trick the nurse to protecting you but don't know to what end.
This leads me to think that you might be a murderer and you are trying to get the nurse to protect you so none of the other guests are protected unless I am overthinking things at this point. I think the nurse needs to figure out someone else to protect so I hope the nurse doesn't PM you.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Kastchey

Oh... I see. From the hasty introduction I had presumed you were a copy boy, or maybe a typist. Or one of those pesky journalists, perhaps. What an embarrassing mistake.
I would say pleased to make your late acquaintance, Professor, but alas, tonight we are all as far from pleased as we can be...

Ms. cat, are you confident that one of our esteemed group could have committed this atrocity? This is a huge building, a skilled criminal could have easily hidden themselves among its corridors. You said you had been all around the manor looking for your paintings, and as a painter you must be perceptive. Have you seen no glimpse of a stranger? No suspicious rustle behind a curtain? Anything...?

cat

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 22/08/2018 18:14:22
Before we gathered together this morning a certain someone tapped my elbow as a signal and pulled me aside to whisper:
"I have psychic powers and have seen that you are but an innocent Guest upon this godforsaken island. You must work with me as my mouthpiece!"

The Nurse is welcome to doubt me but it's really just a coin-toss.

Isn't it more for the psychic to doubt you?
I see two options:
In case you made this all up, then the psychic shall step up and say so. Sure, he or she could be killed during next night, but chances are the nurse will help. And you, Mr. Mandle, will be thrown of the cliff of the island, because only a murderer would dare to play such a cruel game with us!
The other option is that you were indeed contacted by the psychic. But how will you know that the person who contacts you is really a nurse? It could be a murderer in disguise! Unless, of course, two people contact you 8-0. Then one of them is probably a murderer.

My suggestion for the nurse - whoever it may be - would be to wait a bit and give the psychic a chance to accuse Mandle of an nefarious lie, if it was one. Otherwise, contacting him might be a wise decision.

cat

Quote from: Kastchey on Wed 22/08/2018 21:12:34
Ms. cat, are you confident that one of our esteemed group could have committed this atrocity? This is a huge building, a skilled criminal could have easily hidden themselves among its corridors. You said you had been all around the manor looking for your paintings, and as a painter you must be perceptive. Have you seen no glimpse of a stranger? No suspicious rustle behind a curtain? Anything...?
Of course, there could be someone hidden somewhere. But I checked all the curtains (I secretly admire their pattern) and our butler thoroughly searched the cellar for drinks. I'm quite confident that there is no-one else here.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Kastchey on Wed 22/08/2018 21:12:34
Oh... I see. From the hasty introduction I had presumed you were a copy boy, or maybe a typist. Or one of those pesky journalists, perhaps. What an embarrassing mistake.
I would say pleased to make your late acquaintance, Professor, but alas, tonight we are all as far from pleased as we can be...
It's alright. I do wonder how mentioning writing a book with poor sales, but mostly writing for scientific journals would lead you to any of those conclusions. Those who write for scientific journals tend to be either scientists or professors. No actual journalists involved.
But yes, it is hard to be pleased at anything at the moment.
Unfortunately I'm not of much use in this case. I don't have any equipment with me. And even if I did, at best all I could do is rule out a big foot or a chupacabra having killed her.

Kastchey

In all honesty Professor, I stopped paying attention to your words the moment I lay my eyes on your clothing, which, admittedly, did not help my poor judgement. I cared not to make elaborate conclusions regarding the nature of your profession.

(Roleplay aside, I am a complete noob at this game so at a risk of sounding like an idiot (or a fellow murderer :/) - I think it is not unlikely for Mandle to have really been scanned the first night. He had been the most vocal, and accused two players in the first round. But then again, he called for the exactly same thing in the previous game when he was a wolf.)

VampireWombat

Ah, the nouveau riche. Assuming if you don't flaunt your wealth, you must not have any. Not that I am wealthy, of course. But I am in the top of my field of cryptobiology. It's just that the pay isn't what it should be. But there is more to life than wealth and fine suits.

ooc: Yeah, Mandle could be playing a trick on us all. But it's up to the nurse to decide if it's worth the risk or not. And since luckily that's not my job this time...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk