And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 27/08/2018 00:24:22
Look at them trying to get their stories straight. They clearly realise they've messed up and now their knickers are in their respective twists.

I'd say the next time we meet up in RL we both deserve a deko-pin from each other.

tzachs

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sun 26/08/2018 23:09:40
If Stupot is "scum" and gets lynched then come tomorrow we will know Mandle has been telling the truth, for the most part. If Stupot is the Psychic then we will know Mandle has been lying the whole time. I know this is gonna seem very suspicious and possibly get me killed but I vote: Mandle
At this point Stupot's story checks out more than Mandle's story, but I still think that lynching Stupot is the right move for us. Here's the breakdown of all scenarios:

Stupot lynched and is psych -> we win (we're 3-2 but know that Mandle & Cat are the murderers)
Stupot lynched and is scum -> we're 4-1
Mandle lynched and is town -> we're 2-1 (after we lynch Stupot the following day)
Mandle lynched and is scum -> we're 4-1 (and no, we still won't be able to take Stupot at his word that Cat is the other murderer, because it's possible that Mandle and Stupot are the 2 murderers)

So lynching Stupot is clearly the right thing to do, even if you're 99% certain that Mandle is the murderer and Stupot is the psych.

Anyway, here's another nail in Mandle's coffin: dayowlron has responded to my question, and no, he did not contact the actual psych, he chose to believe Mandle at his word. If Mandle is telling the truth, then it simply boggles the mind that the psych did not contact dayowlron to verify Mandle's story yet.
If Mandle is lying, then it's also weird that the real psych didn't contact dayowlron to contradict Mandle's story, however if Stupot is the psych and only read the thread after already being accused by Mandle, then it does make sense that Stupot simply chose to come clean in front of everybody and then telling dayowlron is irrelevant.

Mandle

Quote from: tzachs on Mon 27/08/2018 04:31:48
At this point Stupot's story checks out more than Mandle's story,

Did you completely forget this:

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/08/2018 09:07:51
If you ask Dayowlron, he will tell you that Mandle asked him to protect Cat. This is because Mandle and Cat are working together.

And after Dayowlron confirmed that this is not what happened Stupot says:

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/08/2018 22:50:49
Quote from: TzachsSo Dayowlron contacted me and said that Mandle asked him to tell me that he didn't ask him to protect Cat.

So Dayowlron PMed you all telling you something that Mandle asked him to tell you, rather than telling you the truth. Okay. Got it.

So, here Stupot is claiming that Dayowlron is lying to everyone even though he is on the town team. Why would he do that?!

Stupot

No, I never said Dayowlron is lying. Just that he seems to have chosen to believe you and passed on a message that you asked him to pass on.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 27/08/2018 05:28:09
No, I never said Dayowlron is lying. Just that he seems to have chosen to believe you and passed on a message that you asked him to pass on.

He chose to believe me about whether or not he had protected Cat?

(laugh)

Kastchey

Sorry for the OT, but I couldn't resist. Is deko-pin some sort of junk food abbreviated in a typical Japanese way that just wasn't a thing a few years ago when I was living there? :D

Mandle

Quote from: Kastchey on Mon 27/08/2018 06:52:48
Sorry for the OT, but I couldn't resist. Is deko-pin some sort of junk food abbreviated in a typical Japanese way that just wasn't a thing a few years ago when I was living there? :D

Hahaha, no, it's flicking someone on the forehead with the flat of your fingernail.

VampireWombat

tzachs

I finished cleaning up all of the blood, so I can cook for you something if you want, Stupot.
There's not much, I'm afraid. I found some stale rice and we still have some more crackers left, but that's about it.
So I guess I can make, rice cakes?

Of course, if we're desperate, there is something else I can cook...

Mandle

By the way. This is Stupot's post that led me down the path to asking the Psychic to scan him as the most likely scum player:

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 24/08/2018 00:14:40
I get the feeling that Mandle is sort of telling the truth but has something up his sleeve. I feel that if he he's lying about anything it is because he is in fact himself the nurse or something like that and he is testing to see if someone else comes forward. If this is true then he may or may not have been genuinely contacted by the psychic. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow because the psychic can scan another town member and let us know whether Mandle has been making it all up. In which case we lynch him.

As for who the killers are, I am none the wiser. Just based on behaviour I'm torn between two.

In this thread I called him out mostly on the fact that he said he was torn between two people when, very obviously, there are two killers so there was no reason for him to be deciding between two people. It could have been both.

But this is not really what tipped me off.

The main factor was that he put forward the theory that I could be, in fact, the Nurse ("or something like that").

Now, why would a Town player say something like that out loud in the thread for all the Scum players to hear even if they thought it was a possibility?

A Town player would play such thoughts much closer to the chest.

Sinitrena

When you return to the dining hall, when you try to think, the image of the blood never leaves you. But another image fights itself into the forefront of your mind, the image of a bag laying on the ground. Did it belong to the victim? Or the murderer? There is a doctor among you, isn't there?

You can't help but look over to

Spoiler
Stupot
[close]
again and again, to watch him, to analyse every word he says, every move he makes. You look deep into his eyes, into his shifty eyes. There is something wrong with the way he acts, the way he looks at you all.

Well, if you are honest, all eyes have become shifty, nervous, including your own. Something is wrong here, really, really wrong. One murder might be a spontaneous act, but two? Did the stage-hand see something he shouldn't have?

You don't know, but you start to question

Spoiler
Stupot.
[close]
What questions do you ask? You don't know yourself, you don't really remember afterwards, but suddenly he jumps up from his seat and runs out into the still raging storm. You all follow, running after him, down the path leading to the cliffs.

You catch up with him at the very edge. Wind howls around your ears, rain patters onto your heads. Thunder still cracks and shakes the earth.

In the noise of the weather you hardly hear his words.

Spoiler
...you all... not alone... mastermind...
[close]
before he slips or jumps, or a gust of wind catches him? Maybe one of you was even close enough to push him? You truly do not remember, later, when all this is over.

But you do remember his scream, even over the storm, a scream that only stops when the body splashes onto the sharp stones deep below.

Now, you are a murderer too, but at least you can hope that this was the last death to take place on this islands. Still, you do not sleep well, of course you don't. His scream haunts you in your dreams and his last words? What do they mean?

Votes:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: Stupot josiah1221 Stupot
tzachs: Stupot
Mandle: Stupot
cat: Stupot
Stupot: Mandle
josiah1221: Mandle
Kastchey: Stupot

5 votes for Stupot
2 vote for Mandle

You lynch Stupot, who was
Spoiler
the normal Murderer.
[close]
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: alive
dayowlron: bludgeoned to death with a spotlight in Night 2 (Role: Nurse)
Riaise: strangled with her own feather boa in Night 1 (Role: Guest)
tzachs: alive
Mandle: alive
cat: alive
Stupot: run off the cliffs by everyone on Day 3 (Role: Murderer)
josiah1221: alive
Kastchey: alive
[close]

Role Setup:

Spoiler
4 Guests
1 Psychic
0 Nurses
1 Party Host
0 Murderers
[close]

It is night again and we still have one murderer on the loose. Psychic, who would you like to scan, Party Host, who would you like to kill? Let me know by PM. Everyone else, wait patiently for day to return in about 24 hours.

Current Phase: Night 3

Sinitrena

You do not exactly sleep, but you do doze off a couple of times, only to wake up with a start right after. Is this a stranger in your room? Or only a shadow? Was this thunder or a gunshot you just heard?

Predictably, you stumble more than you walk downstairs in the morning and are not surprised to find somebody already sitting in the lobby, a glass of red wine in front of him. He has obviously fallen asleep here, too tired from the events of the last few days to drag himself to bed.

As a matter of fact, you could do with a glass of wine yourself, even at this early hour. You sit down next to

Spoiler
Mandle
[close]
and eye his wine with a certain sense of weariness. When the smell of almonds reaches your nose, your mouth begins to water.

You have the glass already on your lips when the smell wakes a memory in your mind. What does the smell of almonds mean again? Cyanide? And who brought this bottle along? Wasn't it Dr. Stuart Pottington? You turn to your side, checking the not really sleeping person next to you and find him dead as you expected by now.

You take the bottle into your hand, checking the label â€" there is only the number 5 on it â€" and smelling it. Now, the poison whiffs clearly into your nose.

You can't help but laugh, about the whole situation, about the deaths, about the irony that, of all people,

Spoiler
Mandle, whose name means almond in German,
[close]
was killed with cyanide, just about everything. You laugh until your chest hurts.

When the clock strikes the full hour, you have the presence of mind to leave before someone finds you like that. It would not look good if someone saw you laughing next to another dead body.

(Note: The spelling of the German word for almond is slightly different from Mandle's username. It's Mandel, but I always think of almonds when I read his name. Just so you don't take this as a clue that the remaining murderer must speak German, this death method is completely on me. I did not receive a request for a method this night.)

This night
Spoiler
Mandle, who was
Spoiler
a normal Guest
[close]
was killed.
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat: alive
dayowlron: bludgeoned to death with a spotlight in Night 2 (Role: Nurse)
Riaise: strangled with her own feather boa in Night 1 (Role: Guest)
tzachs: alive
Mandle: drank a glass of poisoned wine in Night 3 (Role: Guest)
cat: alive
Stupot: run off the cliffs by everyone on Day 3 (Role: Murderer)
josiah1221: alive
Kastchey: alive
[close]

Role Setup:

Spoiler
3 Guests
1 Psychic
0 Nurses
1 Party Host
0 Murderers
[close]

With only one player left on the bad side, the good side can win the game in this round and all following day phases.

Day Phase lasts until 30. August between 4 PM and 7 PM BST.

Current Phase: Day 4

VampireWombat

Well, I can't say I'm surprised Mandle was next. His death is certainly a blow, but we still have hope.

tzachs

So Mandle was saying the truth all along? Huh.
We will avenge you, dear Mandle!

Also, I thank the murderers who listened to me and made this a clean murder without any blood. Nice, kind murderers- I will write a good yelp review on you guys.

Alright, so back to business: we now know that the psych scanned Mandle on night 1 and Stupot on night 2, both are now dead, so it's almost like starting a new game.
If the psych scanned the party host last night, she/he should come forward now. If it's true, we win tonight, if it's wrong, we'll win tomorrow.
If the psych scanned a guest, then, well.. I'm not sure what should be the next step (except obviously the psych should tell the guest that), any thoughts?

Kastchey

Poor Mr. Mandle, at the very peak of his professional career... and what do WE do now? A hope, Professor? What makes you say that? Do you really think we can have any hope, stranded on this desolate island with someone killing us off one by one...?

OOC: Despite what the daft douchebag architect I'm roleplaying might think, with the Psychic still alive no matter what happens now the town has already won, so the Party Host may as well reveal themselves.
My gut feeling says it is VampireWombat, because he tried to quietly cast his vote for Josiah yesterday which I see as an attempt to disperse the votes against Stupot, and he did not vote for anyone at start until he saw that Stupot already had three votes. But I may be persuaded to change my vote if someone can see a better candidate.

Unless, of course, Mandle was right and Josiah is the murderer, but if this is the case then I expect Mandle to PM the rest of us with the confirmation that the murderer has been identified (if he does, I'll sure have to both change my vote and apologise to you, VW ;)).

(PS. tzachs posted the moment before me with pretty much the same thoughts - that we win this way or another and that the Psychic/Mandle should announce if they had found the murderer, but I'll keep my post in its original form anyway.)

VampireWombat

I have too much of a headache at the moment to have any thoughts. But figured I should say something. So... something.

VampireWombat

VampireWombat did no such thing. VampireWombat was half asleep because it was like 6 am and accidentally bolded the wrong word. VampireWombat also doesn't know why he's speaking in the 3rd person. I never wanted to vote against anyone other than Stupot.

Kastchey

I... dunno, I kinda believe you because I'd expect a murderer to accuse me back instead to try and get a guest lynched. But being sleepy sounds like a convenient excuse to cover any bold trick attempt, so I would like to hear what others think before I consider changing my vote.

What do you think we should do, anyway?

VampireWombat

I checked and it was actually around 5:45 am. Which is even worse...

And I still have no thoughts. Personally I'd like to wait to see what other people say. If someone comes out publicly claiming to be the psychic or host, then there's little need for me to think...

VampireWombat

Or... apparently we can all be haunted by a ghost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk