Looking for writers and puzzle designers --Positions Filled, No Longer Hiring--

Started by Raggit, Tue 22/04/2003 22:55:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Raggit

----Positions Filled, No Longer Hiring-----

Sorry to drag this up but I'm still getting offers for help. I appreciate everybodie's offers for help! I now have three people working with me on the story.

Rabbit with Fangs

GinnyW

Hobbes (maybe)

So anyway thank you everybody for your interest and help!

And to the folks who made suggestions about playing the witch etc:  Thanks, but I feel the game will be better if the player is the searcher insted of the witch, who is gone. I know, the witch should be present in the game. I've heard that before too! :)

But I wanna do it this way and we'll see if we do a good job on it if and when it is finished.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this in the ACR thread but I don't think anybody saw it. On the other hand maybe nobody wants to help me! Sorry if I am breaking a rule or something by making a seperate thread here! :)

But I'm looking for one or two imaginative writers/puzzle designers for a mideviel fantasy adventure game.   A quick description of the game:

In a far away land there ruled a greedy and corrupt king. He taxed his people heavily. In the forests there lived an old hag. The king ordered his tax collectors to collect from her too.

She was angered at this so she stole away all the king's treasures and money. She took them and locked them away in a large chest wich she then hid away forever to punish the king for his greed.  After losing his money the small kingdom fell and the king turned his back to the people, left and never returned.

The player is in search of fortune and treasure. He hears this legend and travels to this kingdom to find and claim the legendary treasure!

That is just the plot but before I actually start writing the game itself I need help to design puzzles and stuff. I haven't written very much of the game becuase I want to get some help!

If you want to take part in the creation of this enchanting tale please instant message me!

Thanks!
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Umm, You haven't left an IM link anywhere. I'm interested in helping though.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Raggit

I mean just instant message me here on the forums. Click my profile and then click send this user a private message.

--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Goldmund

Sorry, but as a [/i]writer I take this opportunity to say that the plot would be much cooler if the player was the witch who goes on quest to kick the king's royal butt.
We have too few games about wicca and menstrual blood magik.

DGMacphee from work

I agree with Gold -- playing the bad guys is way more fun!

Scarpia

No, I think the whole magic-thing in adventures has a bad tendency to ruin gameplay somewhat (take RON's Davy Jones character for instance). Also, I think meeting the witch could make much cooler interaction. And perhaps coming across the exiled king on a desolate road, dressed in a dirty cloak and looking like a wandering beggar. (could make a neat Aragorn reference, hehe..)

Go ahead with it, I think it sounds nice!

Scarpia
Scarpia "The Majestic"
Supreme creator of { junk dot dk } and Application of Puzzle Theory

Ginny

I sent you a long PM/IM just now, if it's not too late ;).
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk