[Solved]Walkable areas wont´t work

Started by Dreptschar, Sun 26/08/2018 12:18:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreptschar

Hey,
first of all, sorry for my bad English:D.
So currently I try to build an adventure game but I run into a bug or something.
The walkable areas in my second room don't work. I tried a lot, but nothing helped.
I colored the whole room but the player just walks in the top half of the screen. If I click on the bottom half nothing happens.
If anyone has an idea why or what the problem, I would be glad about an answer.

VampireWombat

Can you try defaulting the main character to start in the second room and somewhere in the bottom half? Then test it.
Something else you could try is using a 2nd walkable area for the bottom half.
A screenshot showing your second room inside of AGS showing walkable areas and the default properties would be helpful.
There's just enough information to be helpful.

Dreptschar

Hey,
thanks for the quick reply!

If I click in the red area it works.
I will try your suggestions.

For some reason, it doesn't show the pictures.
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=04f5bc-1535298474.png
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=958d04-1535298588.jpg
I've tried to use a 2nd area but that didn't work.
I also created a new char and placed it in the room but he also just react if I click in the top half.

Thanks in advance!

VampireWombat

For a moment I thought the issue might have been that you're using the 3rd walkable area. But I tried it with 3 different templates and the walkable area fully filled in and had no issues. Are there any hotspots or objects that could be causing problems?

Dreptschar

There was one Hotspot. I removed it but it didn't change anything.

Dreptschar

It feels like the game tracks my mouse position wrong or something. Even when i just set a small area on the beach to walkable i just can click on the bottom half.

VampireWombat

Okay. What about the room's edges? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Only other things I can think of is if you have a module or plugin that's causing problems.
There has to be an unknown element that would explain the problem.

Dreptschar

That would make sense but nope. I tried some positions but nothing changed. I also got an error Message: System.AccessViolationException and my background color changed ^^
I think something broke :D
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=c59bc9-1535300107.png

VampireWombat

Have you tried moving the top edge to the very top of the screen and bottom edge to the very bottom?
That's the only other thing I can think to try. Otherwise someone else will have to give a try.

Dreptschar

Yep but didn't work.
I don't use any plugin or something just the normal ags.
Well, Thanks a lot for your help I hope someone else has an idea.

Khris

Can you put your game files on google drive or something, so we can take a look?

Khris

I took a look and noticed that it's not just walking but also right-clicking while in the lower half that didn't work.
Which means it has to be a GUI that catches the click.
gCursorText is moved under the mouse when the y coordinate is > 120, so all you need to do is turn its Clickable property to "False".

Dreptschar

WoW! Thank You so much! It finally worked!
I'm really impressed with the ags community!
Have a great Day!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk