What is the art style in The Charnel house Trilogy and Kathy Rain?

Started by KeepItSimple, Wed 29/08/2018 13:43:10

Previous topic - Next topic

KeepItSimple

I see that it has pixel art but was wondering what kind of style the pixel art is in. It reminds me of the older Point and Click Games. IS there a name for this particular pixel art style?

VampireWombat

Semi-realistic low resolution? Ben Chandleresque? I'm honestly not sure there's an official term for it.

KyriakosCH

I think that the main backgrounds (not the characters) are possibly photos that are then edited regarding lighting properties & pixelized :)

It looks very nice, in my view.

The same effect can be done in a 3d render, but will take longer (to model stuff).
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

KeepItSimple

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 29/08/2018 13:49:58
Semi-realistic low resolution? Ben Chandleresque? I'm honestly not sure there's an official term for it.

Thank you

KeepItSimple

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Wed 29/08/2018 14:25:11
I think that the main backgrounds (not the characters) are possibly photos that are then edited regarding lighting properties & pixelized :)

It looks very nice, in my view.

The same effect can be done in a 3d render, but will take longer (to model stuff).

That's cool, I am a 3d artist (Not the best but I can model to get by.)(laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Wed 29/08/2018 14:25:11
I could be wrong, but to my eye, they look more like they were painted in Photoshop, sized down, and then touched up a bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk