AGS, Steam and Mac

Started by zurik, Thu 30/08/2018 01:52:14

Previous topic - Next topic

zurik

Hey guys.
I have read some topics on the board about releasing the AGS games, but there are a lot of answers and discussions and I can't say I am 100% sure how it works.
I am in process of making a game with AGS, and I wonder if there is an easy process to make the game available for Steam and if it possible to make it available for Mac users. I have seen some topics of how to compress the game for mac, but it looks very complicated and impossible for people without a computer science degree? So My questions are:
Can I make my game available for Steam and Can I make it availabke for Mac users?

Thank you very much, and I am sorry if there are already answerd to these questions, I just found a lot of different and contradictory answers.

Lewis

You can use the AGSteam plugin to hook your game up with SteamWorks.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44712.0

Mac is possible but takes some serious work-arounds. Do have a search of the boards as there are several topics about it.

e: Actually it seems AGSteam may help with Mac builds too? Have a read of the thread to find out more.

Good luck!
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

zurik

Thank you evry much for the answer :)

Cassiebsg

As a side note, I've read on the forum that AGS games play fine in a MAC when using WINE (sp?). I don't own a MAC so can't confirm though.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk