MAGS SEPTEMBER "Mermaids and Sirens" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Sat 01/09/2018 02:47:19

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS September?

Jason and the Golden Apple by Slasher
4 (44.4%)
Here Be No Sirens by Kastchey
4 (44.4%)
Sweet Mythery by Vampire Wombat
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Wed 17/10/2018 04:36:57

Slasher

Stupot

Yeah there's no rule against the topic-setter entering. It is just assumed that you haven't done any secret planning and designing (or preferably even thinking about it) until everybody else also knows the topic at the start of the month.

Slasher

I can't be the only entrant?

Come on guys... one day to go!

Kastchey

I'm trying to put something together to get you some competition, Slasher, but as I started late I'm not sure if I'll make it.
Or maybe I'll submit it this way or another, worst case the competition I get you will be VERY lousy ;-D

VampireWombat

I'm still working on mine. I'm working on dialog trees this morning, backgrounds this afternoon, and some programming this evening/tonight.
Tomorrow will be inventory items, music, and finishing up whatever else needs done.

Kastchey

VampireWombat

Don't count on me too much. I still haven't figured out how to properly implement the mermaid(s). All I can promise is 11 people in the inn to talk to and at least one horrible pun.

Slasher

Well, two maybe's is better that no maybe's (nod)

Good luck guys...

VampireWombat

Oh, I have all plans of having a version completed tomorrow. Even if it ends up just people talking about the siren(s) and mermaid(s)...

Kastchey

Toss a dialogue puzzle in and you're good :>

VampireWombat

I have no idea how I'd accomplish that at the moment. Especially with the dialog trees I already have.
I believe I have it more or less figured out, at least well enough for the mags version. I just have to decide which character to use for giving the quest.

Slasher

Only a few hours to go...

Top gear and nose to the grind stone guys.. If you don't hurt you're not working hard enough (nod)

VampireWombat

I am working. And it is hurting.
And there's absolutely no way I'm going to be able to implement everything. I found that I have 33 items. I'll probably have to cut music out at the least. And most likely that won't be the only thing cut...

Kastchey

I have just tested my game from the beginning through the end so it *should* be more or less playable.
I have a few more things to do but I'll submit it before the deadline today.

VampireWombat

That's definitely more than I have. Currently I'm not even sure who has dialog and who doesn't. I definitely won't have time to test it. But I will submit something by the deadline, even if it winds up being a buggy mess...

And looks like item creation is going to be phased out for this version.

Kastchey

So, here it is and again, I didn't really manage to spare much time for testing so.... let the bugfest begin!

Here Be *NO* Sirens

A siren, half-woman, half-bird is doing her very best to live peacefully on her remote little island.
But how can one hope for some peace and quiet if, for some weird reason, human sailors just won't stop washing ashore?

[imgzoom]http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/images/games/2295_2.png[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/images/games/2295_1.png[/imgzoom]
DOWNLOAD LINK

VampireWombat

Sweet Mythery

I'm sure there are bugs.
And not all is implemented.

Sweet Mythery

Stupot

Thanks for all your entries so far. It's a bit hectiv here at the moment. But I'll get the voting up and running as soon as I can.

Stupot

Time to vote!
Please use the poll at the top of the page. You have 2 weeks :-)

Jason and the Golden Apple by Slasher

Here Be No Sirens by Kastchey

Sweet Mythery by Vampire Wombat

The Outer Zone

Looks interesting - hope I will get to play/vote/comment on these before time runs out.
The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk