Murder Most Foul (SECOND WANDER PHASE OPEN)

Started by Mandle, Mon 10/09/2018 15:07:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Mary Dorsey

// Smiles and nods at guests as the drinks tray slowly gets lighter.

cat

Angelica Crosley

// Nods at Mary
I'll take a glass of sherry, if you don't mind - thanks, dear.

I guess I don't have to introduce myself, considering the amount of autograph hunters running around in Applewick, trying to catch me whenever I step outside my house. But I don't want to give you an impression of incivility. My name is Angelica Crosley and I'm delighted to be here this evening.

// Raises her glass
A toast to an enjoyable evening!

CaptainD

Benny Green

// Damn that dame, she's good.  She's looking at me as if she has no idea who I am, like we've never met.  Of course I guess it's natural - she wouldn't want anyone to know or even guess at our little arrangement.  Guess I'll play the role.  Hmm... I wonder if she's had one of her famous "premonitions" about this evening?  Well a guy can't help but wonder, even if I know she's a phony. //

Why Madame Sky, so nice to meet you!  For the first time.  As we've never, uh, met before.  Hehe.  Here, have another drink.

// Oh real smooth, Benny, real smooth.  I guess I shouldn't have started drinking BEFORE getting to this lousy party. //

Stupot

Hank Fellows

// walks around the edge of the room eyeing up the drinks on offer. Takes a champagne and stands, smiling rather awkwardly.

// glances at everyone's lips, trying to catch bits of conversation. Approaches Miss Penelope almost as if for instructions.

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster

// Nods slightly at Hank, makes a small gesture as if instructing him to stay nearby.
// Stands in a prominent place to get everyone's attention

Tonight is a very special night.

Why would that be, you must be asking yourselves? There was no note of any special occasion on your invitations, and no news of any recent event, be it glamorous or sad, have reached our quiet little town, is that right? Well, if this is what you are pondering right now, you are correct. This party is not in honor of anything that happened in my life. It is in your honor, my dear guests.

The tragic accident of my dear late parents is well known among you all. They often say that the hour of death cannot be forecast, but how does knowledge of that help one prepare for the loss of those who are the most dear to them? Months back from tonight, the terrible news left me devastated, shaken and... very, very alone. As if on the inside, I was a child yet again, deprived of, but still longing for the careless joy of the childhood. Perhaps it was this very feeling that brought me here, to the manor which was my family's old summer retreat, and the place of so many of my happy memories.

Moving here was not an easy decision. When I was craving support and stability more than ever, I was to become a stranger in Applewick. Of course, even as an adult I would visit the town once in a while, but the family affairs always kept me so busy that I had never really felt I belonged with the community. I was uncomfortable... oh no, not even that. I was terrified. Yes, you heard me right - I was terrified of the warm, dear, lovely people of Applewick! But I am getting ahead of myself, am I not.

Shortly after I arrived at my family estate, the estate which I, for the first time, was the sole proprietor of, I was surprised to discover that someone here remembered me... or rather, they remembered a nosy little girl whose name eluded him, and who'd stubbornly try to peek into his office. Yes Dr. Killmurray, I am looking at you. This discovery, though unsuspected, gave me the first warm feeling of familiarity in the town that would eventually become my new home.

And from there on, life has started becoming a little easier to bear. Angelica, we have had so many delightful conversations that would always help drive the dark thoughts away. Madame Sky, you offered me both hospitality and hope for a change for the better. Mr. Harlington... our casual chat at The Applewick Cafe And Grill has become an habit after a while, and good habits help a woman make some peace with herself. Colonel Burnes, my father always spoke highly of you and I am honored to have you join us tonight. Mr. Green, you were of a great help to me when I was forced to take over my family affairs.

// Raises the glass to eye level
May we make this lovely gathering customary, rather than extraordinary.

// Raises the glass overhead
To Applewick!

Mandle

Graham Harlington

// Raises his glass and, poker-faced, mumbles something about Applewick

Stupot

// Raises his glass and waits for everyone to follow suit so he can drain the contents.

CaptainD

Benny Green

//Raises both glasses//

Glad I could be of assistance, ma'am.  To Applewick!

Mandle

Penelope Lancaster whispers something to Hank Fellows.

cat

dayowlron

Ret. Col. Maximus Burnes
//raises glass//
To Applewick!
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

tzachs

Madam sky

//raises glass

To Applewick! And, to you, my darling Penelope!

Riaise

Mary Dorsey

// Slightly raises the drinks tray and whispers quietly:

To Applewick!

// Goes back to serving the drinks.

VampireWombat

Dr. Gerald Killmurray
// Follows suit and raises glass.

To Applewick.

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster

// Sips from the glass, smiles at the guests and approaches Ret. Col. Burnes.
Colonel. I am honored that you have accepted my invitation even though as head of the family business, I am no match for my late father. As a woman, I always felt it proper to leave the business affairs in my father's capable hands but alas, fate cared little for what I considered appropriate.

I believe you knew my father well?

Mandle

GAME HOST NOTE:

I have been asked an interesting question from a player:

They asked if it was okay to invent background details for your character and also if it was okay to lie about the actual facts in your character profile:

The answers are yes and yes:

You can invent irrelevant stuff like background, family, etc. It makes the game richer. But this cannot be used to try to deliberately incriminate another player.

You can lie about actual facts in your profile. In fact you should lie if one of your character's goals is in danger.

dayowlron

Ret. Col. Maximus Burnes
I knew James as a good man. I would call him a friend, but that was some time ago. I was quite honored to come see you. You might not remember that I met you when you were such a young little girl. I can tell you he seemed to be very proud of you and I think he even mentioned that one day you would run his company.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

GAME HOST NOTE: This first Mingle Phase will have to continue until sometime on Monday as I have to work all day tomorrow at a children's athletics day event.

Have fun talking with each other until then!

Graham won't be very talkative, but that seems pretty much his deal anyway.

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster
These are kind words, Colonel. I thank you. I would never have thought my father would see me as a true heir to his legacy with how strict he always was with me.

// Turns her eyes to Benny Green

Mr. Green. It is unexpected that you decided to arrive given your, ah... busy schedule. We have always only talked business, have we not. So tell me, how to you find the life in the countryside? So very different to New York, isn't it? Did you have trouble adapting to such a significant change of lifestyle?

cat

Angelica Crosley

// Feels that it's now the time for some casual small-talk
// Nods to Dr. Gerald Killmurray and approaches him

Good evening, Doctor. I must take the opportunity to express my gratitude. The lotion you prescribed for my wrist did wonders. Of course, it was all down to my publisher, who suddenly advanced the release day forward a whole week. Writing around-the-clock, it's no wonder I strained my hand.
However, thanks to you I was able finish Evil Under the Moon in time. I'm sure it's going to be a best-seller.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk