Murder Most Foul (SECOND WANDER PHASE OPEN)

Started by Mandle, Mon 10/09/2018 15:07:06

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Dr. Gerald Killmurray
She seems okay as far as I can tell. I would still prefer to be able to waken her gently if I could. Perhaps a wash cloth with slightly cool water would help...

Riaise

Mary Dorsey

Of course, sir!

//Fetches a cloth from the cabinet, dips it into the jug on the table and hands to Dr. Killmurray.

I hope that will do, sir.

Mandle

Mary Doresy whispers something to Angelica Crosley.

Mandle

GAME HOST NOTE:

The next Wander Phase will be starting in about 24-48 hours from now so lots of time to get some more roleplaying and/or actions done while everyone is together.

Remember that actions other than those detailed in the basic guidelines can be attempted by contacting me by PM. I, the Game Host, will then decide if what you attempt is possible or not, and/or if a skill roll is needed to determine success.

On with the game!

Mandle

Benny Green whispers something to Hank Fellows.

Benny Green takes a knee to examine the collapsed form of Madame Sky.

cat

Angelica Crosley

Mister Green, what are you doing? Don't you think this is inappropriate what you are doing?

Stupot

Hank Felllowes

“Erghm”

//points at his own eyes.
//points at Madame Sky.
//does the universal gesture for ‘money' with his fingers.
//gestures the money ‘moving' from Madame Sky to Benny Green.

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster
Indeed. Mr. Green, I do not think your wide scope of expertise includes medical training.
You would not have yourself harm a lady's reputation, would you?

//Glances at Hank
Hm...? Oh.

CaptainD

Benny Green
Don't be stupid, people.  I'm a Private Investigator - I'm looking for clues, not money.  I already have a good idea of which one of you people protesting so innocently is guilty of murder - along with some of your other dirty secrets.  I need more evidence to prove it though - maybe THAT'S why you're objecting to me clue-hunting, eh? 

Stow the objections and let me get on with my inquiries.  Just remember - YOU'RE ALL SUSPECTS.

cat

Angelica Crosley

Objecting to clue-hunting? You were fiddling with an unconscious lady! What on earth were you looking for? What is your relation with Madame Sky anyway? Were you paid by her for investigations? You mentioned something like this earlier this evening.

CaptainD

Benny Green

CLUES, doll, I was looking for CLUES.  What's so hard to understand about that?  The thing about detective work is, sometimes you don't know something is a clue until later... so you investigate everything possible.  I wonder what I would find if I were to examine YOU?

As for my relation to Madame Sky... yeah I've done some work for her.  She's not the only one who needs assistance from a PI from time to time.  But exactly what our arrangement was is strictly confidential and absolutely none of your business.

Okay, okay... let's calm things down.  Is there any more booze in this joint?

cat

Angelica Crosley

I agree on calming things down, Mr. Green. However, I suggest you refrain from drinking any more booze, as you call it. While you were merely looking for clues, I found proof that Graham Harlington's drink was poisoned.

Which, of course, brings me to the following question: who had the opportunity to put poison in his drink? Mary and Hank, you were serving the drinks - did you notice anything suspicious?

Stupot

Hank Fellowes

// shakes head

// repeats same series of gestures as before, this time taking a coin out of his pocket to represent money, and gesturing its movement from Madame Sky to Benny Green. All the time, pointing at his own eyes.

Riaise

Mary Dorsey

No, ma'am, nothing suspicious that I can recall. The plates, glasses and cutlery were all cleaned thoroughly and laid out on the dining table before the guests arrived. The room was left unattended for a short time, while we greeted each guest. The bottle of champagne was fully sealed, as you all saw. If I may ask, what kind of proof did you find?

//Concentrates on Hank's gestures.

Hank, are you saying that you saw Madame Sky paying Mr Green? Or are you trying to tell us something else? Nod for yes, you saw payment, or shake your head for something else.

CaptainD

Benny Green

Poor fellow, I feel the hapless Hank has lost his mind.  He's obsessed with some hallucination he's had or something.

VampireWombat

Dr. Gerald Killmurray
Err. If I may interrupt. But I agree that searching an unconscious woman is a bit uncivilized. Unless you believe she was also poisoned. In which case, such suspicion should have been spoken to me so I could attempt to counter its effects. But she appears to have just passed out.
Unless...
// Feels for the bottle found in the W.C. trash.
I found this bottle empty. It's calmative pills subscribed to Penelope Lancaster. But she was unaware it was empty. It's possible she was sedated by someone. Though I still object to anyone nearing her unless trying to awaken her.

Mandle

Angelica Crosley whispers something to Penelope Lancaster.

Dr. Gerald Killmurray does indeed produce from his pocket, and show everyone, an empty bottle of "Calmative Pills" prescribed to Penelope Lancaster on the label.

cat

Angelica Crosley

Mary, I had a strong suspicion that poison was involved. So I took a closer look at the glass. Since I took a chemistry class at university and also did a lot of research for my books, I know quite a bit about the topic.

On the other hand, doctor, I don't know much about pharmacology. Considering the amount of missing pills, was the dose life-threatening? Can you give some antidote? When do you think the pills were given to her?

VampireWombat

Dr. Gerald Killmurray
As there seems to be no other side effects, I would say if she was drugged that it was a fairly low dose. At this point there seems little to do other than to let her sleep it off unless other symptoms show. As for when, it's hard to say. Especially if mixed with alcohol.
As for the rest of the pills, I have a feeling they might have been use on our umm, corpse. They could have been mixed with a poison to umm, expedite the reaction. Of course this is merely a guess...

Riaise

Mary Dorsey

My goodness, Miss Penelope, I knew things had been bad for you recently but I had no idea you were having to take pills. I feel awful, I wish there was more I could have done to help.

But why would someone sedate Madame Sky and kill Mr Harlington? What connects the two victims?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk