Murder Most Foul (SECOND WANDER PHASE OPEN)

Started by Mandle, Mon 10/09/2018 15:07:06

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Angelica Crosley

Indeed, doctor, please help her!

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster
Oh my god, she is going to hurt herself!

//Grabs the cloth Graham Harlington's body is covered with and tries to push it under Madame Sky's convulsing body to stop her from thrashing against the floor

Doctor, help!

VampireWombat

Dr. Gerald Killmurray
I-it looks like she's having some kind of seizure that I'm unfamiliar with. Normally I'd suggest some kind of sedation and restraint to keep her from hurting herself. Without knowing the trigger, all I can suggest at the moment is trying to ensure she doesn't hurt herself or anyone else.

Mandle

Angelica Crosley whispers something to Ret. Col. Maximus Burnes.

Penelope Lancaster whispers something to Angelica Crosley.

As Penelope pulls the tablecloth in haste from Graham Harlington's corpse he tumbles disturbingly off from his chair and onto the floor, still maintaining his slumped sitting position stiffly.

She bundles the tablecloth under Madame Sky's back, cushioning her violent thrashing somewhat.

Madame Sky's mouth seems to be trying to form words in her unconscious state but no sound, except for a faint strangled gasping, can be heard.

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster

//Shrieks and covers her eyes upon the corpse's fall, hands trembling violently. Tears start streaming down her cheeks

Someone help me, please... Why is this happening...? *whispers* Graham... I can't....

cat

Angelica Crosley

// Puts her arm around Penelope Lancaster's shoulder and turns her away from the corpse.

Poor Penelope...

Riaise

Mary Dorsey

Hank, you're much better at lip-reading than the rest of us. Can you tell what Madame Sky is trying to say?

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster

//Hides her face in Angelica's shoulder, weeps quietly for a while then goes silent.

Mandle

Angelica Crosley whispers something to Penelope Lancaster.

Mandle

Madame Sky's eyes suddenly fly open and she jerks up into a sitting position, gasping, her eyes darting around.

After a few moments, she begins to check her pockets.

cat

Angelica Crosley

Madame Sky, thank god you are awake! Are you alright?

Riaise

Mary Dorsey

Madame Sky, can I get you anything? A glass of water, perhaps?

tzachs

Madame Sky

//Eyeing Angelica

I'm fine, sweetheart, thanks for asking.

//Turning to Mary

My dear, there is nothing I would like more than a glass of water. Unfortunately I no longer trust any drinks in this place.

//Put her hands on her neck, then smiling a smile of relief

Well, it looks like I'm back from the dead!

//Staying silent for a few seconds, for a dramatic pause, then speaking while looking at the floor, slightly shaking

I.. have a confession to make.
I am a fraud. Or rather, I was a fraud. I was using Mr Green's services to get info on people and use them to prey on the gullible.
I am ashamed and truly sorry.
I was trying to follow the footsteps of my ancestors but I just didn't possess any of their powers.
That is, until now.

//Looks back up, suddenly with newly found confidence.

i just had an eye opening experience. You see, I have never been close to another person's demise.
Once I touched the body of poor Mr. Harlington, it's like everything came to me at once. It opened the gates and released my powers.
I had visions like none before.
I smelled mud and tasted blood in my mouth. This is not my memory, but Mr. Harlington's memory, in that I'm certain.
I felt a crushing weight pressing down on my body. As I tried to get around it and escape from it in a panic, I noticed, for a brief moment, a triangular gap in whatever was on top of me.
In the gap I saw the sky and then a rifle barrel appeared. The bayonet at the end of the barrel prodded around above me for a bit. Then I sensed footsteps moving on.

Does this ring a bell to anybody? Did you see anybody carrying a rifle? Colonel, do you carry a rifle? Is there any place around here which has mud and we can perhaps go and search?

Anyway, this concluded my vision. Following that I was able to float in the air here and listen in on your conversation.
Now, checking my pockets it seems that my precious tarot cards are missing.
They could not have left the room. As I floated in the air I saw 3 people kneeling over me: the doctor, Mr Green and our sweet host.
Did one of you, perhaps mistakenly, take my cards? Can you expose what you have in your pockets so we're sure?
Or, rather, if you did nothing wrong, surely you won't object to a third party, like Mary here for example, to perform a little body search on you.

VampireWombat

Dr. Gerald Killmurray
Madame Sky, are you sure you're okay? It looked like you had some kind of seizure during all of it. At the least I suspect you'll have some back pain for the next few days.
As for the cards, they were still on you when I checked you.

CaptainD

Benny Green
I took your cards for safekeeping, madame. I know how precious they are to you and wanted to keep them out of the hands of those who may have ignoble purposes. I planned to return them to you discreetly but, under the circumstances, please accept them back now.

tzachs

Madame Sky

Ah, my sweet and kind Benny, thank you for your consideration, dear. Yes, I would have my cards back now, thanks.
And thank you doctor, yes, I feel fine, no back pains at all. In fact, I have never felt better in my life.

VampireWombat

Dr. Gerald Killmurray
Hmm. Perhaps adrenaline and endorphins are running high for you. Still, I recommend avoid any strenuous activity the next couple of days and avoiding picking up any heavy objects. I'd also recommend ice or a cold compress as soon as possible as a precaution.

Kastchey

Penelope Lancaster

//Raises her head, then eyes Madame Sky

Madame, are you... sure you are feeling well? You were thrashing quite violently against the floor. Do you not have any pains? Perhaps you should at least sit and rest?

//Looks at Benny Green
Mr. Green, what is it you are implying? What ignoble purposes could drive anyone to steal tarot cards?
They are certainly important for Madame Sky's trade and beautifully crafted but still, they are but a pack of cards... Why would you think anyone might have wanted them?

tzachs

Madame Sky

I appreciate your concerns, but I assure you that I feel no pain whatsoever. I don't need to sit or rest, in fact I'm anxious to try and exercise my newfound abilities. In fact, if any of you have a dead person with whom you wish to communicate, please let me know, and I'll do my best.

cat

Angelica Crosley

While you were passed out, it was discovered that calmative pills were missing. Do you think you were drugged? Or was that seizure a side effect of your visions? I could not find anything in your glass, but this can be because of my limited chemical skills.

In the meantime, I realized that "mud and blood" must refer to trenches and battlefields. I asked Colonel Burnes if he knew of any guest here having served during the Great War, but he sadly didn't answer my question.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk