Question on a very lazy scripting tactique :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Thu 13/09/2018 15:06:18

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Hi, I want to ask how to best make this (admittedly very lazy, but what do you expect := ) trick work:

-have inventory items be the only trigger for stuff (ie not have to use counting or other stuff)

Namely i am interested in how to make it so that the inventory items (most of them) don't show up on screen (ok, no graphic for them or their cursor) and also CANNOT be selected if clicked upon in the interface (this is what i am not sure about).

In theory i could tediously move each of them in some distant spot, and then use regions to prevent the mouse ever reaching it. But - as i already said - i am lazy. So, any other option? :D
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Snarky

If I understand what you're trying to do, you could use a dummy character for these "pseudo inventory items". This character's inventory will never be seen, but can still be accessed from the script.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 13/09/2018 15:08:02
If I understand what you're trying to do, you could use a dummy character for these "pseudo inventory items". This character's inventory will never be seen, but can still be accessed from the script.

Awesome idea... I will try that! :)

KyriakosCH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk