First post and first ever character!

Started by Xadhoom, Wed 23/04/2003 03:24:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Xadhoom

Hey there! My very first post on this forum...has only just discovered AGS, and it really seems like a great program!
So anyway, here's my first try at making the main character of my game...gentlemen, I give you Angelo Ramirez, part time hero, part time slob, full time womanizer. Now how's that for a hero!
I made him using a heavily modified Guybrush Threepwood (the one from Monkey Island II), and just went from there...made him taller, more buff and whatnot. Anyways, rip it apart, I need all the help I can get; this is my first venture into pixelart.

Cheers!

EDIT: Me dumb. I should of course have posted the pic I have of him in closeup. I made this for a roleplaying game I participate in...the adventure game I wanna make is actually built upon some of the story from this roleplaying game.

.::XADHOOM::.

Quickstrike

:o :o :o :o Nice!  You'll be very happy here!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Trapezoid

Incredible. It looks a bit too much like Guybrush though. Maybe if you changed his hair color...

Quickstrike

Give him a beard.  Now, that's the anti-Guybrush!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

rodekill

It looks like romance-novel-cover Guybrush, which is really, really cool.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: rodekill on Wed 23/04/2003 05:21:54
I am Guybrush, The most beautiful man in the world... ?

I can't believe it's not Grog?
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

remixor

Quote from: Rabbit With Fangs on Wed 23/04/2003 05:44:15
Quote from: rodekill on Wed 23/04/2003 05:21:54

I can't believe it's not Grog?

"....spray.  Tshh-tshh."  That's my favorite commercial in the world

To xad: Before I read the text, the first thing that came to my mind was "Guybrush" so you may want to make him slightly more distinct.  Other than that though, he looks great, and totally fits your description!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

n3tgraph

same thing as remixor here :)

I saw the pic - my mind responded - guybrush!~
but hey, it's neat, but would only work for a pirategame, or a sailorman or something
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Xadhoom

Thanks for the replies, guys. Appreciate it.

EDIT: ADDED AN OLD CLOSEUP OF HIM IN THE TOP POST

Check. Still too much like Guybrush. I'll see what I can do...:)
Trapezoid: I did! :D I ac tually redrew about 90% of the hair. If you remember, Guybrush actually has brown hair. At least in Monkey Island II...
N3TGraph: Heheh, yeah, he IS totally a swashbuckling character...but he's gonna be in a fantasyworld. That's how he's always been, right from the start.

I'll look into, guys, thanks for the crits. :)

AlphaMole

oooh.. nice job on the hair

... now all you need is an animation of him getting hit in the face with a bird ^_^
"this is the worst thing I have ever tasted" *munch*
"then why are you still eating it?!"
..."It's in my hand"

Quickstrike

Quote from: AlphaMole on Wed 23/04/2003 12:05:49
oooh.. nice job on the hair

... now all you need is an animation of him getting hit in the face with a bird ^_^

Plus, him shoving countless items in his pants.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Whoah, impressive detail. Nice work. :)

Erwin_Br

I don't think it's his hair which reminds me of Guybrush. It's his pose.

I like this character a lot.

The hi-res RPG character is awesome as well, great shading!

--Erwin

Neole

Lovely! Reminds me of stuff like treasure island, robinson crusoe and tarzan.

Andail

Very nice, Xadhoom.
Welcome to the boards.

Xadhoom

Heh, thanks again everybody.

even

I totally dig it, but I think his eyebrows might be too bright, particularly in the straight on pose.  People's eyebrows typically arent too hairy, and therefore shouldnt be too blond. To make him look less like guybrush and more like Antonio- I'd give him a way cool handle bar mustache.  Waaaay sweet ;)

evenaway

I just looked again, and even tho you may have redid his hair- its still very guybrushy.  I would perhaps change the length of his ponytail and also eliminate the front bang. I think this will help him look less cartoony as well. I'll try to draw an example later. :)

Xadhoom

The problem is that he's built over a character from a roleplaying game, and his design has been down for almost two years. I can't add moustaches or make his hair dark or stuff. I have to try and keep it as close as possible to the closeup in the top post.
Even: But I'm with you on the eyebrow-thing. I'll try darkening them a bit. Thanks. :)
Evenaway: Please do. I'd really appreciate it. :)

amaranth

Hey Z, can't wait to see your game. Saw your work over at deviantart a couple of weeks ago. good stuff.
Like RPGs? Play Ahriman's Prophecy!!
www.amaranthia.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk